Story The Champions are Here. [**Warriors- Road to CLT20**]

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
m74yev.jpg

The Airtel Champions League is a tournament where the winners and runners from several domestic T20 competitions compete for the title "Champion of Champions". The tournament was scheduled to start in 2008. But due to terror attacks, 2008 edition of Champions League was called off. In 2009, the tournament finally started, with few ups and downs, the tournament was successfully finished. Trinidad and Tobago, who were unbeaten in the total tournament had to accept the first and last defeat in the tournament, which made New South Wales Blues lift the title. Some players like Kieron Pollard, Steven Smith, Doug Bollinger, Rilee Rossouw came into limelight with few of their innings', which shocked the world. Some epic victories like the one which Trinidad & Tobago had against NSW in the Super 8 stage made the tournament exciting. In the final match, Aussie Speedster Brett Lee played a T20 innings of his life time, which changed the course of the match. He later was named the Player of the Tournament for being the bowler, who had a dream run in terms of both economy and wickets.

31328up.jpg

This year, the tournament has been scheduled in South Africa, the perfect place for any sport. The recent success of FIFA World Cup in South Africa confirmed that this tournament gonna be a massive hit. This time, the English Domestic teams have pulled out of Champions League due to the tournament's clash with their domestic season. Only 10 teams will be playing, which have been divided into 2 groups. Initially, there would be a group stage, in which the 5 teams play each other. The top four teams (two from each) will qualify for the Semi Finals, and the ones winning it will qualify for the finals, where the title will be decided.

Teams Qualified for ACL T20:

The 10 teams, which have made it into the Champions League T20 are:

• Auckland Aces
  • Victoria Bushrangers
  • South Australia Redbacks
  • Warriors
  • Highveld Lions
  • Wayamba Elevens
  • Mumbai Indians
  • Chennai Super Kings
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore
  • Guyana

English Teams who have missed out are Hampshire and Somerset.
The official squads, Schedule, Venues will be announced soon.

Story Writer's Section
Friends, please thank this post if you've read at least one update of this story. All kinds of comments are welcome, but sarcasm is not entertained. You can point out my mistakes either by posting here or by PMing me. I've made a CLT20 website layout, but I need to make a new one cause the CLT20 site has changed.
I'll be using bit of Ashes Cricket 2009 for the graphics, although I'll be generating the results using PCCS, made by Sohum.

Index:
Venues for CLT20 Announced
Schedule of CLT20 Announced
Official Squads
Enrique Shouts "I Like It" for CLT20
Central Stags- Road to CLT20
Victoria Bushrangers- Road to CLT20
South Australia Redbacks- Road to CLT20
Chennai Super Kings- Road to CLT20
Mumbai Indians- Road to CLT20
Royal Challengers Bangalore- Road to CLT20
Warriors- Road to CLT20

Credits:
So far..
Sohum for PCCS​
Cheers and Peace,
Binnu.​

Last edited:

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
25khe2p.jpg

Venues of the CLT20 announced.

The venues for the CLT20 2010 have been announced. The Home grounds of the two qualifying teams, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth along with Durban and Centurion have been selected as the 4 venues for the CLT20. Officials said that Durban will be almost home ground for Royal Challengers Bangalore, who have local players like Dale Steyn, Roelof Vander Merwe, who play for Durban's home team "Dolphins". And Durban is a place with more Indians, so as people will be attracted towards big Indian names like Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Kumble, Rahul Dravid, MS Dhoni. Centurion has been given the chance to host the Champions League after seeing the people's interest to watch cricket in IPL 09, Champions Trophy 2009, in which many of the matches had no home team or so.

CLT20 Chairman, Shashank Manohar, said: "South Africa is widely regarded as a top international host nation, having successfully hosted most major international cricket events in recent years. The Governing Council is satisfied with the four venues that Cricket South Africa (CSA) have recommended.
"We are excited about the future of CLT20, and call on the South African public to come out and support the second edition of this tournament, which features the best of the best."

76832879-wanderers-492096.jpg

Wanderers, Johannesburg will host both the opening and closing matches.​

CSA CEO, Gerald Majola, said: "CSA is proud to be hosting CLT20 in what is an iconic year for South Africa with the Soccer World Cup currently being hosted here. We are encouraged by the eagerness of the four host venues to make this tournament a success.
CLT20 has already piqued the interest of South African fans, especially with the Lions and Warriors having qualified for this prestigious event. We are confident of hosting a successful CLT20."

