100 100's - Finally it has come. Take a bow Master!

SLICKR392

Club Captain
I don't see a reason to disagree with you (puddleduck) there. Well as per for me, I feel his the best. Well, I prefer Dravid over Sachin, and half a million people in India are gonna disagree with me..or either they are gonna kick my bu**.
Well, its up to me whom should I like & whom should I feel is better than Bradman, well 99.94 Average, LoL..I don't think any one is gonna even get close to that, few have crossed it but they went back to where they had left off.
As said by "puddleduck" he is the best (Sir D.B). But in the modern days, these days without The Don....his (Sachin) the ruler.
P.S- No offence Mark.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Haha. Yeah, the poor little fella. I wonder how much pressure he's putting on himself to get there - would be great to go into the mind of Sachin. But one thing's for sure, if he doesn't get it this tour, then if I were him I'd seriously think of retiring on 99. It could be his tribute to the Don. One thing you don't want to do is play on for one or 2 more years when you are playing badly, just to get this mystical 100th 100.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have a feeling he will do it here in this series. Even if against Sri Lanka, its OK. Getting it off his back will open him up completely and he will start flowing freely back again.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nothing is impossible for The GOD of Cricket... He will do it. :hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

I am completely hate this. He is not the GOD of cricket. Everywhere I read that is all I see about him. He is a classy great player but God of cricket no chance. The god of cricket is someone like Sir Don Bradman not the everyday man Tendulkar.

ON topic, he is capable of getting there but he should retire now, as well as players like Dravid and Laxman to give players time to blossom for World Cup 2015. Cause I can't see Tendulkar performing well in 2012. Leaving out Jaysuriya there is no player that i know that plays good cricket after the age of 40.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I hope it doesn't happen til they play Australia in Sydney. Why do I say that?
Because I'll be there to see it

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Sachin Anthem by Dhanush out today, hopefully Sachin gets some inspiration from it and scores the 100th ton today.

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Awesome song! The lyrics in the middle particularly are just PERFECT! For me, this one is as good as Kolaveri DI (in terms of lyrics).:cheers Hope Sachin listens to this and comments on it.:D

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Happy Anniversary, Sachin's 99th ton.

It had become 1 year since Sachin Scored his last Century!

Any views on it? :)

Owzat

International Coach
I don't acknowledge the "landmark" as such, it's a bit like suggesting someone who scored 73no one innings resumed in the second innings and made 27 runs therefore made a hundred in the match.

Cue a lot of feet stamping from Indians and indi(a)gnation generally at the suggestion it's a non record. Whatever. (and I gather from TMS I'm not alone in my view on the matter)

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING

King Cricket

International Coach
I too don't see the logic of lumping together Test centuries with ODI ones, and drumming up a frenzy which, if anything, has encumbered the man and stifled his elegant and graceful style of playing.

Sachin's greatness will not be diminished by one iota if he fails to reach the 'landmark'. He is, and will remain, the finest cricketer produced by India. A timeless wonder; and one of the greatest ambassadors of the game.

The 100th century is, in every way, inconsequential and insignificant.

I think Mukul Kesavan perfectly elucidated the point here:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/543468.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread