IPL 51st Match: Chennai Super Kings v Kolkata Knight Riders

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Chennai Super Kings v Kolkata Knight Riders at Centurion

Chennai Super Kings:
1 Parthiv Patel/M Vijay, 2 Matthew Hayden, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 MS Dhoni, 5 S Badrinath, 6 Jacob Oram/George Bailey, 7 Albie Morkel, 8 Sudeep Tyagi, 9 Shadab Jakati, 10 Muttiah Muralitharan, 11 L Balaji.

Kolkata Knight Riders: 1 Brendon McCullum, 2 Sourav Ganguly, 3 Brad Hodge, 4 David Hussey, 5 Wriddhiman Saha, 6 Yashpal Singh, 7 Charl Langeveldt/Mashrafe Mortaza, 8 Murali Kartik, 9 Ajit Agarkar/Ashok Dinda, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Shoaib Shaikh.

Cricinfo preview

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its time to try out Arun Karthik,Ntini/Bailey.My instincts tell me Ntini will play today.Also like Dhoni hinted on the previous match's presentation ceremony,Morkel would play higher up the order.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Kolkata could win this if they don't play Mortaza.:p

Nah they should give him another game, just to see if he is worth that 600,000 they paid for him. Chennai should win though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hayden could really make a big score today against KKR bowling lineup. On the flip side he is also due for a failure after making who knows how many 50s in a row.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Hes had only one innings below 25.And other that most of the scores are atleast in the 40s.Thats pretty amazing thing for any opener in 12 games,that too in a slambang version like T20.Hes a beast really.
Who knows without Hayden,we would have looked like the Knight Riders in this season.

Akash00

Panel of Selectors
Hes had only one innings below 25.And other that most of the scores are atleast in the 40s.Thats pretty amazing thing for any opener in 12 games,that too in a slambang version like T20.Hes a beast really.
Who knows without Hayden,we would have looked like the Knight Riders in this season.
I totally agree with that. Chennai is weak without Hayden.

btw Hussey will boost us in the semis and final. So, Oram or Albie should make way for him.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Is Hussey allowed to play? I thought CA banned him from the tournament or was that just the round robin?
Totally agree about Hayden, without him there could have been some serious collapses the way the other batters have gone.

naresh091

International Cricketer
I dont see Hussey coming back.If he had any intentions like that,he would have already been in SA for gaining some match practice before playing the semis and finals.He cant come straight and play,just like that imo.

ajdude

International Coach
Is Hussey allowed to play? I thought CA banned him from the tournament or was that just the round robin?
Totally agree about Hayden, without him there could have been some serious collapses the way the other batters have gone.
Only Hopes, Watson, Bracken and Tait were barred from playing, Hussey, Ponting, Clarke and Johnson opted not to.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Hayden has been hitting fifties against top oppositions, so he should be able to get near a century against this team.

Kolkatta should include players, who didn't play that often.

vickyrox

Club Captain
dnt wrry man..
as long as kkr make dada open u will win easily...
get david hussey up

Users who are viewing this thread