Story 2008 Twenty20 Champions League - Yuvi Definately Off To CSK, Mumbai get a lifeline!

Who will you support in the Champions League

• Chennai Super Kings

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Rajasthan Royals

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yorkshire Carnegie

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Essex Eagles

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Trinidad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Guyana

• Mumbai Champs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lahore Badshads

• Total voters

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
2008 Twenty20 Champions League

The Format

*Eight teams, with 2 teams representing each league!

*The leagues involved are: DLF Indian Premier League, England's Twenty20 Cup, Stanford 20/20 league in the West Indies and the unsanctioned Indian Cricket League!

*Knockout competition with rounds yet to be drawn!

*Teams confirmed are! Yorkshire Carnegie, Essex Eagles, Trinidad, Rajasthan Royals, Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Champs and Guyana! The ICL have yet to have comfirmed there second choice, however it has been widely rumoured that the Lahore Badshads will join the Champions League as the second ICL team.

Sky Sports have the exclusive television rights which are worth up to ?75 Million in their two year contract!

It is widely been rumoured that the Coca-Cola company will be sponsoring the tournament in a five year deal worth up to ?155 pounds!

*The free-hit rule will not apply in matches!

*The draw will commence tomorrow!

*Who will you support?

saladguy added 31 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

With the competition being a knockout if you lose there is no second chances! the first round has been drawn and these eight teams will soon become just four! So here they are

1st Round Draw

1) Trinidad Vs Chennai Super Kings
2) Mumbai Champs Vs Essex Eagles
3) Yorkshire Carnegie Vs Lahore Badshads
4) Guyana Vs Rajasthan Royals

The 2008 Champions League final is to be held at Sharjah! :D

-------------------------

Just some thanks to all the people who are supporting this story.
Another thanks to all of the C07 patch makers with a special thanks to PranavPathak for making the Lahore Badshads kit! :D

Last edited:

saladguy

Well I need to fix my game so the story should be running in a week or so! :D

lightbulb

Club Cricketer
Good, escept that Yorkshire and Essex stand no chance of reaching the CL. You should have teams such as Kent, Lancashire or Durham.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Yorkshire will be the underdogs in this tourney. I think he chose them because he supports Yorkshire.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Only Essex, Middlesex and Somerset are eligible for the Champions League anyway. ;)

saladguy

Right guys, everything seems to be going smoothly! Pranav has agreed to make the Lahore Badshads kit so everything seems to be back on track! Is there any Mumbai Champs fans out there? If so can you please list about 15 or so players in their squad? It would be a real help as I have to make the roster.
:)

saladguy

((!! Latest News !!))

LATEST NEWS!

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL TO BE HELD AT SHARJAH!

The ICC have confirmed that the Champions League final will be held at Sharjah. The Dubai stadium promises to produce a wonderful game of cricket with some big-hitting action. The final will start at 7.45 GMT.

-------------------------------------

YURVAJ OFF TO CHENNAI?

Reports all around the world claim that Punjab's Yuvraj Singh could become the first ever signing of the IPL! Rumours are now circulating that Punjab's big-hitting captain will be on his way to Chennai Super Kings for a reported $3.5 Million! Yuvraj will be a real asset to Chennai in the upcoming Champions League. If Yuvraj was to move then he will probably make his debut against the Stanford 20/20 side Trinidad! Yuvraj has commented "I would love to play in the Champions League, however if Kings XI do not make it there either next season or the season after that I will have to consider my future. If an offer came along now, then I would seriously consider it...."

RASHID: CARNEGIE WILL GO ALL THE WAY!

Yorkshire spinner Adil Rashid has come out fighting and dismissing reports that Yorkshire Carnegie are not good enough to win the Champions League. He has said "We have a hugely talented squad and we are ready to win. People are righting us off as they think that we are not good enough to beat the Badshads. We will beat the Badshads and we will go all the way to Dubai, and win the final the final at Sharjah!"

BADSHADS ANNOUNCE NEW KIT

The Lahore Badshads have announced that they will wear a special kit to symbolize their first ever Champions League appearance. There kit is to be revealed in the next couple of days. The Badshads are a unique team as all of the players in there squad are Pakistani.

ESSEX APPOINT HUSSAIN AS PERFORMANCE COACH

Essex Eagles have appointed Nasser Hussain as their performance coach for the tournament. The former England and Essex captain and current Sky Sports commentator was quoted "I am glad to be involved in the Essex coaching set up. I know the club inside-out and I can't wait to work with there squad and especially top international cricketers such as Alastair Cook."

More news to follow with just days until the Champions League gets underway!

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Hyderabad Heros won ICL and Mumbai Champs finished last. :eek:

Also Yuvraj should stay at Kings XI.

Best of Luck with story.

saladguy

Thanks for the support, c'mon Yorkshire!

saladguy added 13 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

YUVRAJ: I WILL REFUSE TO PLAY

Yuvraj Singh has hit out at Kings XI Punjab after they release a statement saying: "Yuvraj Singh is our captain and he is a most valid member in the Kings XI squad. Yuvraj is contracted to Kings XI and if Chennai approach us then we will simply turn away. If Yuvraj defies the board and disobeys his contract then we will have to take legal action." Yurvaj had this to stay "I don't care if they sue me, they can sue me as much as they like. If I want to go I will go and if they stop me I will just refuse to play." Chennai Super Kings have still yet to comment on the Yuvraj situation.

What are your views? Should Yuvraj go to Chennai? And if so what will he bring to Chennai's Squad and to their chances of winning the Champions League?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread