Boss's CoolGamePlayPatch Thread

Will we need an Optional GamePlay Patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
CGPv5 ODI Fix (50/45 Overs) Updated!, Download Now!!!, 26.6.2005, Sunday

Hi Friends!,
As promised, here is the ODI (50/45 overs) fix for CGPv5. Download now for bug free game play and Enjoy! :happy ,

Download CGPv5 ODI Fix from PC! (Size: 21 kb) (Attached under this post)

(or)

Download CGPv5 ODI FIX Now!!! (Size: 21 kb only!)(Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Details of CGPv5 FinalFix:

Title : Cool game Play Patch Version:5 (Final Fix For ODIs-50 Overs Mode)
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
E-Mail : [email protected]
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

Game Modes:

All the Game Modes (Hard Mode for Pro gamers, Normal Mode for Casual players, and Easy Mode for Toddlers:-)), and this version supports ODI 50 overs/FD 45 overs Game types only.

Installation:

a. Import the "cgpv5odi50oversfinalfix.cfg" by using "Config Editor Version:3(or)2 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option to play 50 over/45 over ODIs/FCODs.

b. Install the "advcoverdrive.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option. (This step is common for 10/20/45/50 Overs ODIs/FCODs).

c. Install the "runoutcamfix.zip" using "Graphics importer version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.

Un-Installation:

a. Import the "OriginalAIConfigs.cfg" (:\cgpv5full\Uninstallers) by using "Config Editor Version:2(or)3 by Prakash" using "import patch/import AI" option.

b. Install the "AdvanceCoverDriveEA.zip" (:\cgpv5full\Uninstallers) using "Graphics importer Version:3/v2 by Prakash" using "import zip" option.
(above 2 un-installers avail from CGPv5 Full Patch)

CGPv5 ODI Final Fix Hi-Lights:

After discussing abt the CGPv5 Full patch in the thread, most of the friends, mainly point out few bugs in ODI format (50 overs) and all of'em are eliminated in this patch.

1. Best 50 overs Pacing by the CPU so far.

2. Unlike the prev patches, the CPU will build the inn gradually (agg batsmen play as usual) to post the good scores and even when wickets fall at regular intervals, they can resurrect the inn beautifully. The Chasing of scores also improved for CPU.

3. Over aggression by CPU is reduced.

4. The batting in the Hard Mode is challenging now and it is for advanced players only. OW u may struggle. Even to play this with sams new exe patch is recommended for pro gamers only. Others may try out it with sams "no runout" exe.

5. You must have to play with IRCUv5(Full Version-seperate for Tests and ODIs). All the test playing Teams Player's char and stats are updateded!.This is a innovative think am working on that will give you a realistic game play experience!. The default player characteristics are not up to the mark in game. So that am decided to tweak it to more realistic and works well now. All the player's consistency, temper, flexibility, aggression, defence, (batting, bowling)- play style and fielding parameters are changed according to their stats!. All the above chars are different in Tests and ODIs. So select your roster and configs accordingly for appropriate results. (ref.to: Installation Methods-avail with CGPv5 full patch).

6. Ground Characteristics (Pitch and Out field Conditions) modified.

7. Power of the shots tuned down a bit to make it more realistic. No more flying of the ball from the bat in a second to the fence and no more out of the ground hit shot too often. You have to spend more time to set u in to go for a big shots. Earlier, u have to run hard for every possible single/two. OW the score may not be as u expected.

Now What?:

O.K. After playing a bit with this new fix, let me know u'r thoughts/comm/fb/rev/pros/cons or what ever u think abt the patch in the PC thread, thus to improve it even further if possible.

