A Suggestion for AC09 Until the Patch comes out!

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi guys, I know must of us are disappointed because the game has failed to live up to the hype. The major problem seems to be that the batting is getting very very easy.

For those who are finding batting very easy I have a suggestion! How about you limit your wickets in test. For example if you are scoring regularly in excess of 400 in test matches just give yourself 5 wickets to bat. If you lose 5 wickets consider you are all out and declare. If you still believe that the batting is very easy like jkarthik on this forum then please leave only a wicket for you at disposal. If you lose a wicket consider yourself all out and declare. This should also apply when you are chasing the score. This way you are bound to get more out of the game until the patch arrives . Once the patch is out hope you can revert back to normal.

The other way around this is to play online.

IF you are finding bowling very easy, Just generate innings.
And if you find the entire game very easy Generate innings while you are bowling and follow the above suggestion when batting, you ll get more out of this game trust me with all sort of scores and they will vary each time. It will make you feel that you have to defend as well especially when you consider you only have one wicket at disposal.

Hope you like my suggestion any other way to make gameplay better please add here!
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Bowling's more fun than batting anyway. You could also try what I was forced to do and only score through boundaries.

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Nice suggestions, too much effort for me.

I'll wait for the patch, or rarely play offline again.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Bowling's more fun than batting anyway. You could also try what I was forced to do and only score through boundaries.

bowling's fun ?? :eek:

you must have nailed the bowling then like i've done with batting.

i always get hammered all over the park...:noway:(

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
I have to agree, i quite enjoy bowling. I really like the catching system. If only they took away the stuipd pitch placement stuff. Makes getting lbw harder than it should be.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
I have to agree, i quite enjoy bowling. I really like the catching system. If only they took away the stuipd pitch placement stuff. Makes getting lbw harder than it should be.

yup...catching system's fun...can be a pain in the ass at times though :p...

but lbw is almost out of the question as the game considers full and outside off to be the perfect line ! :p

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
but lbw is almost out of the question as the game considers full and outside off to be the perfect line ! :p
It's not that so much - it's the number of invisible edges onto the pads when you appear to have them trapped infront. I guess the argument could be made that the game would be quite unforgiving otherwise though.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
It's not that so much - it's the number of invisible edges onto the pads when you appear to have them trapped infront. I guess the argument could be made that the game would be quite unforgiving otherwise though.

at times when i was batting, i thought i was trapped in front but later found out that i edged it LOL !!

ulukai

Club Cricketer
For those who are finding batting very easy I have a suggestion! How about you limit your wickets in test. For example if you are scoring regularly in excess of 400 in test matches just give yourself 5 wickets to bat.

how about just dropping the batting skill points in the customization section? :) you can't do this for eng or aus, but is the the easiest alternative for the other teams

unplayablejaffa

School Cricketer
CATCHINGS NOT FUN!

I'm colourblind, not completely, but I get mixed up with my colours (eg mix up purple/blue, mix up orange/red etc) and the colours are not blatently obvious to me cos they use a light green and not dark. I get confused between the orange and green and drop so many catches

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I like the catching system as well - if the fielder pulls off a blinder, it's your doing. If he drops it, that's your fault as well.

As to people wanting a suggestion until the patch comes out? Read Ulukai's threads.

abrarmohsin

School Cricketer
One of the tricks i used in BLIC 07 was to hide the bowling indicator mark when batting..i still don't have the copy of ashes cricket 2009 but that trick will make the batting harder as you won't have the idea of where the ball is pitching till the bowler releases the ball

P

pcfan123

CATCHINGS NOT FUN!

I'm colourblind, not completely, but I get mixed up with my colours (eg mix up purple/blue, mix up orange/red etc) and the colours are not blatently obvious to me cos they use a light green and not dark. I get confused between the orange and green and drop so many catches

I feel for you mate, but you can hardly ask them to change the catching system because of that. Its a very good system.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
CATCHINGS NOT FUN!

Oh dear. Maybe one of our patch-makers can make a patch that changes the colours?

Users who are viewing this thread