3Mobile - Old Generation League | Champions ???

coolash1

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Eng Australia present I can be ea ragav's co

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I do not want to be a spoilsport here but I think the better way to allocate the teams is to group them according to the their strengths and weaknesses. Eng+Australia without a doubt will be the team to beat with a history of over 100 years while Sri Lanka and NZ, two of the comparatively less formidable nations than others will be thrashed by one and all. I suggest you to make group them with one of England and Australia.

EngLanka or Australand would be a better teams than New Lanka in my opinion.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Eng+Australia without a doubt will be the team to beat with a history of over 100 years while Sri Lanka and NZ, two of the comparatively less formidable nations than others will be thrashed by one and all. I suggest you to make group them with one of England and Australia.

Whoa, not so quick. I reckon it'll be good to do something similar and disband WI-SA too. The best ever bowling attack combined with the best ever all-round side, are you freaking kidding me? That's the team that'll roll over everyone and I'm saying this because I think I know beforehand what the ratings here will eventually be like.

This doesn't make any sense to me in any case. It's more like a contest of the worst team name you can come up with. Why not simply replace every team here with continental sides?

Asia (Ind + Pak + SL + Ban etc), Europe (Eng + few other European associates), Africa (SA + Zim/Rhodesia), Oceania (Aus + NZ) & America (WI + Mighty 1890s-1900s Philadelphians). That would make perfect sense.

Don't be quick to judge Europe as weak because England do have an extremely long list of legends over the years. Africa includes South Africa who have had all-round legends, batting geniuses & lethal fasties in every known decade I can think of and the old Rhodesians are by no means weak. Do I even need to say anything about the great West Indies team that has everything and could be more than ably backed up by the likes of Bart King, John Lester, George Patterson & Percy Clark from the mighty 1890s-1900s Philadelphian side? And it'll be good to see teams from the subcontinent put aside their differences and play under one banner like they probably would have if it weren't for the British.

That should also level things up a great deal and prevent mismatches from occuring. What say?

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
I love the way you put WI + Mighty 1890s-1900s Philadelphians but yes I am fine by disbanding WI's association with SA. In fact, I am more than happy to manage WI alone. I like your idea of going with continents but I think it is a bit too late now that the teams have started getting picked. That said, I would not mind picking up some other team.

My idea was to equalize the teams. Eng-Aus and WI-SA would sure make life incredibly difficult for the other teams. Then again, when you look at the current and future teams' setup, WI do seem to be wanting the skills of SA players.

Let us leave it on the league manager to decide now that we have put forward our thoughts.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Then again, when you look at the current and future teams' setup, WI do seem to be wanting the skills of SA players.

Having one weak team is still better than having three/four disadvantaged ones. Also, their chickens will have come home to roost for ruthlessly dominating other teams. They'll in any case hover over everyone else even if the manager decides to make this continental as I suggested and one rates them realistically.

Nobody can face the likes of Joel Garner, Holding, Marshall, Roberts plus America's Bart King (probably on level with Barnes & Spofforth as a demonic wicket-taking machine) and survive to tell the tale.

Samuels

WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
Having one weak team is still better than having three/four disadvantaged ones. Also, their chickens will have come home to roost for ruthlessly dominating other teams. They'll in any case hover over everyone else even if the manager decides to make this continental as I suggested and one rates them realistically.

Nobody can face the likes of Joel Garner, Holding, Marshall, Roberts plus America's Bart King (probably on level with Barnes & Spofforth as a demonic wicket-taking machine) and survive to tell the tale.

I get your point but I am not not at all talking about the oldies. Say Lankans and NZ go with Eng and Aus to strike balance, then which is the other team left? India or Pakistan? Surely Pakistan+SA bowling is something you would not want to face. On the other hand, if these team do collaborate, I would love to see what the present era's manager comes up with. :D

TSPrathik

#titanup
SRH...
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
By seeing the above discussion. I have come to a conclusion which will be favourable to both @VC the slogger & @Samuels...
As you wish...removing the combined concept and placing only single continent that means there will be 18 teams and future teams are sacked....managers of future teams can pick other teams

Teams
Old teams are only for old managers and present teams are for any manager old or new

Old West Indies - Samuels
Old Australia - VC the Slogger
Old India - @Prithvi
Old England - @Dipak
Old Pakistan -
Old Sri Lanka -
Old New Zealand -
Old South Africa -
Other legends - players from small countries

The same thing applies for present....I'm on phone so tagging all the managers is impossible

Users who are viewing this thread