19th of May - New IC10 video teaser - with actual gameplay

P

pcfan123

I remember in EA07 if you chose backfoot to a ball that was too full it would pass under the bat and bowl you.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would love to see a slider based system similar to what is used in Madden NFL series. Have a set of sliders for the following categories...

1. Catching - Slider at 0% means all catches are dropped and at 100% all catches are caught

2. Fielding - Slider at 0% means fielders misfield everything and at 100% AI is close to aussies in the field ;)

3. Running - Slider at 0% means plenty of run-outs in the game similar to AC09 and at 100% AI doesn't get run out at all!

4. Batting - Slider at 0% means AI batters play risky shots and chances are they will get bowled out fairly quickly, and at 100% AI seldom plays a false shot and basically slider at 100% is AI batting in GOD mode

5. Bowling - Slider at 0% means plenty of freebies on offer and AI seldom bowling to its field whereas at 100% every ball is on line and length and according to its field

6. Extras - 0% means you can expect wides and no-balls every few deliveries and at 100% the AI doesn't bowl any no-balls or wides at all.

Tweaking these sliders will provide sufficient replay value and should satisfy everyone - right from noobies to a hard-core cricket fan.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I remember in EA07 if you chose backfoot to a ball that was too full it would pass under the bat and bowl you.

Correct!.... Obviously all shots are possible, just they seem to love putting it into every video, almost as if its the trademark shot!....

angad

Chairman of Consent
I agree with you. One thing which I really don't like about AC09 is how you can choose the wrong footwork and are only penalised with the 'WRONG FOOTWORK' message in the extreme cases - like trying to back-foot drive a yorker.

It really should work so that the more wrong you get it, the smaller your timing window gets, until it becomes so ludicrously small that you don't stand a chance of hitting it. It is possible to go back to a half-volley, but to not edge it requires a lot better timing (I can't think why that would be logically, but that's how it feels to me).

Having this would give the batsman a few more creative options, but with a risk attached. So you're facing a spinner who is bowling a really good length, and you can't get past the fielders at cover-thru-mid-wicket, so you might want to try and play a late cut. Playing a late cut to a full-ish ball requires really tight timing, and you are running a risk of an edge/missing it because it's not the ideal shot for the length of the ball, but you need to take the risk to relieve a bit of pressure.

Dude...i think you have some really cool ideas!! Ideas that can be easily implemented with the current ashes09 engine! I seriously suggest you write down these ideas and send it to transmission...who knows, maybe they will add a few codes to their software and implement these suggestions in a DLC or maybe the next game :)!!

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Power stick looks good. I can't wait to just chip one to midwicket or long on for two, rather than get caught on the boundary.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Did the last game have the upper drive for 6 to third man against spinners that went 15 rows back? That was ridiculous on old games.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Did the last game have the upper drive for 6 to third man against spinners that went 15 rows back? That was ridiculous on old games.

Oh yes, I can't remember if it was in AC 09, but I played BLIC 2005 quite a bit and playing that shot sure was terrible :facepalm .

blake

School Cricketer
It would be great if they furthered Action Cam a bit into something really realistic - perhaps where you are watching it almost directly out of the batsman's eyes and there is no pitch marker for where the ball would land. Imagine trying to bat against that on a green pitch - quick bowlers swinging it different ways and you have no idea where it would land before hand. Now that would be a real test!

Still, I don't think I will end up buying this game as I didn't get AC09 either.. but I'll have to wait and see.

sibis

School Cricketer
It would be great if they furthered Action Cam a bit into something really realistic - perhaps where you are watching it almost directly out of the batsman's eyes and there is no pitch marker for where the ball would land. Imagine trying to bat against that on a green pitch - quick bowlers swinging it different ways and you have no idea where it would land before hand. Now that would be a real test!

Still, I don't think I will end up buying this game as I didn't get AC09 either.. but I'll have to wait and see.

The feature where you can't see the landing marker is already in the game!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I fail to see how no bowling marker will enhance gameplay. Let's assume for instance you are facing a fast bowler (Mitchell Johnson, Akhtar or Steyn). This means you will have to play a shot as soon as bowler lets go off the ball. If you wait to judge line and length of the delivery you will be way too late as per AC09 timing mechanism. So either you mistime most of the shots or you assume line and length of the delivery and play a pre-determined shot, which in no way improves gameplay experience.

Unless shot timing is modified in IC10, i.e. gives batsman enough time to judge line & length before playing a shot (most probably when the ball hits the pitch), bowling mark or HUD off will not be very useful IMO. I will be very interested to hear feedback about the feature from PC play-test team.

sibis

School Cricketer
I fail to see how no bowling marker will enhance gameplay. Let's assume for instance you are facing a fast bowler (Mitchell Johnson, Akhtar or Steyn). This means you will have to play a shot as soon as bowler lets go off the ball. If you wait to judge line and length of the delivery you will be way too late as per AC09 timing mechanism. So either you mistime most of the shots or you assume line and length of the delivery and play a pre-determined shot, which in no way improves gameplay experience.

Unless shot timing is modified in IC10, i.e. gives batsman enough time to judge line & length before playing a shot (most probably when the ball hits the pitch), bowling mark or HUD off will not be very useful IMO. I will be very interested to hear feedback about the feature from PC play-test team.

I think you are totally wrong because it actually makes you play the real game. This is how u cant hit a six or four every ball, as you have to judge the ball and play it little lately so u get singles and twos, and the wider ball is easily judged and hit for a four and the bouncer isnt easily judged so you duck it.

This is how i expect it to be in the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I think you are totally wrong because it actually makes you play the real game. This is how u cant hit a six or four every ball, as you have to judge the ball and play it little lately so u get singles and twos, and the wider ball is easily judged and hit for a four and the bouncer isnt easily judged so you duck it.

This is how i expect it to be in the game.

You didn't answer my point regarding playing the shot as soon as the ball leaves bowler's hand. Let me reiterate... how exactly do you intend to "you have to judge the ball and play it little lately so u get singles and twos"??? I assume you have played AC09 and my understanding is that IC10 is based on a patched version of AC09 so am assuming the timing for this game remains pretty similar to AC09.

So humor me and explain how exactly do you "judge the ball" when in AC09 you have to play a shot as soon as the ball leaves a bowler's hand? Maybe you should try to play AC09 again and try facing a fast bowler (Steyn or Johnson) and see when you play a shot and how much time you get to judge the ball once the bowler delivers the same.

mrman80

Club Cricketer
i see your point but that is true for fast bowler only if its medium fast or fast medium or medium pacer u get more time........to judge the line and length even after they release the ball....

For fast bowlers its like if you play *less* power shot you get wider timing window.....if you try to hit it for 6 with full power you obviously will either have to judge the bowl line/length correctly or you will always mis time it.........sounds like a perfect game play to me

Users who are viewing this thread