A new and improved Rankings system

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've scrapped my old Ranking system, and replaced it with two separate ones for Tests and ODIs. It's incredibly simple (I think) It's based on a simple mathematical formula. It takes into account current form, is split into two divisions, with 1 team promoted/relegated every month. It is also the only ranking system that takes into account the method of victory, with extra points for an innings victory, or extra points for avoiding an innings defeat by a superior team. If you like it, perhaps we can make it the offical forum rankings? Vineet? I'll put this on a web site when I get time.

Heres the tables. A rating of 100 represents an average performance. Remember it's based on recent form, so don't get mad cos the Aussies aren't top!

Test Matches

Division One

South Africa (175)
Australia (145)
New Zealand (84)
Sri Lanka (69)
England (50)

Division Two

India (129)
Pakistan (115)
West Indies (108)
Zimbabwe (31)
Bangladesh (-10)

ODIs

Division One

India (145)
Australia (140)
Pakistan (110)
South Africa (105)
Sri Lanka (80)
West Indies (80)

(NOTE: Sri Lanka are ahead of the West Indies, as they beat them in their most recent match)

Division Two

New Zealand (140)
England (95)
Zimbabwe (85)
Kenya (45)
Holland (-5)
Bangladesh (-10)

I

imported_absolutezero_23

Your ranking is that good
australia should be number one in odi

baps_satsangi

Club Cricketer
Australian are the best od cricket side in the world.
They went through the cricket world cup with out lossing
And they are a better test side that anyone else by about 200 runs

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
I'd agree that Australia are the best, but my ranking system is based on a teams last 10 matches which for Australia includes test defeats by England and West Indies, both inferior teams, while South Africa haven't lost for ages. In ODI's they lost their last 3 games, while India have lost just two.

Users who are viewing this thread