Download CGPv5 ODI Fix from PC! (Size: 21 kb) (Attached under this post)

(or)

Download CGPv5 ODI FIX Now!!! (Size: 21 kb only!)(Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Boss (PC Team)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8615

Hi Friends!,

Here we go!, As ever, On time, The Ultimate AI Patch for EA Cricket"2004 - CGPv5 (Full and Final Version-FF) is Just Released! :happy , So just grab your copy and simply Enjoy :cheers ..., It doesn't get bigger than this!... :eek:

Download CGPv5 Now!!! (Size : 338 KB Only) (Use "Save Target As" Method instead of directly clicking it!, after downloading never forget to scan the file with the good virus scanner!!!)

(Or)

Download It From The Attachment!!! (Size: 338 KB)

Download CGPv5 FF Document Now!!! (Size: 9 KB Only!) (Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Details:

Title : Cool game Play Patch Version:5 (Full and Final)
Author : A.R.Karthick (Boss)
URL : http://eac2004.sphosting.com (will be updated tomorrow!)
Discussion Forum : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...read.php?t=8615

Game Modes:

As it was in previous patches, this patch supports All game modes (Easy- for beginners, Normal- for amateurs, and Hard- for pro's) and all Game Formats(Tests/ODIs/FCM/ODs/Exhibition Matches).But this time around after heavy thinking i am coming out with set of configurations for Test matches and ODIs(50/45 and 20/10 overs type) seperately. So u have to install the patches accordingly when u play a Particular game type.

Inclusions:

There is a heavy cluster of files included with this patch. So don't be confused. I'll elaborate all one by one.

Included files in the zip archive (cgpv5full.zip) are,

1. ODI Folder :

a. IRCUv5 ODI Match Roster Sub Folder (Includes ODI Char as well as stats for updated roster.pak along with every teams roster list.).

b. 20 or 10 Overs ODI/FC-OD Match AI Configs.

c. 50 or 45 Overs ODI/FC-OD Match AI Configs.

d. ODI/FC-OD gen format Advance Cover Drive Fix (As this can't be incl with AI Configs).

2. TEST Folder :

a. IRCUv5 TEST Match Roster Sub Folder (Includes ODI Char as well as stats for updated roster.pak along with every teams roster list.).

b. Test Matches INTL, FCM (4 day/5 day) AI Configs.

d. Test Match-Advance Cover Drive Fix (As this can't be incl with AI Configs).

3. Un-installer Folder:

a. Advance Cover Drive Fix Un-installer.

b. Bowler Action Mod Patch Un-installer.

c. Camera Mod Patch Un-installer.

d. Default EA A.I. Configs.

e. Default EA Field Settings.

4. On the CGPv5 Main Folder :

a. CGPv5 Bowler Action Mod patch - Every Bowler's Starting Run-up, Delivery Action Modified!.

b. CGPv5 Byes Free Field Patch - If u'r down with excessive byes, then this patch for you. Just for Test Matches.

c. CGPv5 Complete Camera Mod Patch - Yap!, Almost all the camera angles tweaked. For the first time Auto Replay (once got out, hitting 4/6, edges,...,Auto Replay Cam in Act!) Tweaked along with general cam settings and manual replay cam settings. Some kinda "Matrix Movie" type panning shot provided in Auto replay.

d. CGPv5 Regular Field Settings - Appropriate field positions for ODI and Test Matches.

Sorry Guys!,i didn't have enough time to prepare the Read Me Document as well as updating the details(CGPv5 Installation and Un-installation Details, Hi-lights, Tips !). Already my hair turn half grey due to the intense patch making! :onpc . Any how will unleash the CGPv5 Details Tomorrow!!!. Hope u guys kindly bear with me.

Now what?:

After playing a bit with CGPv5, please remind to put your comments/reviews/feedback/pros/cons or what ever your thoughts on the patch into Planetcricket forum thread. Lets enjoy the game.

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...read.php?t=8615

If u like to e-mail me : [email protected]

Check My Website for all the CGP Related Details:

http://eac2004.sphosting.com (will be updated tomorrow!)

Happy Gaming Cricket'2004!!!

