Story 1992 World Cup relived - World cup tourney

Who will make the semi finals?

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
saisrini80 said:
oh gosh!!! 201 on a damp pitch??? i doubt india might be able to make it.. who are you playing as ravi? india or sri lanka?

India already made it mate. I batted the first 25 overs for India and scored 100/4 with Azharuddin and Amre at the crease. Then I generated the next 25 overs India went past the target with 3 wickets to spare. The points table already reflect this result, the points table is in my signature. India is now placed 5th in the table.

crick4life

International Cricketer
I batted the first 25 overs for India and made 100/4

Match evenly poised

The ODI between India and Sri Lanka is now evenly poised thanks to some enterprising batting by Indian captain Azharuddin and a top class bowling by Gurusinghe. Azharuddin looked at ease and was unbeaten on 51 off 71 balls. All the top order Indian batsmen had starts but ended up getting out. Azharuddin joined Jadeja when the wicket of Srikanth fell when the score was on 20. Azharuddin carried on his excellent batting performance till the 25 overs mark and brought up his 50 in 70 balls with 3 hits to the fence.

Srikanth was the first to go when he mistimed a leg glance to hit in the air straight to Kalpage at mid wicket. Jadeja then looked comfortable before getting a dodgy lbw decision. The ball clearly missed the stumps and was going down the leg but the umpire thought otherwise.

Tendulkar and Azharuddin then put on 32 runs between them before Tendulkar got out to an excellent yorker from Gurusinghe. Kambli also showed promise but in the end was out to another LBW decision this time off the bowling of Gurusinghe.

The fortune of much of the run chase now is left with the Indian captain Azharuddin and to a certain extent the lower order of Kapil dev and Manoj Prabhakar.

Attachments

• indsl25overs.jpg
    indsl25overs.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 73

crick4life

International Cricketer
These 25 overs were auto played

India coast to a comfortable victory

The Sri Lankan win spree in the world cup came to a halt as India wrapped up their second game by 3 wickets at Canberra. Thanks to an excellent 81 from the Indian captain Mohd. Azharuddin and the young P.Amre India coasted to a 3 wicket win over Sri Lanka.

The win for India completed a match in which they had been dominant right from the off, and afternoon?s action finished off the hard work by the Indian pacers which put them into the winning position. India had resumed the 100 for 4 after 25 overs, both Azharuddin and P.Amre pretty much put Sri Lanka out of the contest by putting together a 88 run partnership. Amre was unlucky to miss out on a well deserved half century.

azhar1.jpg

Gurusinghe was the most successful Sri Lankan bowler, with 3 for 31, and he had made quick work of the Indian middle order earlier.

Both teams wil now prepare themselves for their next one dayer in about another couple of days with Sri Lanka taking on South Africa and India taking on the current champions Australia.

The points table after this game :

snap038.jpg

Attachments

• indsl50overs.jpg
    indsl50overs.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
I have also reduced the difficulty for human batting in the patch to ensure I give myself as much chance as CPU has to win. We should probably see an even contest from now against the CPU.

The next game is a crucial West Indies and England one. If England do win this one then they will pretty much sit pretty at the top along with Australia and Pakistan. England will have a chance to move up the ladder and if not be at the top can end up being second.

If West Indies win this game then the world cup will have three clear winners at the top with Australia, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. India, England and West Indies will all pretty much end up in the second tier and will all have a chance to go up in their next encounter.

In the original game West Indies were shot out for just 157 runs with Lara scoring a duck. England chased that in 40 overs to register a comfortable victory.

The scorecard summary of that game is as follows :

WI lost to Eng by 6 wkts (MoM: Chris Lewis)
WI 157ao in 49.2 (Haynes 38, Arthurton 54, Lewis 30/3,
DeFreitas 34/3)
Eng 160/4 in 39.5 (Gooch 65, Hick 54, Benjamin 22/2)

I will be playing for the losing team and in this case will be West Indies. I will be batting the first 25 overs and bowling the first 25 overs.

Last edited:

MWaugh

International Coach
crick4life said:
David Boon helps Australia to a decent score

wbboon_wideweb__430x255.jpg

all i have to say is you gotta love that picture. go the aussies. mark waugh should bat alot higher as well ravi. people just didnt know cricket back in 1992

crick4life

International Cricketer
MWaugh, those days Australia had a pretty good top order. With the likes of Marsh, Boon, Jones and Border the younger Waugh could only be fitted in the late middle order. Definitely both the Waughs should be batting above Moody for sure. M.Waugh was played as an all rounder, those days he was fairly brisk and could bowl few decent paced deliveries.

crick4life

International Cricketer
England lose out in thriller

_1229658_haynes150.jpg
A good 50 from Haynes guided WI to a much needed victory

England clawed their way back from the brink of defeat to almost deny West Indies in a nail-biting encounter. Eventually West Indies were lucky to get away with a win despite a shocking collapse towards the end of their inning.

England were within sight of their second one-day win in this world cup over one of their historical rivals when West Indies lost 5 wickets for only 15 runs, chasing a modest total of 229.

But Haynes(58), Hooper(41) and Richardson(46), had pretty much guided West Indies home to leave England's hopes of making to the top of the table over the arch rivals Australia hanging by a thread.

_322113_keith_arthurton.jpg
Arthurton : Rolled his arm well to get 4 English wickets​

England captain Graham Gooch, along with the large contingent of England fans inside MCG, will no doubt still be wondering just how late the yesteryear all rounder Ian Botham was called for bowling so late in the inning.

West Indies made a terrific start, losing their first four wickets for 210 runs and were pretty much knocking on the victory door but then Ian Botham removed both Hooper and Logie. Gooch might be ruing his decision for not having brought the flombuoyant Botham earlier on.

Earlier England batted well in patches and many a batsman got starts only to disappoint. Robin Smith and Fairbrother contributed 44 & 45 but could not ensure England got to a big score inside their 50 overs. A late order aggressive batting from Dermot Reeve helped Engalnd put together a fighting total but it was never enough for a strong WI batting line up. Gooch now might look forward to using Ian Botham a lot more in the rest of the games now that he knows what he has missed out from the burly all rounder.

Attachments

• engwi.jpg
    engwi.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 54
  • engwi1.jpg
    engwi1.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

jonah

International Coach
Noo, only 2 overs for Beefy :eek: ? What was Goochy thinking of, or had he fallen out with the great man himself ;) ?
Sounded a good, close match mate :cool: .

Beefy...underbowled?

Attachments

• beefy.jpg
    beefy.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Yeah pretty stupid bowling choices really. I didn't bring on Beefy for the first 24 overs and brought him on in the 25th over hoping the CPU will use it for the rest of the game but it changed the bowling right from the next over and I didn't have a control over it as I only played the first 25 overs. The second 25 overs were autoplayed and I was surprised how the game eventually turned out this close. I had West Indies sitting pretty at 137/3 after 25 overs and CPU when generated allowed WI to barely reach the target.

jazz

Panel of Selectors
england v windies was an excellent match

i wish windies could play cricket now how they played it back then

Users who are viewing this thread