Story A rookie's long road to fame **Match day vs WA, Disappointing end to the innings**

A Disappointing End to the innings

After a good 20 minute break. Brett and Brad went back out to try and re-establish our innings an go on to post a big score. We were looking ok until Brett called for a third run and tried to make it home. He was unfortunately runout just centremetres short of the crease. As of this we had become 7 down for under 180.

Cricket072008-12-2522-01-53-59.jpg

As Nathan Walked out, I looked at Pup and he looked just devastated. It looked as if he had lost all hope for us. I must admit i felt the same way. I didn't think our tail enders had it in them. Nathan and Brad set about their job on hand and things started to look up for us. Until....
Nathan was walking back to the pavilion with a look of disappointment. And why wouldn't he looked that way? HE spooned one to Hogg at deepish mid on and we were now 8/188. Struggling to get to 200

Cricket072008-12-2522-06-30-91.jpg

Moises went out to meet brad in the middle. I hated watching. I was still frustrated with my dismissal. But I couldn't worry about it now. We were on the back foot. Brad took most of the strike to try to eliminate another wicket falling for little amount of runs.it appeared to be working until Brad was bowled. cleanly.

Cricket072008-12-2522-13-37-59.jpg

Stuart was next in. He hates batting. I could see it when i used to watch him bat for australia. He hung around for a little bit but couldn't help but pop one up to bat pad

Cricket072008-12-2522-17-57-33.jpg

So as it was we were all out for 215. 50 or 60 less than we should of made. Our Next task was to restrict Western Australia for less than 200

Cricket072008-12-2819-06-16-91.jpg

Good to see this story updated :thumbs

Apart from your 79 that is a dissapointing no one else really contributed except for Haddin a little bit. I don't think 215 will be enough but with early wickets you may only give away a small first innings lead.

Question:did someone drug the SpeedBlitz blues?
Or can I put this under the match fixing allegations?

Haddin and yourself were the only batsmen to score even remotely well, although if Jaques could of continued his good start then it may be different. You need a few early wickets in their innings and then to just rip through their lineup.

Great presentation, Brendan, top notch.

sorry for delay updates coming within the next couple of days

im afraid i have to put this story on hold for a little while as ive been very busy with work and relationship. i will try to update as often as i can

Don't ever worry about the time constraints... Take your own time for the update.. We readers would be looking forward to it till then :)

im afraid i have more bad news. as i went to play cricket 07 this morning i found a huge scratch that went acroos the diameter of the disc. since then the scratch has turned into a crack and will not play at all.

so im afraid to say that this story will not be updated anymore. whats even more distressing is that my laptop got rebooted so that all my files, music, videos and what not have all been wiped off.

Easily fixed. I'll PM you a link, to get it working again. I am pretty sure it is legal. Sorry to hear your comp re-booted though :(

thanks to Tom i have managed to get my Cricket 07 working. the only issue is i have to start a new season due to the problems explained before. the good thing is I will be able to have some of the newer guys playing in the season.

so thank you Tom Much appreciated mate. i should have an update ready tomorrow

Yeah, nice one Tom. He helped me out a couple of weeks ago when my C05 disc snapped :)

Users who are viewing this thread