Download CGPv5 Now!!! (Size : 338 KB Only) (Use "Save Target As" Method instead of directly clicking it!, after downloading never forget to scan the file with the good virus scanner!!!)

(Or)

DOWNLOAD CGPv5 From The Attachment Now!!!.(Size: 338 KB Only!!!)

Download CGPv5 FF Document Now!!! (Size: 9 KB Only!) (Instead Of Directly Clicking the link, kindly use "Save Target as" Method to avoid some prob as the host didn't allow the hot linking and then scan with any good virus scanner before use it!).

Cheers

Boss
:happy :hpraise

Attachments

• cgpv5full.zip
    338.2 KB · Views: 639
  • cgpv5odifix.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Patch looks good. im going to download this now. ill give you some more info once i played with it.

I'd like some more technical info, like how you changed the bounce. Also how you changed the custom fields when Prakash and I couldn't find them...

thanx sohail!, u'r comments are dearly welcome!!!

boss

hi barmyarmy,

i'll post "field" details tomorrow!!!, (i didn't track the offset number today). But for the Bounce, i've changed the "Hardness" parameter in Ball conditions cfg.

thanx

boss

great stuff mate...im downloading this later on, but im off for now.......

barmyarmy said:
I'd like some more technical info, like how you changed the bounce. Also how you changed the custom fields when Prakash and I couldn't find them...
He has modified only the default fields, not the customs ones. Do you think the custom fields haven't been found yet ;)

Prakash said:
He has modified only the default fields, not the customs ones. Do you think the custom fields haven't been found yet ;)

I think we couldn't find them but then again I have other things to worry about.
@ Faraz: do as Boss suggests and paste the link into a new window.

He has modified only the default fields, not the customs ones. Do you think the custom fields haven't been found yet

prakash u r correct. in btw offset 26470401 and 26730497 there are 128 field seetings are there. but i don't know which one are custom fields. soon someone find that here. But is still wonder how i could manage to include the custom fields in the modifiedfields.zip archive. elaborately saying i install this game in two OSes. In win2k, i do all editing, in Win98, i have a fresh inst and install my patch into it(both config aswellas fields archive), when i play the game, in the custom fields, there are the fields(custom fields available) which are i edited in my win2k game. that still bamboozled me how i do that. need some clarification.

the link is not working can u post a patch here

done faraz mate!, the patch is posted in the thread is well. scroll all the way down to the post. but kindly make u'r comments on it.

boss

The custom fields are stored at the end of ".\My Documents\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\user-yourname\user-your name" file. I don't know why you want to edit custom fields, when you can edit the default fields. And you can place the fielders much more accurately in default fields rather than limited fielder positions in custom fields(it uses the co-ordinate system of cricket 2002).

Prakash said:
The custom fields are stored at the end of ".\My Documents\EA Sports\Cricket 2004\user-yourname\user-your name" file. I don't know why you want to edit custom fields, when you can edit the default fields. And you can place the fielders much more accurately in default fields rather than limited fielder positions in custom fields(it uses the co-ordinate system of cricket 2002).

Custom fields are useful for making "on the fly" adjustments during the game. I use them guite a bit to set odd fields when I feel I can contain / get out a particular batsman.

The main problem with these is that if you set a field, and then return to it in the next over, all the fielders are in the wrong locations. The positions are the same, just the fielders themselves are now in another place. Means Hoggard takes most of my slip catches!

You can run field editor in the background and change the default fields between balls.

but the problem with my system is i lost sound when i do that, and need to restart the game from where i saved.

boss

barmyarmy said:
You can run field editor in the background and change the default fields between balls.

Fair. Problem is if I switch out of the game I lose the sound. If I do it too often, I lose C2004 until I reboot.

I will have to investigate the custom fields in the user- file. For some reason, it never occurred to me that was where they were stored. Duh!!!

edit...
boss said:
but the problem with my system is i lost sound when i do that, and need to restart the game from where i saved.

boss

lol - guess we both had the same idea :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread