Story A rookie's long road to fame **Match day vs WA, Disappointing end to the innings**

gutterman

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was out having a net session with the boys when a few people associated with the NSW Speed Blitz Blues showed up. Apparently they came looking for me.

"Which One of you is Brendan Gutteridge?" The Eldeest one Asked

Yea thats me who wants to know"

"I am one of the NSW selectors. i've watched you play for a long time now and i must say im quite impressed. Would you be interested in training with our national team?"

Yea definately"

Excellent i thought you'd say that. Tomorrow, SCG, 9am sharp dont be late."

they left and my friends just looked at me in awe

the next day couldn't come any sooner. but as soon as it did i was up at 7:30 and out of the house 15 minutes later. i arrived at the SCG and 8:59 to be exact. So i decided to wait. Well i waited and waited until finally about an hour later the same group of people showed.

Ah Brendan, sorry we're late, caught in traffic. Now that you're here we can show you around, introduce you to a few people maybe just maybe there'll be a contract for you"

A Contract i thought to myself. Getting paid to play for a thing you love is awesome. well i havent been given that contract yet but hey, who knows maybe im just what NSW cricket needs.

So Anyway i followed the gentlemen round to the dressing rooms, where i met the entire NSW first squad and coaching satff before we all headed off to the nets.

The coach wanted to see what i had got so he put me into a net so i had everyone bowling at me. i started off very slow blocking everything but once i felt more confident, i was hitting the ball sweetly.

After about 30 to 45 mins the coach pulled me out and sat down with me to discuss my performance. He was very pleased with it and signalled the selectors to bring the contract over. in which i signed without hesitation. I had also learned that James Hopes was just transferred from Queensland and David Hussey Transferred from Victoria.

i would be getting to me meet them at our next training session. which was when i would also be getting my uniform and new kit. At the moment i had a Kookaburra Beast but i was told Puma Wanted to sign me as their new rising star, which meant i had to miss out on a training session to test out some gear. But that wasnt till next week so it was all good.

But for now here are my stats for club cricket
Name: Brendan Adam Gutteridge
Junior matches played:40
Runs: 675
Not Outs: 3
Average: 39.34
Wickets: 56
Overs: 356
Average:27

Current NSW Stats.
One Dayers:
Played: 1
Runs: 10
Average: 10
50's: 0
100's: 0
Overs: 0
Wickets: 0
Average: 0

First Class:
Played: 0
Runs: 0
50's: 0
100's: 0
Overs: 0
Wickets: 0

Last edited:

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Good luck to this :thumbs I am looking forward to this story :)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Nice start mate. Good to see another rookie turning out for my beloved blues!! I wish we signed David Hussey in real life :D Good luck with this mate!

gutterman

International Cricketer
thanks for the comments guys. im still figuring out how to do mutliple screenshots at once. should be an update tomorrow or the next day

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
You have to download fraps. Then make a folder called "story folder" then set the screen shots to go straight to that folder and you can take as many as you like. Make sure fraps is on before you start though. You can tell as there will be a number in the game in the top corner if its on :)

gutterman

International Cricketer
About a week later, after meeting Dave hussey and James hopes and getting my gear from Puma, the Coach, matt posted the team for the first One Dayer against South Australia. He Put it up in the dressing room this is what it looked like

Untitled-1.jpg

Every one crowded around to see if they had been picked. i hung back and waited until the frenzy had died down. As i looked i saw some of the big names until i came to my name at number 4. i was overjoyed to see that i had made it into the team but to be batting so high up was just nerve racking. after we all had a glimpse at the team sheet. the coach Spoke

"Ok congrats to all those who were picked. it wasnt an easy decision but it merely came down to who i thought had the mentality of this game. Now you know next week is the when our international superstars go over to India, so half our team is gone there but at least the rest of you will get to play. ive had talks with Michael about our issue with half our players gone. but for now lets focus on winning this season opener. i'll see you here tomorrow nice and early i hope"

After this pep talk we all left to go home. Dave Didnt have a ride so i offered to drop him home. On our way home we got talking about our chances in tomorrows game and about life in general. Turns out Dave Second amibition was to travel the world.

So anyways i dropped him home and headed for my home where hopefully i had some pizza waiting for me.

Last edited:

gutterman

International Cricketer
whoops accident. fixed

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
God to see you made the team :) Personally I would swap Katman and Dave Huss around in the order. BTW are you going to play the international players all year?

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Wow good to see you make the starting Xi as Matt said Katich should have been opening instead of Hussey...

gutterman

International Cricketer
God to see you made the team :) Personally I would swap Katman and Dave Huss around in the order. BTW are you going to play the international players all year?

with hussey and katich im doing an experiment.

no im not going to play the international players all year. just for this first match and maybe a few at the end

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I thought that was against South Africa so I was a little shocked not to see Ponting in the team :D

Good luck and make some runs!

Users who are viewing this thread