A Close Call For me

Manly

Thor
Was it a case of-hold your eye open while they take a pair of tweezers to it and there aint a thing you can do except watch the tweezers move toward your eye?

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why do people neglect to wear glasses? Is image so important to people?

Highlander999

ICC President
Oh yes. I feel very self conscience with glasses and everyone says I look way better without them on, and they are very annoying. I hate wearing glasses when I bat. This will be my first season batting without glasses :happy

BTW This incident hasn't put me of wearing contacts one bit.

lancashire666

International Coach
well the important thing is to work out if your friend did indeed 'slip' or just doesnt like you lol

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
I'm soooo glad my vision is perfect. I couldn't handle wearing either glasses or contacts.

Oh make sure you urinate in your mate's pint next time as well Tom.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This will be my first season batting without glasses :happy

BTW This incident hasn't put me of wearing contacts one bit.

Thats good to hear. ( The last line )

But yeah, it isn't too difficult to bat in glasses, i only wear mine when i have eye ache from too much use of my eyes, such as exams and what not oh and now and again when i drive.

I cant say i've batted with them in, but i have bowled with them (My Glasses haven't got frames on them all the way round so i had a good view)

One of the boys who used to play for the team when i was in the U15's wore them and we used to always take the ssip (get a mirror out on that word :p) about it, but in all honesty, like me, he suited them to a tee and looked cracking in a helmet, looked like a well educated guy. In all honesty, he was stupider than me :p

Tom, lets hope you don't get put off wearing them, although the thought of putting things in my eyes brings me to immediate tears.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
If i had to wear glasses i wouldnt wear them but my vision is perfect so i dont have to worry. If i did have to wear them i would get expensive looking glasses so you dont look like a nerd and people think you just use sunglasses all the time. :cool:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I've always played cricket and soccer in glasses. Have had them smashed and broken now and then, but I'd feel safer with them on than contacts.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Moral of the story...fashion is pain.

If you wore the less good-looking glasses then there would of been not as bad a problem;)

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Hope you get better soon Tom ,anwyways the worst ever thing I've had to my eye is a cyst for about 2 weeks, thats nothing compared to yours...

Users who are viewing this thread