Almost all the venues have been equally divided in the terms of no. of matches. Centurion is likely to miss out a game. To make everything equal, officials are planning for a 3/4th place deicder game, which can make the number of games to 24, with every ground getting 6 matches.
313n2u0.jpg

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
25khe2p.jpg

Lions all set take on Mumbai in the opening Encounter.

Johannesburg, 26th August 2010. The Champions League T20 Chairman Shashank Manohar has announced the schedule of the CLT20 South Africa, 2010. The four venues have been announced recently, which include Durban and Centurion along with the home grounds of teams qualified, Johannesburg and Port Elizabeth. The 23 game plan has changed to 24 to accommodate matches evenly to all the grounds. Each stadium will host 6 matches, in which, there would be two double headers.

Schedule:

Groups:

Group A:
Central Stags
Victoria Bushrangers
Wayamba XI's
Chennai Super Kings
Warriors

Group B:
Guyana
Highveld Lions
Mumbai Indians
South Australia Redbacks
Royal Challengers Bangalore

Matches:
Fri Sep 10
1st Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v Lions
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (N)

Sat Sep 11
2nd Match, Group A - Warriors v Wayamba
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth (D/N)

Sat Sep 11
3rd Match, Group A - Central Districts v Chennai Super Kings
Kingsmead, Durban(N)

Sun Sep 12
4th Match, Group B - Lions v South Australia
SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

Sun Sep 12
5th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v Guyana
SuperSport Park, Centurion(N)

Mon Sep 13
6th Match, Group A - Victoria v Warriors
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth (N)

Tue Sep 14
7th Match, Group A - Mumbai Indians v South Australia
Kingsmead, Durban (N)

Wed Sep 15
8th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Victoria
SuperSport Park, Centurion (D/N)

Wed Sep 15
9th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Wayamba
SuperSport Park, Centurion (N)

Thu Sep 16
10th Match, Group B - Guyana v Mumbai Indians
Kingsmead, Durban (N)

Fri Sep 17
11th Match, Group B - Royal Challengers Bangalore v South Australia
Kingsmead, Durban (N)

Sat Sep 18
12th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Warriors

Sat Sep 18
13th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Victoria

Sun Sep 19
14th Match, Group B - Lions v Guyana
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (D/N)

Sun Sep 19
15th Match, Group B - Mumbai Indians v Royal Challengers Bangalore
Kingsmead, Durban (N)

Mon Sep 20
16th Match, Group A - Victoria v Wayamba

Tue Sep 21
17th Match, Group B - South Australia v Guyana

Tue Sep 21
18th Match, Group B - Lions v Royal Challengers Bangalore
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg (N)

Wed Sep 22
19th Match, Group A - Central Districts v Wayamba

Wed Sep 22
20th Match, Group A - Chennai Super Kings v Warriors

Fri Sep 24
1st semi-final - TBC v TBC
Kingsmead, Durban (D/N)

Fri Sep 24
2nd semi-final - TBC v TBC

Sat Sep 25
3/4th Place Play Off - TBC v TBC

Sun Sep 26
Final - TBC v TBC
313n2u0.jpg

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
25khe2p.jpg

Official Squads Announced

The Champions League T20 official squads have been announced. Ross Taylor was the only player, who plays for three teams, which qualified for the Champions league T20. Central Stags had a sponsorship deal with Fly Emirates, which made them retain Ross Taylor, by paying 300,000 USD to Royal Challengers Bangalore. Cameron White was to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore, along with Jacques Kallis. Mumbai Indians retained Dwayne Bravo, but Kieron Pollard was to play for South Australia.

Chennai Super Kings: MS Dhoni*, S Badrinath, M Vijay, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Shadab Jakati, A Srikkanth, L Balaji, Muttiah Muralitharan, Michael Hussey, Doug Bollinger, Thilan Thushara, Albie Morkel, Matthew Hayden, Joginder Sharma.

Warriors: Davy Jacobs, Ashwell Prince, Colin Ingram, Mark Boucher, Johan Botha*, Nicky Boje, Craig Thyssen, Juan Theron, Makhaya Ntini, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Justin Kreusch, Garnett Kruger, Arno Jacobs, Lyall Meyer, Jon Jon Smuts.

Victoria: David Hussey*, Ryan Carters, Aaron Finch, Shane Harwood, John Hastings, Brad Hodge, Andrew McDonald, Bryce McGain, Clint McKay, Glenn Maxwell, Dirk Nannes, James Pattinson, Rob Quiney, Peter Siddle, Matthew Wade.

