Story A rookie's long road to fame **Match day vs WA, Disappointing end to the innings**

Great bowling there from your team but Blewett was the only resistance so you got a little lucky. Great performance though and hopefully the team can keep the form up and the adrenaline.

The mood in our team's dressing room was estatic. We had gone out and bowled really well and knocked over South Australia for less than a hundred and fifty. While Phil and Dave were padding up Pup came over to me and had a little chat with me

Mate, if we lose an early wicket I want you to go in. I want to see how you cope with pressure early on.
Sure thing

Phil and Dave headed out and were looking quite confident about their chances. I on the other hand wasn't so confident. Both guys played themselves in and it was Dave who crossed the rope first hitting a glorious straight drive. It looked like it had just come out of the textbook. I never actually understood what was meant by the phrase "textbook Shot" but from what I could tell it seemed to have a lot of meaning. We Lost Dave early so it was my turn on the rectangle.

Cricket072008-11-2423-53-41-13.jpg

As I made my way down the steps, a young boy called out to me yelled what sounded like goodluck. The South Australian crowd was still cheering at the loss of our first wicket but eventually died down just as i was about to face my first ball. I looked up and it was none other than Dizzy Gillespie.

Cricket072008-11-2423-55-26-79.jpg

I was so terrified I almost didn't move as the ball came whizzing towards my off stump. Luckily I managed to put my bat there in time. I mainly played the balls that were coming onto the stumps and left the ones wide-ish. I did However become a bit overjoyed when I'd just cracked Dizzy for 4 down at square leg. My luck soon ran out when I foolishly left a full ball that looked like missing off stump. But unfortunately for me it swung in late and all i could hear was the ball crashing into the stumps, then came the roar of the crowd.

Cricket072008-11-2500-10-55-72.jpg

Pup his way down from the dressing room and as we passed each other he managed a smile and said "Unlucky mate". Yeah real unlucky. I was so annoyed with myself that Dave had to calm me down. The very next over Phil was out bowled by Rofe. It seemed as if he played the wrong shot as to where the ball was pitched. We were now 3 down with only 39 on the board and Simon was next in. As he left he said

Don't worry fellas i'll win it for us.

Cricket072008-11-2500-12-53-10.jpg

It wasn't very long before we'd lost our 4th wicket. Pup was out for only 4 runs. Bowled Rofe caught Dizzy. We now only had 45 on the board and things we're looking good for us.

Cricket072008-11-2500-16-11-89-1.jpg

Very nice story here.

You guys are in real trouble, chasing an easy target. Need someone to calm down the innings.

Last edited:
I think you'll bring it back well with Simon getting a good score. Unlucky on your score of 10 but it can be expected when facing someone as prestigious as Dizzy.

Good presentation and very good writing.

Dizzy is on fire. This is a fantastic story, I've been silently reading this. If you continue these fantastic updates, you'll be my SOTM pick. :)

sorry for the delay. im having trouble finding the screenies i did for the rest of NSW innings. i have found all the scorecards i had but dont know where the rest went

Simon wasn't coping but James was in great touch. Jimmy was only on about 5 but he looked very solid on both attack and defence. A Trait we would need for the season ahead. Simon was later dismissed for five off the bowling of Dan Cullen, a Possible hope for the Australian test and one day sides. Simon played an ordinary shot to Cullen and found the bails on the ground and not on the stumps. What didn't help was that we were only on 56 and we'd lost half our wicket in the first 15overs. the match was slipping away with every wicket that was taken.

Cricket072008-11-2500-21-27-34.jpg

Brad went out and was already out of his natural style. The first few balls he faced he blocked and didnt look to score off any of them. One Jimmy and Hadds got going they were forming a nice little partnership of 20 something and both guys were looking great. Until Jimmy was trapped lbw by Harris. I could tell this match was slipping away and it wasn't the way i wanted to have my debut pan out. i would have liked to got a score and won the match but at the rate we were going it wasn't going to be. Brett went out and his idea of winning the match was to hit out or get out. We were already 6 down for about 87 or something and first ball he hooked fine for four

Cricket072008-11-2500-33-30-25.jpg

It was a glorious shot but his innings didnt last long as he was bowled by Harris. Harris' second victim. Brad was now left with the tail exposed and we need 40 to win with something like 25 overs left. I mean we still had plenty of time to bat so we couldn't lose, could we.....
Cricket072008-11-2500-35-17-44.jpg

Very nice cliff-hanger there at the end, another Short Leg trait. He always loved the cliff-hanger and used it to good effect.

You are still a chance of winning the match providing you guys bat sensibly. Haddin needs to score the majority of the runs.

apologies for lack in updates in recent past. ive just been very busy lately

Nice story, here just had a quick skim through it, looks promising. You could however improve on the presentation a little bit (Just add a main heading, then your text). Other than that its a good read.

Bit of a odd way for you to get out, what were you looking at ;)

As long as you bat responsibly and Haddin can get on strike as much as he can then you have a chance of a victory. I agree with what Punk said but it's still a good story thus far. Nice cliff reader which as Left Hander pointed out, Short Leg used to almost perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread