19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

mrman80

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Exclusive Interview with International Cricket 2010 Producer - CricketGaming

It says you don't position the reticule any more, you hold it in position. Tbh I don't know exactly what that means, I guess it places the reticule somewhere and you've got to position the stick to and then it'll bowl.

nice find. It was ridiculous in ashes 2009 where ppl would place reticule far off side and move it to leg stump at last second........and at times they wont at times they put it short of length and move it to yorker at last second....which in my opinion is ridiculous as you don't have a real bat in ur hand to adjust that fast last second....

So if they no longer allow you to position the reticule then it would be perfect.... you can swing and spin and ball slow bowls n do such variations still.....to keep it interesting.

D

Dutch

nice find. It was ridiculous in ashes 2009 where ppl would place reticule far off side and move it to leg stump at last second........and at times they wont at times they put it short of length and move it to yorker at last second....which in my opinion is ridiculous as you don't have a real bat in ur hand to adjust that fast last second....

So if they no longer allow you to position the reticule then it would be perfect.... you can swing and spin and ball slow bowls n do such variations still.....to keep it interesting.

Well batting was so ridiculously easy in online mode that people were forced to come up with tricks to get some advantage. I hope that we can remove the bowling cursor in online play as well, if both teams choose to. That would make it more realistic...

Lee1981

International Coach
looks like same old gash to me, just an obvious patched version.
Will still be buying it regardless and then probably selling it a month later like ashes 09.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Exclusive Interview with International Cricket 2010 Producer - CricketGaming

It says you don't position the reticule any more, you hold it in position. Tbh I don't know exactly what that means, I guess it places the reticule somewhere and you've got to position the stick to and then it'll bowl.

The way this works is that as you start your run-up, the cursor is just plonked in the middle of the pitch. To bowl a good length outside off stump, you need to push the stick up and to the left slightly. If you let go, the cursor goes back to the middle of the pitch. In AC09 you used to move the reticule, release the stick, and it would stay. Now you have to hold the stick in the right place to aim, which means that in theory you can do it without the cursor, but I imagine that it would be very difficult indeed.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
The way this works is that as you start your run-up, the cursor is just plonked in the middle of the pitch. To bowl a good length outside off stump, you need to push the stick up and to the left slightly. If you let go, the cursor goes back to the middle of the pitch. In AC09 you used to move the reticule, release the stick, and it would stay. Now you have to hold the stick in the right place to aim, which means that in theory you can do it without the cursor, but I imagine that it would be very difficult indeed.

Flip side, a proper challenge, something cricket games tend not to give us after the first 20 minutes.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
the acam is a brilliant feature in my opinion.....batting and bowling both looks good.....will be a lot of fun though.....really looking foward to the release, hopefully there will be no ash cloud above britain so i?ll reviece the game on monday after the release at the latest.......otherwise i will regret the 25bux i paid for ultra highspeed delivery :-)

PS: really sad to see that the fielding and catching animations obviously are the same....cant see them anymore

Last edited:

Brook

Club Captain

Is there some kind of challenge for keeping the reticule in the place you want it, like it shakes around a bit or something? Or is it still possible to throw down 6 deliveries to the exact same spot with every bowler.

I have to say this looks ok, a lot has been carried over and there are some seriously ugly animations. I think I'll either wait til it's cheap or wait for IC11. Another thing I've noticed is the lack of a mention of test matches in most of the promotional material. I mean I'm sure they're in, just not sure how developed they'll be.

Kaos110

Club Cricketer

just to make sure i got it right, the cursor can be seen all the time by the one whos bowling?????

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
just to make sure i got it right, the cursor can be seen all the time by the one whos bowling?????

Yes, the cursor is on by default like every other cricket game ever. Now, you can actually turn the cursor off for an extra challenge.

Is there some kind of challenge for keeping the reticule in the place you want it, like it shakes around a bit or something? Or is it still possible to throw down 6 deliveries to the exact same spot with every bowler.

I think the wobbly cursor is something that has been tried and found to be annoying to players. I had the idea that a bowler with low confidence should have a 'nervous' cursor which shakes a bit, and a bowler with reduced stamina should have a 'tired' cursor which has a bit of lag and momentum to it when trying to aim.

To me that's a much better manifestation of a bowler being nervous or tired than having a graphical bar which tells you so, and just adding a multiplier to the shot difficulty for the batsman. But then again, I'm not a professional games designer.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
that sounds reasonable as long as the movement is not super fast meaning...while i start my run up with holding stick up and left to bowl outside offstump good length then at last second if i move stick extreme right..........it should move slowly and maybe make it to offstump or middle and not like outside leg.....

Users who are viewing this thread