A couple of questions - Team editing and being less crap batting

Gazzy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone - new boy I'm afraid, so bear with me and my stupid questions! Just bought BLC in the last week or so (having enjoyed Lara '96 for many years) and so am new to the editability of the game. Therefore, first question is this:

How do you edit the team name? I tend to go for completely fictitious teams (usually made up of friends) and so don't want to be playing for England or Australia or even France.... I've downloaded SWED, blceditor, and the Brian Lara Stats Editor (if that's the one that allows you to edit within the game) and none offers the opportunity to edit the team name, just the players. Now I know that my particular wish is not everyone's cup of tea, but people might want county/regional teams and they would be stuck in the same boat as I am. So what am I missing?

Second question is a bit more fundamental and can partly be answered by my lack of experience at the game. Still, can anyone tell me how to forward defend. There have been many matches where I've been bowled out for under a hundred which I can take except when most of the wickets are edges from forward defensive strokes. Sometimes I miss the ball completely and get bowled. I'm using the County skill setting, as I did in Lara '96, but have only scored one half-decent team total (299). I understand that timing is important and that pitch conditions, etc. make a difference, but I've tried to position myself properly and time the ball as I would any other shot but all too often I get caught out. Heck, once I edged a forward defensive stroke in the air and got 2 runs for it, which was stupid (I wasn't 6-hitting or anything like that). What am I doing wrong and is there any patch to calm down forward defensives?

Sorry to be boring, but I'm curious!

Jithendra

School Cricketer
I have been thinking of a way to do that since a long time, no succes yet. but swed, blc editor is ment for player name, stats editing, you cant change the team names with it.

And for your 2nd problem, lack of experience might be one but it is not the real reson. try the stright drive insted of forward defend it works with mine. and when it comes to patchs there is lot of patchs done by our fellow friends here on the site, you can download them, to improve your playing skills and make the game intresting. so good luck :)

iaq

Club Cricketer
welcome gazzy
but i think we cannot change teams name.... thats for sure

marc71178

School Cricketer
To improve your enjoyment of the game, I recommend taking advantage of the excellent updates and patches created by our members.

See what you mean about forward defensives, can be hard to time.

Gazzy

School Cricketer
Thanks for the speedy responses - shame about the team names thing, but never mind (if I had the talent to create these programs I'd have tried it myself, but, in this department, I am sadly talentless....!). Is there nothing on the horizon that would allow us to do this?

Anyway, another quick question (which I think has been answered by the lack of such a thing on the website):

Is there a no-CD patch for the game? Apart from anything else, it's a pain having to stick the CD in every time I play the game, but more importantly, when I installed the official Codemaster's patch last night it suddenly said that I had the wrong CD in the drive. The reason for this is that I bought the Sold Out Software version of the game (coz it was only ?4.99!) and I guess this is not recognized as the correct CD...

As far as the forward defensives are concerned, I will obviously practice but it was always nice when I could just rely on them to play players in a bit rather than attacking. I've tried the drive shots as well, but sometimes edge them too (which is just my inexperience/incompetence) but I get pissed off when I'm not even attempting a scoring shot and still get out. Still I am currently playing the Australians, so I shouldn't complain too much...

paul r smith

Club Cricketer
Have you downloaded the tim. editor?, should be able from blc online, this is highly recommended as it allows you to edit kits,equipment etc., check the downloads section of the site to see the various kit etc. that has been designed, also you can alter the look of stadia. these improvements add to gameplay and allow the game to remain up to date. Also, the fields editor, also should be available from blc online, allows you to set your own fields, this much enhances gameplay.
regards,paul

Gazzy

School Cricketer
Yeah, I've downloaded the tim editor (the beta 2 version - the beta 1 version doesn't appear to be available any more) but it just freezes at the title page when I start it. Can't see any reason why this would happen - all the other big programs work.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Did you click on the guy who is on the first screen of the tim editor? The program is made in such a way that it starts after you click on the picture you see..

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Hey Gazzy,
There is a crack for No CD on the site www.megagames.com.... I have tried it abd it is probably flawless... But If you have the CD whats the problem

Gazzy

School Cricketer
The only reason I would like a no-cd patch (well, apart from the pain-in-the-#### that is putting a cd into the cd player to play a game that's fully installed on the hard disk) is that my version is the Sold Out version that doesn't seem to be recognized by the official patch. This is a proper commercial buy, I'm not being a bastard and ripping off a warez site (I know how annoying this can be for all the real fans), it's just that it doesn't seem compatible with the patch.

And I now feel a bit stupid asking about the .tim editor. Ah well! What's the one-day kit file (or is it in the teams folder and therefore can't be opened)?

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
The files of kits are tim files that are located in the Skinjobs filder for one day Internationals and in the Whites folder for the test matches. The new kits coming up are really great. For learnin how to make kits.. please refer to tutorial made by siskue posted on the forum or ask him directly to send you the tutorial file.

Zizou

School Cricketer
Speaking of no-cd patches, It appears that the one that was made for BLC was made before Codemasters realeased their patch. So as a result it seems the no-cd patch overwrites the Codemasters patch. This is what I discovered about a year ago I don't know if anybody has got it to work if so I'd like to hear about it.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
The Codemasters patch really sucks. I think you should try out Sangam's cool patch. It is worth wasting you internet account to download it. Its has all the features that is in the codemasters one so also it does not change anything to the actual exe files. I think the .exe given codemasters is of no use because it does seem to change anything big in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread