2010 Champions League Twenty20 takes form

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is good to see so many new teams in CLT20 which were not there last year.:)

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Must be the added desperation after seeing the Blues take home the cheque last year.

Only two of last year's teams are competing so far.

IanG

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Well just 3 teams to be decided now. The 2 from England and the 1 from the West Indies. Also we have a situation where Ross Taylor is eligible for 3 of the teams. RCB, Victoria and his home team of Central Districts (Stags).

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
He's also playing for Durham isn't he? So if they win...

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Taylor definitely won't be playing for Victoria, most likely the Stags as we need them as strong as possible.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
No Pakistan teams, I guess I will have to give this a skip aswell...Like I did to the IPL, and last year CLT20

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
^Didn't the IPL teams only get a 3rd because of Pakistan's pull out? Originally it was only going to be 2 IPL teams I'm pretty sure and the 3rd was for the Pakistan champs.

yeah, but you kinda think maybe the BCCI were a bit too pleased with that solution and they might keep it in place. They should be there, especially if it's in south africa.

it should be two teams, and they can do it like the champions league football, if australia wants NSW as defending champs they can just make it the winners of the big bash and them.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Agree with stinky. The tournament is in South Africa so there is no reason why a team from Pakistan shouldn't participate.

War

Chairman of Selectors
It pretty unfair i think that NSW wont get to defend their title. But although i like this tournament idea far more than the IPL, it aint structured properly at all.

Perfectly i suggest two teams from each nation should be involved. With the defending champions definately getting a chance to defend their title - even if they dont do well in their countries domestic competition.

P

pcfan123

Agree with stinky. The tournament is in South Africa so there is no reason why a team from Pakistan shouldn't participate.

Which is why ICC should organize and run the CL and not the BCCI. So we don't have to deal with India Pakistans bullshit that no one cares about.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Which is why ICC should organize and run the CL and not the BCCI. So we don't have to deal with India Pakistans bullshit that no one cares about.

That would be perfect. But unfortunately & disgracefully to this wonderful sport of cricket - the ICC is not an independent governing body. The BCCI is the default leader in world cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread