25 Players to look out for

Jeffwilson

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do you mean by look out for? To be honest most of the names of list have already made big names for themselves eg: Steyn and Gambhir.

chappers

School Cricketer
I haven't read through the thread, but Steve Exelby and Jason Floros of Queensland are about 20 and look the real deal. In England, I'd say Chris Woakes and James Taylor, probably Ben Stokes, too. However, none of these will make their WC squads this year.

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How come Watson is in the list??:eek: He' 29 and half...
Doherthy or Warner would have been a better choice.

And for India, Pujara and Vijay makes more sense than Karthik...

I guess age doesn't matter as you have chosen Gambhir too, who's 29 +

AngryPixel added 3 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

What do you mean by look out for? To be honest most of the names of list have already made big names for themselves eg: Steyn and Gambhir.

Seconded.

When i read the thread, i thought i would get a list of promising youngsters who i should watch out in coming years... But a lot of players in the list have already proven themselves.

For India, i can suggest:

Murali Vijay
Pujara
A Rahane
Saurabh Tiwary

Australia
Callum Ferguson
Doherthy
Warner

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Definitely a pair to keep an eye on.

:rtfl

While we're at it, why don't we throw Wahab Riaz and Umar Amin in there. They're certainly very promising talents (for the bookies).

stefan

International Coach
Yeah but Swann is at the peak of his career atm so he is one to watch out for and regarding tahir SA don't really have a genuine spinner in the team so tahir would be and excellent pick if they do select him.

He has to qualify before we can pick him. Not even tahir himself knows when he is actually eligible. He thinks December but he isn't sure.

As far as the list goes:

SA: Ingram, Miller and parnell.

Would add Rillee Rossouw but he probably doesn't have a chance for this wc. Let himself down in last seasons domestic odi tournament through trying to be too arrogant. Had he made runs like ingram and miller he would probably be in the squad now.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cheteshwar Pujara deserves to be in the list. Surprised you didn't add him up!

stefan

International Coach
Is Parnell still above Tsotsobe in the pecking order?

Difficult to say. Parnell is coming back after being out for quite some time with groin injury while Lopsy has had a great series vs pakistan. Till everyone is fit we won't know who is first choice.

Both should be in the wc squad as should theron. If everything is done correctly langeveld should be the one missing out.

Users who are viewing this thread