19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
ohhh, yeah, like the look of this, must admit I didn't like the sound of action cam at first, but looks pretty good on this vid. Players faces look very good too, 1 month to go, can't wait.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
thanks captain oz, i was thinking of doing the same but thanks for the credits :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This new IC10 video was picked up by mrman80 and displayed in another thread. I thought I would add it here to a new thread for discussion. This time we get to see some actual gameplay, especially the use of the action cam.

GameSpot Video: International Cricket 2010 Exclusive Gameplay Trailer

To me it looks like AC 09 with the addition of "Action Cam". I have my doubts about AI as well as in the demo video field setting is same as it used to be - all the fielders on off and nobody on the leg side :(

Not looking good I must say and I hope I am proven wrong on June 4th when PC team play-tests the game

mrman80

Club Cricketer
Did they remove the last second cursor movement thing?

Also what do you guys think from that video will there be offline 2 player mode having action cam? From the look of it i don't think it will be possible except for split screen.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Looks pretty impressive. Only downer was that backfoot shot over the cover region being played to a yorker length delivery. Actually, I'm not sure if it was yorker length, it was quite fast so I couldn't really tell.

What's with Australia being 17/0 after 0.2 overs though (towards the end of the video)? Rest of the scores seem fine though.

Last edited:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
What's with Australia being 17/0 after 0.2 overs though (towards the end of the video)? Rest of the scores seem fine though.

I guess they were letting the bowler bowl no-balls, and didn't care because they were trying to get the batting stroke they needed to show the big 6 hit. The thing I appreciate this time is the timing of the shots can be manually adjusted so that 1's and 2's can be acquired sensibly. Notice how the 360 batting highlight area is shorter for those shots?

So yeah it can be considered mostly a patched AC09, but there 3 or 4 decent additions being made to the game for now. This game with stats tracking should be fantastic - that really must be in IC11, no excuses.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Its Awesome!

I guess the kits of IC10are similar to AC09, but its too difficult to extract:D:D.

And 360 degrees shot placement is AWESOME!!!!!

And Ponting Opening:eek:

The non licensed countries names are same from AC09!:(

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Action Cam looks awesome. I was actually expecting it to be like that, good to see it is like that.

Power stick looks a bit similar to Century Stick in Cricket 07. Last time I played that was ages ago, so I may be wrong, but it seems familiar.

The bat tapping the ground animation looks ugly, and Stuart Broad's bowling action is all wrong. It would be great for someone like Malinga though. Models and likenesses look much better, I could actually recognise Kevin Pietersen unlike AC 09.

Looks to be quite a few good improvements, but I want gameplay improvements before I consider buying this.

Next game I hope they improve the gameplay and the animations. Graphics also need to be enhanced to an extent.

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The faces looked better than AC09 and the Action Cam seems to be a good addition. But the shot animation are same as AC09 and strokeplay wise as well as bowling wise (apart from the bowling action) it did'nt look any different from patched AC09.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Nothing new in this video. Same old shot animations have been carried over. Forward defensive still looks ugly. Backfoot shots look agricultural at best. Only improvement in AI can be the saving grace for offline play at least.
I am not sure if the line and length and colored reticule mechanism of bowling has been carried over from AC09? I absolutely hated to be told what good line and length is.

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
Why didn't Coddies announce this video?

I like it though, now imagine that A-cam gameplay with hudoff, trying to predict where the bowl will be bowled at at the last moment..like in REAL LIFE *shivers* hope hud-off makes it to online.

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Oh, man this is so cool. I am in love with the action cam. The faces look so real specially KP, Broad and Johnson. Ashes 09 had bad hairstyle in the case of Johnson but now :happy:clap

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Nothing new in this video. Same old shot animations have been carried over. Forward defensive still looks ugly. Backfoot shots look agricultural at best. Only improvement in AI can be the saving grace for offline play at least.
I am not sure if the line and length and colored reticule mechanism of bowling has been carried over from AC09? I absolutely hated to be told what good line and length is.

Exclusive Interview with International Cricket 2010 Producer - CricketGaming

It says you don't position the reticule any more, you hold it in position. Tbh I don't know exactly what that means, I guess it places the reticule somewhere and you've got to position the stick to and then it'll bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread