• Chennai Super Kings

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Ari

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't see them getting rid of McCullum as captain for this season, Gayle would have probably been the better choice but then again hes leaving mid way into the season.

I think it is wishful thinking from a lot of members here that want to see Ganguly back as captain, how many times do you see someone after losing the captaincy get it back? not often. If KKR end up towards the bottom of the table which looks likely I would say Ponting will probably get it for season 3.

I will also add I don't think McCullum has done a bad job as captain and I doubt it effects his batting at all (see the recent Christchurch ODI for that). But with this kind of tournament and with the money being thrown around if results don't happen change will happen.

Last edited:

King Cricket

International Coach
KKR has very little chance of winning this if they continue with Agarkar, Henriques, and Murali Kartik
Here's my team:

1. C.Gayle
2. B.McCullam (WK) (C)
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Laxmi Ratan Sukla
5. Angelo Matthews (we should give this guy a chance instead of Hodge or Henriques, he was superb with the bat in his debut ODI, and I've heard that he's a fantastic T-20 player)
6. Sanjay Bangar/Arindam Ghosh (Bangar is the only all-rounder we have apart from AA, and though Ghosh is mainly an opener he can bat at no 6 as well)
7. Yashpal Singh
8. Ishant Sharma
9. Ajantha Mendis
10. Ashoke Dinda
11. Anureet Singh

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
KKR has very little chance of winning this if they continue with Agarkar, Henriques, and Murali Kartik
Here's my team:

1. C.Gayle
2. B.McCullam (WK) (C)
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Laxmi Ratan Sukla
5. Angelo Matthews (we should give this guy a chance instead of Hodge or Henriques, he was superb with the bat in his debut ODI, and I've heard that he's a fantastic T-20 player)
6. Sanjay Bangar/Arindam Ghosh (Bangar is the only all-rounder we have apart from AA, and though Ghosh is mainly an opener he can bat at no 6 as well)
7. Yashpal Singh
8. Ishant Sharma
9. Ajantha Mendis
10. Ashoke Dinda
11. Anureet Singh

Again it's the lack of LOCAL talent, KKR have no good Indian batsmen, except for Ganguly.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
we should have a poll from every game thread!

can we do that please??

Ari

International Cricketer
Yep local talent is probably the biggest issue for KKR, take a look at Chennai for example they have heaps of it.

sashidharan

Club Captain
I agree with naresh.CSK must have ntini in place of flintoff and bring in indian batsman in place of joginder so combination will be perfect.

King Cricket

International Coach
^ With Wriddhi Saha out, Chet Pujara out, Sourav Sarkar dumped, Ranadeb Bose dumped, Mohnish Parmar dumped- it's not a surprise that KKR is lacking local talent TBH.

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
I can predict the outcome of this.. Chennai will bat first, Hayden will get 80 off 35 balls before some clumsy Indian domestic batsman runs him out and then there will be a massive batting collaspe and Chennai will get bowled out for 160 before McCullum & Gayle chase the total down in 15 overs at the lost of no wickets...

naresh091

International Cricketer
You are too much pessimistic.You dint see our batting last season(post-hayden's departure) did you?
Our batsmen just need to settle down to the conditions.And they would have adapted by now.
Im expecting our batsmen to put up a special effort today.Everyone just need to play to their potentials.Nothing more extra ordinary needed.Im looking forward to a big knock from Dhoni here.Hope Morkel comes out of his rusty innings in the last game.
I would want Badri to be in the top 5 of the XI.If they gonna play him at no.7 then like Sai said,its better to drop him.

naresh091 added 1 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

It will be an easy win for us here.

stefan

International Coach
Apparently its not looking too good as far as the weather goes in Cape town. Hopefully it clears by 16:30. But not looking good.:(

naresh091

International Cricketer
Oh sh*t.Just wanted to see us come back strongly in the tournament.Hope rain doesnt interrupt.Is it raining now mate?

Last edited:

stefan

International Coach
Oh sh*t.Just wanted to see us come back strongly in the tournament.Hope rain doesnt interrupt.Is it raining now mate?

Not in cape town but according to some of the local guys on another cricket forum its been raining since 9:00 am. So not looking good at all. Hope for the best.:(

PE isn't looking good for tomorrow with 60% chance but cape town should be fine tomorrow. Cape Town has been an issue so after tomorrow we should have less problems. Here up in Pretoria and Joburg we haven't had rain and it usually doesn't rain this time of the year so shouldn't have any issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread