19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The way this works is that as you start your run-up, the cursor is just plonked in the middle of the pitch. To bowl a good length outside off stump, you need to push the stick up and to the left slightly. If you let go, the cursor goes back to the middle of the pitch. In AC09 you used to move the reticule, release the stick, and it would stay. Now you have to hold the stick in the right place to aim, which means that in theory you can do it without the cursor, but I imagine that it would be very difficult indeed.

lazy_chestnut, one question for you... if you move the cursor abruptly at the last moment, say from leg to off as people do while playing AC09 online, does the cursor move at the same speed or cursor sort of moves at a slower speed and gives batsman sufficient time to adjust his shot?

In case you can move cursor at the last moment I don't see any difference to the existing system other than that now you have to continue holding the cursor.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Half of Action Cam looks like a rip of EA's idea in C07 and then they have just gone and extended it a bit further.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Half of Action Cam looks like a rip of EA's idea in C07 and then they have just gone and extended it a bit further.

Agree cent percent... Action Cam is rejigged version of EA 2007 where wicket keeper & batsman were semi-transparent so you could see the ball from batsman's perspective.

Also, the analog power stick seems to be a re-hash of EA 2007's "century stick" control mechanism. All good ideas and I hope codies' implementation is better than how EA implemented the features but credit has to be given to EA about thinking about these features.

In fact if EA is able to add 360 degree shot selection in EA 2007 it would be better than any other cricket game, including AC 09.

Params7

International Cricketer
Well since EA isn't making games I don't mind them picking up on EA's idea and improving it if means better gameplay.

Allrounder18

Banned
Whats up with horribly wrong bowling action??? they are far worse than the last year atleast in last year the bowilng runup although quiet horrible was still syncing with the follow through but now even the runup is good but its way off out of sync with the follow through.

blazerix

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^
Exactly. The animations still look a little dodgy.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

Well im glad they spend their time developing a power feature and a new camera angle. Those two things alone will improve the gameplay of the game. Bowling actions are purely aesthetic. Being able to determine the power of a shot is something new to cricket games and an integral part of the game.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
:banana2:banana2:banana2:D:yesHello guys.
Just wanted to say the new trailer video looks real good.
Not perfect but i can't want for next month, well if aus get it
of course.
Also in the trailer i saw on the scorecard at 1 min 07 sec in,
there was 2lb and 1b and 4 wides. Plus no no balls.
Its only 3 overs but i hope they fixed the no ball problem to.
No international cricket side bowls 30 no balls everytime i play
a test batting inn, only west indies get a lot.

Hitterman

International Coach
I felt that the trailer was of EA C07+AC09. I can say that it'll be good this time;;)

darthlewis1

Club Captain
In this trailer the shots look the same, because when the batsmen in the video plays a defensive shot for example, they stay in the same position and suddenly jump into the shot which looks nothing like a defensive, its just not very smooth.

apesnani

Club Cricketer
sorry guys looks pretty bad.

bowling actions are pretty poor, the leg spinners looks bad

batting, reactions looks too late.

ball physicns still look very unrelastic. Just look at the leg spinners, a ball cannot remain in the air for that long at that trjectory at such a slow speed!

unless reviews are amazing not buying this gam

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Animations are something you can get used to. But what KILLS a game is when the gameplay is faulty or unrealistic, which is what the power stick is trying to avoid in the batting aspect. Combined with 360 direction selection, it adds variety to your shot placement and timing. And that's gotta be a good thing.

P

pcfan123

Seriously,

Being able to choose footwork, 360 shot placement ability and controlling the power of the shot are 3 very fundamental aspects of batting simulation.

I really hope the power stick turns out to be an essential tool. In AC09 you could not hit defensive shots and take singles to rotate the strike. If this element works as well as it should the game alone will be worth it.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Seriously,

Being able to choose footwork, 360 shot placement ability and controlling the power of the shot are 3 very fundamental aspects of batting simulation.

I really hope the power stick turns out to be an essential tool. In AC09 you could not hit defensive shots and take singles to rotate the strike. If this element works as well as it should the game alone will be worth it.

The only thing that worries me is that it's way too easy to score runs against AI. I wish there was more swing & seam movement for fast bowlers and plenty of spin for spinners.

Would really love to play a game in which you bat on a green top in overcast condition and the AI bowlers are making the ball talk and reduce you to 30 odd for 4 :)

Currently the edge to keeper and slips is purely based on timing and if you play late you edge the ball and there's no chance for you to edge a well timed shot. Guess what, in real cricket it's a well timed shot played away from the body and thus not middled that gets an edge. If you are too late you generally play on or miss the ball completely.

Hope we get a game where edge is not a function of timing but a function of seam/swing/spin movement, quality of batsman, length of the ball (good length or just short of a good length should get more edges) and how far away from body batsman plays the shot (i.e. how close is batsman to the pitch of the ball - farther away the batsman is to the pitch of the ball, more chances of edging).

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
There was a heap of turn for the spinners after the beta patch, got to the point where it was spinning square on day 1. There seemed to be swing and seam movement but it was hard to notice, you had to assume that your delivery was doing what its meant to do or wait for hawk eye to see the movement.

Users who are viewing this thread