Story 1992 World Cup relived - World cup tourney

Who will make the semi finals?

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sri Lanka inch closer to victory

Just when Zimbabwe looked to be even with Sri Lanka when on 147/5 after 30 overs Wickramasinghe struck twice in one over to first remove in form batsman David Houghton for 53(48 balls, 4 fours) and Ian Butchart 8(12 balls). Zimbabwe now are looking down and out at 153/7 after 32 overs.

promot.jpg

Earlier Andy Flower played very well before he was plum in front off Kalpage for 48(63 balls, 5 fours). Sri Lankan fielding was very bad and they so far have dropped 4 easy chances. For Sri Lanka Wickramasinghe has struck thrice giving away 41 runs in 7 overs, Kalpage bowled fairly well to return figures of 2/48 off 7 overs and the other wicket taker for Sri Lanka is Ramanayake with 1/21 off 7 tight overs he has bowled so far.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Sri Lanka win the first game comfortably

Zimbabwe's fight was short-lived and was bundled out for 171 runs in just 35 overs thanks to an excellent bowling effort by P.Wickramasinghe.

Zimbabwe has to blame themselves for having lost the last 5 wickets for 22 runs in under 6 overs after having been 149/5 after just 29 overs. Sri Lanka attacked all the time and it paid off rich dividends. The lower middle order and the tail enders succumbed to the pressure and threw their wickets away. Now Sri Lanka will go with a lot of confidence against one of the cup host New Zealand. New Zealand though did not bat very well in their previous game against Australia will be looking forward to this encounter. Sri Lanka on the other hand will be far more comfortable facing New Zealand at this stage of the Word Cup. Although against the minnows Zimbabwe Sri Lanka batted and bowled really well. The only short coming was with their fielding and will not be able to afford dropping catches against a good side like New Zealand.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 66

crick4life

International Cricketer
The clash of the titans

This game will have to be one of the most important games in the tournment. Pakistan may have a set back with their terrific captain all rounder Imran Khan not taking part in the first one dayer due to an old injury. Despite the injury to Imran Khan Pakistan look an excellent batting unit and may be a touch short in the bowling department that will be made up with the sultan of swing Wasim Akram and a decent pacer Aquib Javed. The batting line up is studded with stars through out. The line up of Rameez Raja, A.Shoail, Inzi, Miandad, Saleem Malik, Ijaz Ahmed, Moin Khan can chase or bat against any attack in the world.

Speaking of bowling attack West Indies posess there cannot be a better bowling attack in any of the teams participating in this world cup. Bowling attack of Marshall, Ambrose, Benjamin, Harper, Arthurton and Hooper is as good as it can get.

Batting is no less daunting for the opponent when playing against this mighty West Indies team. A batting line up of DL Haynes, BC Lara, RB Richardson, CL Hooper, AL Logie, KLT Arthurton, RA Harper, MD Marshall would seem a nightmare to bowl against for even the best of the bowling line ups.

On paper West Indies looks way ahead of Pakistan particularly in the bowling department although Pakistan will hold itself up if the comparison is on batting terms. This will truly go down as one of the most important games in the world cup.

Pakistan Player Pages: Rameez Raja, Aamer Sohail, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Javed Miandad, Saleem Malik, Ijaz Ahmed, Wasim Akram, Iqbal Sikander, Wasim Haider, Moin Khan, Aaqib Javed.

West Indies Player Pages: DL Haynes, BC Lara, RB Richardson, CL Hooper, AL Logie, KLT Arthurton, RA Harper, MD Marshall, WKM Benjamin, D Williams, CEL Ambrose.

crick4life

International Cricketer
The original WI v/s Pak game in 1992

The original game was won by West Indies in an embarassing loss for Pakistan by 10 wickets :eek: The young and up coming Brian Lara scored 88* off 101 balls in the company of Desmond Haynes who ended up scoring 93* off 144 balls. The first wicket produced 175 runs before Lara retired hurt. Richardson then joined Desmond Haynes and they finished off the game without losing any wicket :eek:

Earlier Rameez Raja provided an excellent start for Pakistan and scored 102 off 158 balls with only 4 fours :eek: Pakistan realised 220 runs in their stipulated 50 overs and Javed Miandad chipped in with 57* off only 61 balls.

The scorecard of the original game can be found at

Original game scorecard

So far I have played 3 games in this world cup schedule and lost them all. I came close to winning in the first two games but was never in hunt in the last game. I will be playing this one as Pakistan and will be autoplaying the West Indies inning. I hope I win this one at least.

crick4life

International Cricketer
gold639 said:
I think WI will win easily :)

Although WI win looks the only result on cards, I don't want that to happen. Even playing against the likes of Marshall and Ambrose with averages of 23 and 26 is hard to digest.

With the new patch even if I end up scoring more than 200 runs on this green pitch on MCG I would be more than happy.

gold639

International Coach
Lol,but West Indies have the stronger players,so when auto played,they'll surely make a very big total.

Users who are viewing this thread