22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Introduction

Hello cricket fans. Welcome to the 3D Cricket Simulation and management game 22 Yards – The Battleground. A project born out of enthusiasm and quest for a thirst quenching cricket game. This thread is still being updated so check out for periodic updates. For a more vibrant discussion you can also visit the offiicial website www.22yards.co.cc

We are looking for cricket fans and peoples who want to make this happen quicker. If you are interested and want to contribute, you can post here.

Lets make this happen

What is this game about?

If you will dream than it will really come true one day because they really matter. This will be proved by the new first ever open source Cricket game, 22 Yards – The Battleground. This game will be developed by the cricket gamers who really feels that “Dreams really matter”. This game is a presentation of newest cricket video gaming forum, CricketGaming.net. This game will make you feel that how a local street cricketer dreams to become an International Cricketer emerges as an International Cricketer. This game is currently under development and looking for support from the gamers. You can be a part of this game by helping us.

Some Exclusive Eye Candies

Official Logo:

logomv.png

Team:

das_vicky - Project Manager/Lead Programmer
Hitterman - Programming Helper, Community Manager, Modeller
appu2146, omkarjere, Tanmay - 3D Modeller

If you are interested in helping us, please post in this thread or send your email at anand[at]cricketgaming[dot]net

Please keep supporting this project :)

Last edited:

Tanmay

Club Captain
For modelling i'm ready.Hitty if you are interested then contact me.

and oh Good Luck mate:)

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
First off all great news.

Mate i am interested.
(I can do 3d models and Photoshop works)

Please PM me you need anything.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
are you willing to make your game open source? If yes, then i would like to port your already written code (after optimization) to an open source cricket game.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hitterman

International Coach
Already dealt with Gourav via PM.

The theme of this game is not actually streets. It's a game which is influenced by the people of India playing casual cricket in parks, streets, small grounds and other places.

As far about Models, Tanmay and Appu you are welcomed. I have seen your work for TAOC. However, I have completed some models like Bat, balls, player.

Since Gourav will be leading this project with me as he is really an experienced programmer, I am sure we'll be able to produce some bombs.

Please Keep supporting us :).

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Hello,

Though this specfic thing should have been posted by Hitterman, but since he is offline, I am some details on which I am starting to work.

Since this game is a 2D management +3D simulation, I am starting to work on the 2D part first. I am looking for someone to sketch 9a rough sketch) the interfaces, right from the beginning of the game covering all nook and corner of the game, so that I can start building on that.

If someone is willing to work on this, you can email me directly @ [email protected]. What I am looking for is how the first screen should look like. What should be the options on first page...how should the page look like when we click on Button 1 (button 1 can be anything, lets say new game).

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
Thanks Hitty for accepting me.
As das_vicky said we should have a story board that what are the feature we are going to include. So that we may have a clear idea of what we need to do.

Hitterman

International Coach
Well, I am currently designing the website and it will be up within 2 days. It will also have a forum so we can discuss all there.

Currently we need the following:
3D Artist
Textures Designers

If you are interested, please contact me directly at . Since I'll be dealing with recruitment you can contact me.

Apart from these, I was playing with models and here are some models:

Here is the bat model:
modelbat.jpg

Here is the pitch model that will be used for parks etc. This is made by one of the contributors of this project.

modld.jpg

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Change the pitch. It looks brilliant, but gully cricket should look different. Should be a smaller pitch, and an imperfect outfield which isn't a prefect sphere but a large area with walls and a road in front and stuff. Also, the stumps should be things like bricks or traffic cones or a pair of sandals...

Hitterman

International Coach
Actually this pitch is for the matches in district level. This pitch will be used in the small grounds. I have uploaded the complete details about the game in the new website which is under construction.

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Thanks Hitty for accepting me.
As das_vicky said we should have a story board that what are the feature we are going to include. So that we may have a clear idea of what we need to do.

Actually i want to get started with the screen where you would have the 2D view of game being played..so can you design that screen for me. It has to be as detailed as possible.

based on that design , we will then ask people to start developing Textures, backgrounds, buttons etc..

das_vicky

International Cricketer
On the contrary I would urge to post questions here, in that way it will be easier and better for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread