2008 Rugby League World Cup

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well the poor other sides are probably coming up against Australia's best ever side. There just isn't any chinks in the side, from 1 to 17 the players look dangerous.

Exactly. Inglis is just too big too strong, nearly unfair really. But the alarming thing is, he's not the only one like that in our team.

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
Fair play to the Irish. I didn't call it, but it was a superb defensive effort from them. Their kicking from hadn was great as well; caused all sorts of panic in the Samoan defence.

shefellover93

Club Cricketer
Fair play to the Irish. I didn't call it, but it was a superb defensive effort from them. Their kicking from hadn was great as well; caused all sorts of panic in the Samoan defence.

So sad I didn't get to see this. Quarter final against Fiji!!!

Pity we already know who's gonna win it though

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Samoa and Fiji both suffer losses after causing upsets in their first round of matches. It's a shame as both teams looked good but I think that short turn around killed them. And I'm guessing it will continue to as I guess they play in the weekend rather than next Wed.

Congrats to Campease carrying on the Campo tradition in National colours. Can't wait to see him in action and hes got a star halfback next to him.

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
Phrased that wrong, I didn't mean the match. It's a pity we already know who's going to win the WC

Ah, fair play. Yes, quite right. They're ahead of the oppo to an embarrassing degree.

Anyone playing the Daily Telegraph Fantasy comp? I'm 9th overall :)

Fair effort. :clap

But no, I've entered both the Sportal comps tho. There's one with a salary cap & one where you're limited to two players per nation. Not doing overly flash in either. :(:D

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The DT one is pretty similar to the NRL one I did early this season so I knew who was performing.
Never knew sportal was doing it, I wouldn't have minded that.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
haha, I turn on the tele to see 34-20 after 77 minutes. I'm like wtf how the hell did that happen. I guess the Kiwis lifted and we took it for granted.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Speechless. Had a feeling all the cockiness would come back to cost us in the end. Congrats to the Kiwis knew they would lift against us, they defined peaking at the right moment.

Ayub 95

Club Cricketer
Well played NZ felt in the first half Australia would win quite easily but credit to NZ they turned it on

CortezTheKiller

Club Cricketer
Ha, wow. Did not see that coming, but fair play to NZ on their first ever title. :clap

Obviously choking in world cups is only an All-Black thing. :D

Users who are viewing this thread