2007 Twenty20 World Championship

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It's an ideal format for TV, length wise. Matches seem to be scheduled for 8:00, 12:00 and 16:00 GMT. In Eastern Australia, that's 6pm, 10pm and 2am. In WA, that's 4pm, 8pm and 12am. Most of the matches can be watched in prime time, so Nine might well have bought Australian match rights again.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Whose showing in USA?

Or are we gonna have another last minute deal by Dish or Direct TV?

I can imagine them buying the rights on September 11 or something like that - they've done it before!

Now, as far as Pakistan goes, the first thing is to beat Scotland. Only then, will I feel comfortable.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Timing isn't great for people in NZ. 12am start is tricky enough then there is the 4am one. I'm use to waking up for Rugby in SA during those hours but 20/20 cricket that's certainly a new one.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm, is there anything on the net or in the tv guides saying it will be on 9?

I've only seen ads for it on Fox Sports.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Batsman hails Dhoni's appointment as captain

'Twenty20 opportunity important for comeback' - Sehwag
August 29, 2007

Virender Sehwag, ignored for India's ongoing tour of England, says the Twenty20 format will suit his aggressive batting style and hopes a good performance in the World Championship will pave his comeback into the Indian team.

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/twenty20wc/content/story/308863.html

This is good. Everytime we hear from Sehwag, he is working on his game, eyeing a comeback. Noone can accuse him of not being hungry for international cricket.

I hope he earns a Test recall, I was very against him ever getting dropped for tests, but the twenty20 format should be where he thrives and his quick 30s and 40s will be crucial as will his tight off spin.

.Mob

International Coach
Oh my god, I would just love it he got back into the ODI form he had back in 2001, he was just class.

irottev

School Cricketer
Big blow for Sri Lanka.

Murili is out!!!

I was looking forward to a few batsmen smacking him out of the park too.

BigHef

School Cricketer
News out of Sri Lanka today that Muttiah Muralitharan has an elbow injury and will miss the 20/20 World Cup - a major blow for the Sri Lankans.

Full article here - http://cricketnewsman.com/murali-out-of-the-2020-world-cup

Going to be a big blow for the Sri Lankans this - Murali has some wonderful bowling performances in Twenty20 cricket.

Looks like they want him right for the ODIs that follow

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
I will glued to the screen of Sky Sports, watching the Kiwis and the English. Going to be good seeing Shane Bond rip apart the Lankans.

irottev

School Cricketer
I'd say he will defiantly be picked. I like Clarke. I don't see why someone would hate him. He doesn;t seem cocky or arrogant or like a bad guy.

Users who are viewing this thread