Wayamba: Jehan Mubarak, Mahela Udawatte, Mahela Jayawardene*, Jeevantha Kulatunga, Kaushal Lokuarachchi, Kushal Janith Perera, Rangana Herath, Chanaka Welegedara, Ajantha Mendis, Farveez Maharoof, Thissara Perera, Damitha Hunukumbura, Shalika Karunanayake, Isuru Udana, Sameera Zoysa.

Central Districts: Ross Taylor, Adam Milne, Bevan Griggs, Brad Patton, Brendon Diamanti, Doug Bracewell, George Worker, Jacob Oram*, Jamie How, Kieran Noema-Barnett, Mathew Sinclair, Michael Mason, Mitchell McClenaghan, Peter Ingram, Seth Rance, Tim Weston.

Mumbai Indians: Shikhar Dhawan, Sachin Tendulkar*, Ambati Rayudu, Saurabh Tiwary, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, R Sathish, Ali Murtaza, Dhawal Kulkarni, Aditya Tare, Dwayne Bravo, JP Duminy, Lasith Malinga, Ryan McLaren, Sanath Jayasuriya.

Royal Challengers Bangalore: Anil Kumble*, Rahul Dravid, Robin Uthappa, Manish Pandey, Praveen Kumar, R Vinay Kumar, Virat Kohli, Cameron White, Dale Steyn, Jacques Kallis, Roelof Vander Merwe, Steven Smith, B Akhil, Abhimanyu Mithun, Sreevats Goswami.

South Australia: Cullen Bailey, Daniel Harris, Graham Manou*, Daniel Christian, Gary Putland, Peter George, Callum Ferguson, Michael Klinger, Jake Haberfield, Tim Ludeman, Shaun Tait, Tom Cooper, Chris Duval, Cameron Borgas, Aaron O'Brien, Kieron Pollard.

Guyana: Ramnaresh Sarwan*, Royston Crandon, Lennox Cush, Travis Dowlin, Sewnarine Chattergoon, Narsingh Deonarine, Jonathan Foo, Derwin Christian, Christopher Barnwell, Esuan Crandon, Devendra Bishoo, Assad Fudadin, Paul Wintz, Steven Jacobs, Richard Ramdeen.

Lions: Alviro Peterson*, Thami Tsolekile, Craig Alexander, Shane Burger, Richard Cameron, Werner Coetsee, Cliffe Deacon, Zander de Bruyn, Robert Frylinck, Neil McKenzie, Ethan O'Rielly, Aaron Phangiso, Jean Symes, Jonathan Vandiar, Vaughn van Jaarsveld.

The CLT20 Chief Shashank Manohar made it clear that this time, only THREE non local players were allowed to take the field in the starting eleven, to make the teams look even.

Kallis spoke out soon after the announcement of squads. He said that he was going to do justice to whatever team he plays, RCB. Ross Taylor was overjoyed to see him representing his domestic side. Sachin Tendulkar said that South Australia are now looking formidable with Pollard in their player list. Now, the line ups will look even closer cause its only 3 overseas players, who can play on field. Anil Kumble wished every team good luck.​
313n2u0.jpg

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I'm not quite sure, why did you stop your previous story.

Basically, I don't have heart in it anymore!
I thought of finishing it before I start (matter of just 4 matches), but till the time I finish it, I'll lose interest in this.

And moreover, I feel its better if I concentrate now immensely on this and get a perfect start, which I din't had.

And I've got confidence that I'll finish this one at any cost:).

Prithvi

India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
m74yev.jpg

Enrique Shouts "I Like It" For Champions league.

Enrique Iglesias, the Spanish Rockstar has signed in a deal with ESPN Star to shout "I Like It" for promoting Champions League T20. ESPN Star, who is current official broadcaster of Champions League has approached Enrique Iglesias. Although A.R. Rehman's CLT20 Theme Song will continue as Champions league T20 Theme song, but "I Like It" will be used to promote the tournament in televisions.

Enrique was requested to perform the "Like It" in the opening ceremony and A.R.Rehman, who composed the Theme song of Champions League, was requested to perform it live on the final match day, for which they both gave green signal. A.R. Rehman's Theme song was composed in such a way that there was no particular language in it, except few pieces of English Raps.

People of South Africa were enthralled to hear this news. Some random fans said that A.R.Rehman was role model for them. Many fans of Enrique shouted "I Like It... I Like It". So, the festive mood is getting bigger and bigger. So why wait, here is a competition for you to win a bit of vCash.

Samsung "Identify The Player" Contest.

Identify the player in the following image and win 10,000 vCash.
2j4342a.jpg
Note:
1) The one answering it correctly first will get the award.
2) The images will not only be blurred, but they even will be morphed with many more techniques.
3) The original photograph will be posted when I declare the result.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread