Story 1992 World Cup relived - World cup tourney

Who will make the semi finals?

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lanka stun New Zealand by 98 runs

Christchurch,: Sri Lanka sealed an emphatic 98-run victory in their second World Cup match against New Zealand on Monday.

Ian Smith was left stranded on a fighting 41 as New Zealand slumped to 142 all out in reply to Sri Lanka's 240-7, in which Aravinda DeSilva made a sparkling 100.

Ian Smith and Chris Cairns had led a New Zealand recovery with a Seventh-wicket stand of 52 after losing most of the top order and were reeling on 37-5.

But Cairns fell for 34 followed almost immediately by tail and when Cairns was bowled by Gurusingha for 34 the writing was on the wall for the Kiwis.

Arvinda DeSilva led from the front with a blazing century to help Sri Lanka post 240/7 in their stipulated 50 overs .

Aravinda DeSilva hammered 12 fours and a six in his 100 runs off 135 balls after Sri Lanka were put in to bat by New Zealand captain Martin Crowe.

Aravinda DeSliva and Roshan Mahanama added 179 runs for the second wicket which put Sri Lanka on path of a good total after they had lost opener Samarasekara to Dipak Patel at the total of 14. Samarasekara could score just seven runs.

The fall of Aravinda DeSilva when Sri Lana was on 219, however, saw Sri Lanka slipping a bit as the batsmen failed to take full advantage of the solid platform provided by DeSilva and Mahanama who scored a solid 71.

Gurusinghe (18), Ranatunga (11), Jayasuriya (0) and Kalpage(0) were all out while trying to step on the accelerator. W.Watson for New Zealand claimed 4 wickets in the last over.

New Zealand bowlers also tightened their act in the slog overs, the result being that Sri Lanka could add just 48 runs in the last ten overs.

Willie Watson proved to be the most successful bowler for New Zealand, claiming four wickets for 43 runs while Cairns, Patel and Harris took a wicket each.

nzsl.jpg

nzsl2.jpg

nzsl3.jpg

nzsl4.jpg

crick4life

International Cricketer
For some reason playing as New Zealand is just too difficult, don't know if its the players the average or the team but hard not to lose early wickets. Well and truly this is a challenge now to win as New Zealand.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Pakistan win against Zimbabwe and leads the table

19amir1.jpg

Thanks to a solid 79 by Amir Shoail and to an all round bowling performance Pakistan stream rolled against Zimbabwe in their second game in the world cup. Pakistan now leads the table with 2 wins one against West Indies and the other against the clueless Zimbabwe.

Attachments

• Pak.jpg
    Pak.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 184
  • zim.jpg
    zim.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 515

crick4life

International Cricketer
Points table after the last game between Pakistan v/s Zimbabwe

Attachments

• points.jpg
    points.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 144

crick4life

International Cricketer
The next game : Much vaunted come back for South Africa to World cricket

Australia v/s South Africa at Sydney

This was one of the better come back for South Africa to World cup cricket as they beat the hosts Australia by 9 wickets :eek: Australia scored a paltry 190 runs and South Africa chased it losing only one wicket.

I will play this game as Australia to tilt the balance of winning towards South Africa. I have been playing for losing teams so far and I have a dismal record of winning only one game very closely by 4 runs playing as Pakistan against West Indies. I will only be batting and will be auto playing South Africa's inning.

The original score summary of the game played in 1992 is as follows :

[26 Feb, Sydney]
Aus lost to SA by 9 wkts (MoM: Kepler Wessels)
Aus 170/9 in 49 (Boon 27, Waugh 27, Donald 34/3)
SA 171/1 in 46.5 (Wessels 81*, Kirsten 49*)

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Woaaa! Sri Lanka on top. Who would believe that. But its to early, and I am sure the table is gonna change.

The next game is a big one. SA are making a comeback to WC Cricket, and are pitted against the hosts, and defending champions Australia. Australia on the other hand have won their first game and look strong.

boss

Club Cricketer
yap!, very exciting match on the cards!, surprisingly xplosive new comers versus the big boss of cricket. very realistical matches mate!. Thank u!

Boss

MWaugh

International Coach
crick4life said:
Points table after the last game between Pakistan v/s Zimbabwe

go the kiwis haha. great performance. south africa are doing better than them before they even take the field. great story here ravi. the only thing i wish is that the 1992 world cup kits were used. but full credit to you. it wasnt until i made the 1996/97 teams that i realised how hard it was. and youve done it for all teams. superb. very well done.

MWaugh

International Coach
crick4life said:
Pakistan win against Zimbabwe and leads the table

19amir1.jpg

Thanks to a solid 79 by Amir Shoail and to an all round bowling performance Pakistan stream rolled against Zimbabwe in their second game in the world cup. Pakistan now leads the table with 2 wins one against West Indies and the other against the clueless Zimbabwe.

where do you find those pictures from ravi? i have searched everywhere for some photos for my story but you seem to just be able to churn them out haha.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
hey Mwaugh, do one thing. Go to Google, click on the Images link above the search box and then search for pictures. You will get more precise results and the pictures will be displayed instead of the whole site being displayed. Or gettyimages.com is another best option

Users who are viewing this thread