2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I assume these tickets were reserved for the state association members and other people of ‘importance’, that’s what I saw on r/cricket.

I agree on the sentiment. The official attendance was close to 32k. That isn’t a full crowd and they shouldn’t be keeping tickets in ‘reserve’. The fact that they’ve suddenly found 14k tickets for the India Pakistan game says all that is needed to be said on this shambolic organisation.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
You’re just being bitter about this because you have a hatred of the bloke. Especially if you’re bringing in Doull of all people to pile on him.

Nope! Do read through my posts- I appreciate his game saving innings. He stood tall with Kohli and did a marvelous job. What doesn't go down well with me is his final reaction. Any other cricketer in his place wouldn't have had that weird sad expression screaming "What have I done?" Kohli, Sharma would have simply tried to finish off the game.

KLR sympathizers stating that he was trying to hit a 4 and a 6 cause it would hike up the NRR- truth be told, VK and KLR should have attempted to up the ante after they'd settled in(i.e. after 150 partnership). So,I really don't buy this part.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Not KLR hater, I completely agree with @icyman

Gem of an innings, but with that attitude :facepalm

Bevab

Staff Member
Nope! Do read through my posts- I appreciate his game saving innings. He stood tall with Kohli and did a marvelous job. What doesn't go down well with me is his final reaction. Any other cricketer in his place wouldn't have had that weird sad expression screaming "What have I done?" Kohli, Sharma would have simply tried to finish off the game.

KLR sympathizers stating that he was trying to hit a 4 and a 6 cause it would hike up the NRR- truth be told, VK and KLR should have attempted to up the ante after they'd settled in(i.e. after 150 partnership). So,I really don't buy this part.

The fact that you’re still finding a way to be critical of him after this performance does suggest an element of bias, wouldn’t you say?

The reaction to his own reaction is being utterly overblown. We’ve had Kohli slow down run chases for other players to get their milestones in the past, we’ve had Hardik ask Tilak to not be aggressive for his fifty then slog risking his wicket. The coach is someone who caught flak for denying Sachin his double hundred famously. Things like this happen in sport at the spur of the moment. Doubt KL cares today and I doubt the team cares either.

Not KLR hater, I completely agree with @icyman

Gem of an innings, but with that attitude :facepalm

Mate come on, I can think of Ronaldo doing things that were much worse for the optics. :D

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
The fact that you’re still finding a way to be critical of him after this performance does suggest an element of bias, wouldn’t you say?

The reaction to his own reaction is being utterly overblown. We’ve had Kohli slow down run chases for other players to get their milestones in the past, we’ve had Hardik ask Tilak to not be aggressive for his fifty then slog risking his wicket. The coach is someone who caught flak for denying Sachin his double hundred famously. Things like this happen in sport at the spur of the moment. Doubt KL cares today and I doubt the team cares either.

Mate come on, I can think of Ronaldo doing things that were much worse for the optics. :D
Mate, please stop comparing Ferrari with Nano ;)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well, moving on- let's get to another controversial topic here-Dharamsala outfield.

Will matches be shifted out of Dharamsala? Guess it has escaped sanctions on account of it being the home venue of the ex-Broad President./current Union Minister?

Bevab

Staff Member
Mate, please stop comparing Ferrari with Nano ;)

Fair enough. :laughter:
Post automatically merged:

Well, moving on- let's get to another controversial topic here-Dharamsala outfield.

Will matches be shifted out of Dharamsala? Guess it has escaped sanctions on account of it being the home venue of the ex-Broad President./current Union Minister?

Yeah that outfield was abysmal. Poses a huge injury risk to anyone playing.

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Doing things at the heat of the moment is totally agreed, but crying in post match interview again for personal achievement is :abuse:, again I am saying classy knock, but with that kinda mentality, I doubt will it help us in winning championship.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
KLR should never open in ODIs. He somehow seems to be very effective when not doing that. It was an amusing end to the match nonetheless.

Gutted to see VK miss out on a century. Hope he maintains it throughout the WC.

When India were 2-3, I was near certain that we would end up around 120. So kudos to that match winning partnership. Kuldeep's form is also very encouraging. And where was this Jadeja hiding all these months? His wicket of Smith was pure orgasm.

B

Bigby Wolf

View attachment 284782

For all the talk about Kohli being amazing in chases, I dont think most people still realise the scale of it. Those numbers are just absurd, in 20 years time people will look back and wonder how it was even possible honestly

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Yeah can you believe his average in that stat was lowered after yesterday lol.

Also, its refreshing to see that all teams in the WC can stand on their own feet, I would 100% support more teams but because the lower ranked teams like Netherlands, SL, Bang etc all are in good form lately it makes for great viewing

Bevab

Staff Member
KLR should never open in ODIs. He somehow seems to be very effective when not doing that. It was an amusing end to the match nonetheless.

Gutted to see VK miss out on a century. Hope he maintains it throughout the WC.

When India were 2-3, I was near certain that we would end up around 120. So kudos to that match winning partnership. Kuldeep's form is also very encouraging. And where was this Jadeja hiding all these months? His wicket of Smith was pure orgasm.

Rahul’s not been seen as an opener for a long time. Thought that was made even clearer when they opted to bat Sundar in the dead rubber last month over him.

Users who are viewing this thread