22 Yards - The Battleground (PC/XBOX 360) - Some Eye Candies in the Thread

So far, what do you feel about this game?

• Total voters

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
What appu made is really an excellent work. I hope I'll have the files soon so that I can see how it look in the game.

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
file sent

hi mate,
i have sent you the file in .3ds format. my net connection was not connecting properly so i can't stay online for long time. looking forward for the in-game screens. but the texture i use in not perfect and the model is also just an imaginary one so will update it soon.

regards
pradeep.

Tanmay

Club Captain
One good news from my side(no pun guys:p),i tried making some street cricket ground,probably ended good enough just texturing is needed which i will do tomorrow as i have just installed a fresh copy Win7,so Photoshop isn't installed.Will post some screenies later.Till then KUTGW :thumbs

das_vicky

International Cricketer
Just got home....some terrific work...went through the features list...will make a draft of what features we can think of till now and then we will start on Storyline and UI design...

Hitterman

International Coach
hi mate,
i have sent you the file in .3ds format. my net connection was not connecting properly so i can't stay online for long time. looking forward for the in-game screens. but the texture i use in not perfect and the model is also just an imaginary one so will update it soon.

regards
pradeep.
Well It's looking great. I'll make some adjustments in the surroundings of this model so that it will look more realistic.

One good news from my side(no pun guys),i tried making some street cricket ground,probably ended good enough just texturing is needed which i will do tomorrow as i have just installed a fresh copy Win7,so Photoshop isn't installed.Will post some screenies later.Till then KUTGW
No worries dude.

I will be posting a preview of the Internation Stadium tonight so stay tuned ;)
Just got home....some terrific work...went through the features list...will make a draft of what features we can think of till now and then we will start on Storyline and UI design...
That's great. BTW, In the 2D Career Mode, I was thinking of background movies and music also ;)

Hitterman

International Coach
You mean this:
wheelie-bin.gif

:p

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
Hi mate,

I have already posted this in your site. Thought of posting it here so that i can know what other also think about it.

i don't know anything about programming consider this as a doubt why can't the career mode be in a 3d where we actually play instead of 2D management.

Just a suggestion : The career mode is easy if you do it basically(sorry if i am wrong).
i thought to myself if challenge mode can be made in a game then its same as career.

Consider this we start of with a demo of a small boy of cricketing dreams and then we allow the user to select the type (bowler/batsman/all-rounder) or simply leave him as a batsman (because most of them only bat). Then consider giving him a challenge (i.e. score "this many" runs without getting out) in a street cricket match. Some more matches he grows-up to district level the challenge gets tougher were he has to save the match or something like grab the Man of the match etc.. till he gets selected in the international team the story continues. we include some demo here and there to make the story interesting. eg: getting a call that he got selected in state team etc..
I think this career mode is more than enough to satisfy the cricket gamers. where there is no cricket game made with career mode.

sorry the post is somewhat long and if i am wrong in any aspects.

regards
pradeep.

Hitterman

International Coach
Well, there will be a Career Mode in which you play from the starting, winning street matches and then emerging as an international cricketer slowly. Your performance and skills will be displayed in your achievements.

Now in the challenge mode, there will be challenges like hit 4 sixes to help your street team to win the match and something like this.

There will be some unlockables too and age factor too. That means if you are older than 30 years than your skills might have some changes.

There are numerous features which you have never seen in any cricket game hence this is a very big cricket project. The good thing is that we are really going well. Das has already made 3-4 drafts and we are working on it.

The 2D and 3D engines will be linked to each other. However, I don't think so there is a need of commentary because it's not an International Cricket game. Have you seen any commentators like Harsha Bhogle coming to the streets?:laugh

blake

School Cricketer
Wow.. looks like you're biting off a fair bit here. I thought this was just going to be management at first, but you're going to attempt all those physics, shots, run-outs, AI and everything in this, a full game where you control the player?

Looks interesting..

Hitterman

International Coach
Wow.. looks like you're biting off a fair bit here. I thought this was just going to be management at first, but you're going to attempt all those physics, shots, run-outs, AI and everything in this, a full game where you control the player?
Well yes. There will be a complete 2D engine which will be programmed in XNA/C# and the 3D engine also.

We are looking for contributors so everyone is welcomed. Just post in this thread or fire your mail at anand[at]cricketgaming.net

Anyone here knows animation in 3D Studio? I need someone who can work with me because we need too many animations. Please contact me.

Last edited:

appu2146

Associate Cricketer
hi guys,

Just thought of my small age when i am in apartment there are many friends available to played cricket. So designed this ground.

Attachments

• preview1.jpg
    preview1.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 92
  • preview2.jpg
    preview2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 101
  • preview3.jpg
    preview3.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 86
  • preview4.jpg
    preview4.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 30
  • preview5.jpg
    preview5.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 88

Hitterman

International Coach
I can't imagine anything better than this. You're really a talented modeller. You can send me this model too :).I am currently adding all the scenes completed in the engine.

Thats really awesome work dude :)
:banana2

Hitterman added 12 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Guys, if you want to contribute us by modelling, you can view these pictures which shows what type of models we need:

gallicricket313.jpg

no94inset-758629.jpg

satellite_streets.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread