Tips to have awesome games against the AI

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
1. Play on normal difficulty -- makes bowling and getting wickets easier
2. Because batting is much easier on normal, drop the batting skill points for your players...the dude who scored 1000 odd runs at 15 rpo even at hard - I find that pointless -- drop the batting skills to below 10 for your player and try scoring at that rate -- the fact is, that in this game, unlike in BLIC 07, player ratings seem to have a huge impact on gameplay...which makes sense when you consider that the customization options were built into the game by the developers this time around.
3. Increase your fielder skill ratings, esp. running speed, throwing accuracy, throwing distance -- drastically reduces the no. of AI run-outs. The only time the AI has gone for suicidal runs since is when it needed to -- when the req. RR was very high when chasing; or when it was setting a target and had wickets to spare in the slog overs
4. To improve your spin bowling: reduce the pace of the spinner and increase drift points in the customization, consider wind direction in the game, pitch it right up like in the tutorial, and change your deliveries at the last second

Try this and let me know your thoughts. It's worked great for me so far.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Are you playing on PC? what kind of matches have you had then...ODI's/Tests

ulukai

Club Cricketer
Are you playing on PC? what kind of matches have you had then...ODI's/Tests

Playing on PC. Since making the changes, I've played one test and a handful of T-20 matches. Noticed the differences immediately -- AI run outs went down considerably, I could limit the scoring rate off the spinners to under 6 (provided I bowled well), got wickets off lbws, batting was definitely much harder (my top batsman had a batsman skill rating somewhere in the 40s -- dropped all their skills except running between the wickets)..

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
2. Because batting is much easier on normal, drop the batting skill points for your players...the dude who scored 1000 odd runs at 15 rpo even at hard - I find that pointless -- drop the batting skills to below 10 for your player and try scoring at that rate -- the fact is, that in this game, unlike in BLIC 07, player ratings seem to have a huge impact on gameplay...which makes sense when you consider that the customization options were built into the game by the developers this time around.
3. Increase your fielder skill ratings, esp. running speed, throwing accuracy, throwing distance -- drastically reduces the no. of AI run-outs. The only time the AI has gone for suicidal runs since is when it needed to -- when the req. RR was very high when chasing; or when it was setting a target and had wickets to spare in the slog overs
4. To improve your spin bowling: reduce the pace of the spinner and increase drift points in the customization, consider wind direction in the game, pitch it right up like in the tutorial, and change your deliveries at the last second

Well done on making a second thread: your first was a bit ambiguous. Still, having to pitch the ball right up as a spinner just feels wrong and needs to be patched. How about clean bowled wickets; have you been getting them (with spinners and quicks)?

Last edited:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors

Thank you for such a constructive thread. Some great pointers.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I have posted your great ideas in the downloads thread (don't worry, you have full credit), so the guys can get to work on increasing the available skill points because some players are good at batting, bowling and fielding! Great work, you might have killed the runout bug singlehandedly! My game might be here tomorrow, so I can test it.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Interesting points.. I'll probably had a go at them when I am get home later today..

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Nice to have some one with such a good insight. I think you will make a good game developer some day (i am presuming you are young). Thanks for taking the pain to share your wonderful ideas.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How come increasing fielding skill reduces AI runouts? Surely it should be the other way around?

Octavius

Club Cricketer
How come increasing fielding skill reduces AI runouts? Surely it should be the other way around?

i think he means the batters are prone to take less risky runs cause the fielding is sharper. ie the batter would have taken a suicidal run based on poorer fielding before (flawed as that perception was by the batting AI). now the batsmen might be quicker to realise that the fielders are that much better or are moving to the ball quicker - thus eliminating those silly run outs cause the programing tells the batter that hes definitely not going to make it?.

thats my impression of what he meant.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It somehow dissuades the AI from attempting the run.

Ah that would make sense then, I seem to get a lot of runouts from Panesar

Users who are viewing this thread