A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The career mode is incredibly simplistic in that regard. The lineups never change, and hence there will still be Chris Rogers opening the batting after 20 years. All of the suggestions you are making are good for the next version, or maybe some DLC, but for now there isn't much point looking at the "world" around you in career mode because it is static.

But the thing which hurts the most is taking Captain's place in international team when you are selected and then different player gets the chance to lead the team.

I was so sad that I replaced MS Dhoni and then Shami became captain of Indian team.

I was like What? :eek:
Sad there is no fix for this right now.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yep @whiteninness I was thinking more for future versions, to be fair BA have given us a very good cricket game and have supported the game with patches as promised and listened to and implemented fixes/improvements. I think once patch 2 has fixed the main issues I would be grateful already and the game will be extremely playable. Anything they do after that is a bonus for us and goes beyond what I expected from them. I think my biggest wish for future versions, if the bugs etc are sorted is to see more turn from spinners, not in every game but depending on the pitches. Sometimes you play on a pitch that looks like a real Bunsen but there isn't really any difference and I've never have seen a real sharp one. I guess it must of been a decision made in the development stage to lessen the turn because in the early CA betas it turned a lot. I think as bowling has been easy so far the spin had to be lessened to give the AI a chance, and as spin is difficult enough to play ATM more turn would make it unplayable. Hopefully if BA make enough of a success from this game then next time more in depth changes can be made of the career because generally everything else will be fine after the upcoming patch and only minor tweaks could be needed for DBII. All in all though, hats off to BA, considering theyre a small developer they've made a great platform to build on.

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
But the thing which hurts the most is taking Captain's place in international team when you are selected and then different player gets the chance to lead the team.

There is a fix of sorts. Before you start a career, edit your chosen international teams batting line up. I bat at number 2, so I put a 'nobody' in at the number 2 position.

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
@Matt P40 matches are now 40 overs? What happens if i am already in the middle of List A tournament?

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

I was so sad that I replaced MS Dhoni and then Shami became captain of Indian team.

I was like What? :eek:

I think you need to look at the batting lineup of the international and domestic teams you play for, and make sure you don't choose the same spot as a player like Dhoni you want to keep. That'd fix it.

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
There is a fix of sorts. Before you start a career, edit your chosen international teams batting line up. I bat at number 2, so I put a 'nobody' in at the number 2 position.

But I had no idea regarding this thing. Now I don't want to start my career again as I have played 80-90 matches in my career and it took me so long to make my selection in national team.

madman981

Club Captain
yeah I agree, there is no way I want to start my career again, yet there is so many changes i want to make after playing 5 seasons

AdamFreeman

School Cricketer
I haven't played any one career long enough to be moved, but if it's not listed in the changelog then it probably doesn't happen at all. A shame, but probably harder to program than people would think.

thanks for replying, I get what people are saying but in this interview with Ross which is quite lengthy and a really good listen he said it would be in patch 2, so maybe theres hope for patch 3.

Don Bradman Cricket 14: Live With Bigant! - YouTube

really interesting video when the dude gets his questions sorted :)

kulch

Club Captain
they need to make international teams made up of career mode stat leaders for the past 2 seasons. theyve done it before with the RLL game and state of origin.
i guess with the CA and best teams etc, there is a limit to this games ability to have dynamic squads.
maybe in the next version

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I haven't played any one career long enough to be moved, but if it's not listed in the changelog then it probably doesn't happen at all. A shame, but probably harder to program than people would think.
The aim was to have a system where by form had a player rise and fall in the ranks of a batting lineup, but in the end we couldn't find a formula that worked correctly in terms of having something fair and also fitting within a realism template.

We did have something ready to be implemented, based on averages and positions on the batting lineup, but didn't feel it would reflect overly well in the end product so it was put to the sideline for now.

TripleM

Club Captain
The aim was to have a system where by form had a player rise and fall in the ranks of a batting lineup, but in the end we couldn't find a formula that worked correctly in terms of having something fair and also fitting within a realism template.

We did have something ready to be implemented, based on averages and positions on the batting lineup, but didn't feel it would reflect overly well in the end product so it was put to the sideline for now.

Is it possible to at least change the position yourself? Several years into a career as a number 4 batsman, I'm finding I want to bat slightly higher to build up 50s/100s rather than come in to an occasional T20 needing 20 to win.. but don't want to start all over again and go back to edging every ball!

The_Pharoah

International Coach

ah right. I remember all the talk about this a few months ago (before release) and wondered why suddenly nothing was happening (I haven't been selected for international duty so I don't know for sure). I do remember talk about us starting at Div 1 instead of state (playing for North Sydney, Brisbane, etc etc ie. Div 1 club teams) and taking it from there. Obviously a lot must have been on the wish list which was left out before release.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

The problem comes when you "replace" the spinner or wicketkeeper etc. I think dynamic and fluid lineups are definitely a must for the next version.

AdamFreeman

School Cricketer

That is disappointing but understandable and atleast it was attempted to be put in and your trying to find a creative solution, could it be implemented in a future patch or is this something for bradman 15/16.

I think any system that changes thinks a little would be better as career gets stale after a while.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
I bat at 5, and thats where AB de Villiers is on the S.A team, so I have replaced him on ODI's and T20i :facepalm

I would love to bat alongside him, by way of changing the line up

Users who are viewing this thread