2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ravi Shastri sounding 200% cringe when he speaks laurels of Shami. I am really getting irked by his 'good statements' about Shami and many other Indian players. It is , as if, there was a different person helming the Indian team during 2015-2022.

Manjrekar sounds much better as an analyst over the other Indians in the comm box.

Not the first time he’s conveniently forgotten the way his management of the side was during his tenure while making comments publicly.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Ravi Shastri sounding 200% cringe when he speaks laurels of Shami. I am really getting irked by his 'good statements' about Shami and many other Indian players. It is , as if, there was a different person helming the Indian team during 2015-2022.

Manjrekar sounds much better as an analyst over the other Indians in the comm box.

It's almost as if he forgot that Virat and him chose to exclude Shami from the lineup for the 2019 World Cup Semi-Finals against New Zealand, especially when the pitch appeared to be the most favourable for him compared to any other Indian bowlers in that squad.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Shreyas will continue, I feel. Replacement in SKY/Ishan isn't ideal. Maybe , he will get a chance until the game vs SA to prove himself.

As for Siraj, I'd go with Shardul anyday seeing as he adds to the batting a bit. Bumrah-Shami with the new ball is a deadlier combo than any other. Add Shardul, Hardik, Jaddu, Ash/Kuldeep you get 6 bowling options with adequate batting depth as well.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I have a feeling that the ICC CT won't go ahead in 2025. They will probably scrap the event and force the PCB into accepting a WT20/ U19 CWC or WTC Final hosting rights, which they will do without any further questions.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I have a feeling that the ICC CT won't go ahead in 2025. They will probably scrap the event and force the PCB into accepting a WT20/ U19 CWC or WTC Final hosting rights, which they will do without any further questions.
Won't scrap, will relocate. Can't risk India revenue

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Won't scrap, will relocate. Can't risk India revenue
This will become even more true if India wins the world cup. They will market the heck out of ODI’s.

Unfortunately if India wins the world cup, the format will stay and wont go anywhere.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Was watching Wisden podcast the other day and someone said that Jason Roy had been dropped because he was one of the few players to play often enough to judge that he was out of form (despite his record being fairly consistent with his overall record). At least four players in the top seven with no long term form to suggest they warranted their place + plus Harry Brook who has done nothing of note in ODIs and Livingstone who had only played about 13 innings.
With the benefit of pure, unbridled hindsight, what would your England XI be coming into this World Cup?

Fwiw, my hindsight XI:
1. :eng: :bat: Jason Roy
2. :eng: :ar: Will Jacks
3. :eng: :bat: Dawid Malan
4. :eng: :wkb: Ben Duckett
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
6. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
7. :eng: :ar: Jamie Overton
8. :eng: :ar: David Willey
9. :eng: :bwl: Adil Rashid
10. :eng: :bwl: Mark Wood
11. :eng: :bwl: Reece Topley

It's also underappreciated how much England shat the bed as soon as they lost Reece Topley

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
With the benefit of pure, unbridled hindsight, what would your England XI be coming into this World Cup?

Fwiw, my hindsight XI:
1. :eng: :bat: Jason Roy
2. :eng: :ar: Will Jacks
3. :eng: :bat: Dawid Malan
4. :eng: :wkb: Ben Duckett
5. :eng: :bat: Harry Brook
6. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
7. :eng: :ar: Jamie Overton
8. :eng: :ar: David Willey
9. :eng: :bwl: Adil Rashid
10. :eng: :bwl: Mark Wood
11. :eng: :bwl: Reece Topley

It's also underappreciated how much England shat the bed as soon as they lost Reece Topley
I think the Ben Stokes thing messed up their thinking. Malan at four, whilst a little defensive, could well have been the choice I'd have made. I'd have had no problem sticking with Roy. I can't say I would have left out Bairstow or Root either.

The only guys I might have picked would've been Phil Salt and I would've looked at Will Jacks as a number seven. Duckett would've been a good shout too, particularly given how well he played in Pakistan.

Carse would've been the other, not because of his record, but he looks the part as a middle overs bowler and can bat a bit.

I'm guessing Overton's fitness might've been a reason they didn't give him a shot at the end of the summer cause he looked like a bolter to try out in the T20 series against NZ after the way he batted in The Hundred.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This will become even more true if India wins the world cup. They will market the heck out of ODI’s.

Unfortunately if India wins the world cup, the format will stay and wont go anywhere.
In that case
CHAK DE INDIAAAAAA

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Relocation to England. England qualify as the ninth team. Another masterful gambit from Say Jhah.
Does UAE qualify if the matches move to UAE? They should revolt if they dont!

Users who are viewing this thread