19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There was a heap of turn for the spinners after the beta patch, got to the point where it was spinning square on day 1. There seemed to be swing and seam movement but it was hard to notice, you had to assume that your delivery was doing what its meant to do or wait for hawk eye to see the movement.

I am not concerned about the visuals only. Swing and seam movement should have perceptible affect on the gameplay as well. Currently, seam and swing movement doesn't make it any tougher to play the shots ( at least not in AC 09) and neither do they induce edges.

In fact I played matches in all conditions and grounds in AC09, including Headingly where batting was supposed to be difficult, and was easily able to score at the rate of 12+ in test matches against AI without any difficulty.

P

pcfan123

Is there one post with all the videos released so far in it? That would be a good stickie

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I am not concerned about the visuals only. Swing and seam movement should have perceptible affect on the gameplay as well. Currently, seam and swing movement doesn't make it any tougher to play the shots ( at least not in AC 09) and neither do they induce edges.

In fact I played matches in all conditions and grounds in AC09, including Headingly where batting was supposed to be difficult, and was easily able to score at the rate of 12+ in test matches against AI without any difficulty.

In my experience the swinging ball was more difficult to hit than the straight one. I did get a few edges to them when the ball before which was straight I had hit perfectly for four. It was more in the bowling where I didn't notice the swing or seam movement, the batsmen would easily block them out and even my inswingers onto the pad had little effect.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Will the Batsman play dead (statue) after hitting the ball again? Has any one noticed it in three videos?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well im glad they spend their time developing a power feature and a new camera angle. Those two things alone will improve the gameplay of the game. Bowling actions are purely aesthetic. Being able to determine the power of a shot is something new to cricket games and an integral part of the game.

Definitely not, Cricket 07 had this feature.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
i think cricket 07 only had century stick feature i.e. 360 degree thingy but its long time since i touched that game.......never remember any power element being involved but regardless why bring cricket 07 here when EA abandoned us cricket gaming community.......codemaster is doing a steady improvement.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Definitely not, Cricket 07 had this feature.

It did but it was not executed properly in that game. The shot always had the same power no matter how hard or soft I moved the stick. If it is done accurately in IC10, then it may very well be a defining feature of this game.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
@mrman: They have abandoned us, but nonetheless, being someone who has played Cricket 07, some of these improvements wouldn't be a big difference to me as I've seen them before...

@samiullah: May have been, I just can't remember tbh.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
If there were 4 different companies each releasing a new cricket game EVERY year (like baseball in the US), I wouldn't be rushing to buy anything. But since cricket games are so rare, I will get this game on release day. Thank god we've finally got some competition going on - hopefully it will improve things enormously.
I wrote this post 5 and a half years ago. It was on the 12th of Feb, 2005. I had such high hopes.. :laugh

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
IC10 sounds very promising, the option of not having a ball pitch marker is great! It should make it harder to bat.
If I can remember correctly there were only 12 teams in AC09, so I wonder who the extra 4 will be?
I've also noticed that there are 3 kits: test, one dayer and T20 which is cool or am I completely wrong?
The twenty over league also sounds good.
I just hope the AI bat accordingly to whatever situation and that edges actually carry through to the keeper, slips etc.

Can't wait till the 18th of june!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I just wish they would get rid of that back foot loft over extra cover to a half volley!!

They use it all the time and it looks so bad!!!:doh

P

pcfan123

I just wish they would get rid of that back foot loft over extra cover to a half volley!!

They use it all the time and it looks so bad!!!:doh

For real buddy, when is the last time you ever saw anyone loft a back foot drive? and that too loft it over the boundary :facepalm

Its used non-stop online as well by all the sloggers

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
For real buddy, when is the last time you ever saw anyone loft a back foot drive? and that too loft it over the boundary :facepalm

Its used non-stop online as well by all the sloggers

Strangely, in the match I played last Saturday our number 5 hit a crazy back foot cover drive almost for 6, so it does happen, just not very often. When he did it I commented that it was "like off Ashes 09" but I think I was speaking to the wrong audience!

P

pcfan123

Fair enough that it does happen, but in AC09 you could play that shot to just about any length or line and it was played constantly

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Fair enough that it does happen, but in AC09 you could play that shot to just about any length or line and it was played constantly

I agree with you. One thing which I really don't like about AC09 is how you can choose the wrong footwork and are only penalised with the 'WRONG FOOTWORK' message in the extreme cases - like trying to back-foot drive a yorker.

It really should work so that the more wrong you get it, the smaller your timing window gets, until it becomes so ludicrously small that you don't stand a chance of hitting it. It is possible to go back to a half-volley, but to not edge it requires a lot better timing (I can't think why that would be logically, but that's how it feels to me).

Having this would give the batsman a few more creative options, but with a risk attached. So you're facing a spinner who is bowling a really good length, and you can't get past the fielders at cover-thru-mid-wicket, so you might want to try and play a late cut. Playing a late cut to a full-ish ball requires really tight timing, and you are running a risk of an edge/missing it because it's not the ideal shot for the length of the ball, but you need to take the risk to relieve a bit of pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread