What would you like to see patched?

superfreddie

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
superfreddie, you could always move the bowling marker and bowl where it makes you happy. Bounce has nothing to do with good length, a good length is ball where the batsman is not sure to play at the front goot or back foot, he is caught in between. This will vary as the where the batsman stands in front of the batting crease. For example a good length ball to many batsman will be slightly overpitced to Matthew Hayden because he stands so far out of his batting crease.

So what your saying is I should bowl on what is a good length in real life, and never hit the stumps or get an lbw, and be smashed all over the park because the developers class a good length as a bad ball.

Yeah that will be fun.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This game has way too many problems to all be sorted by a patch, but I would settle for them sorting out the fact when you bowl what should be a good length it bounces two foot over the wicket.

But they are never going to sort that, just wish the developers knew what a good length was before they created the game.

P.S. A good length is not two feet away from the batsmen and a foot outside off stump, thats a half volley that should be spanked for four, game ruined, nuff said.

It is a basic of cricket and I'm very disappointed that it isn't correctly simulated in the game. As I said, they should've used Warne/Beefy as consultants instead of just as voices - they would've picked that issue up on day one.

potholes

School Cricketer
starting confidence level

I don't know if someone has already suggested this, but I would like to see batsmen begin their innings with a fairly low confidence level. I mean, everyone is nervous at the beginning of an innings...

Does anyone know if the PC community modders know if they can fix this?

Oh, and what's with the rubbish replay camera angles...you can't even see what's going on. There should be some close-up, slo-mo replays of edges, boundaries, and non-bowled/lbw wickets.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

I would like to see my bike's front tyre patched!:D It's been standing in the garage for over a week now and still no sign of Codemasters! God their support sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I would like to see my bike's front tyre patched!:D It's been standing in the garge for over a week now and still no sign of Codemasters! God their support sucks!

This was a message put up recently by the developers of the upcoming Cricket Revolution game:

"We plan on patching the game at regular intervals, so you can expect to see such changes with every patch."

Bit of a difference to Codemasters, eh?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nice one, Dutch!

I have been playing for a long time today and I actually think the fact that 9/10 dismissals are catches in the cover area needs patching even more than the AI's runrates. I haven't had a single thin edge to keeper and I've hardly had a catch to slip. One or two LBWs, no clean bowled dismissals.

D

Dutch

Yes although I did speak to someone who had heard from somebody that they had known somebody who heard someone else say that they had seen Elvis, Rubbergenius and Helios playing poker in a bar in Miami!:laugh)

dutchad added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

This was a message put up recently by the developers of the upcoming Cricket Revolution game:

"We plan on patching the game at regular intervals, so you can expect to see such changes with every patch."

Bit of a difference to Codemasters, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
So what your saying is I should bowl on what is a good length in real life, and never hit the stumps or get an lbw, and be smashed all over the park because the developers class a good length as a bad ball.

Yeah that will be fun.

If you are playing offline then you are right but if you play online then you can get a lot of wickes by catches in the slips, cover etc.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Guys this was posted on the codemasters forum about the patch on 27th august. And this is the only time codemasters official had anything to say about the patch up to now

Hi all,

I'm not in a position to be able to update you regarding any possible future patches at present, but please know that the team are actively monitoring these boards and taking note of the bugs that you are reporting.

Please keep on letting us know about any issues you find with the game, because as I said previously they are being closely monitored.

As soon as I get any further updates I will be sure to let you all know.

diaskasun added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

cant really say its very possitive but it is the first time we know that, they know there are lot of bugs in the game !!!

D

Dutch

Guys this was posted on the codemasters forum about the patch on 27th august. And this is the only time codemasters official had anything to say about the patch up to now

Hi all,

I'm not in a position to be able to update you regarding any possible future patches at present, but please know that the team are actively monitoring these boards and taking note of the bugs that you are reporting.

Please keep on letting us know about any issues you find with the game, because as I said previously they are being closely monitored.

As soon as I get any further updates I will be sure to let you all know.

diaskasun added 3 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

cant really say its very possitive but it is the first time we know that, they know there are lot of bugs in the game !!!

Cheers. It's at least a sign of life and I don't have to worry anymore that Helios has dissapeared into his namesake. However monitoring bugs is more something you would expect David Attenborough to be doing and does'nt necessarily mean solutions are imminent! However I am relieved to know that Helios is still alive and well!:)

punjabi_mc29

School Cricketer
This is what I want Codemasters to sort out as soon as possible:

- Sort out the long loading times when you start the game
- Sort out the aggressive A.I. Even in tests, I get wacked for 6 at the start.
- A better player editor/more features to creating your player
- Try to get licensed tournaments/ players / team uniforms
- Realistic speeds for fast bowlers (The highest I've bowled is 125kphs)

jamershepp

School Cricketer
Nice one, Dutch!

I have been playing for a long time today and I actually think the fact that 9/10 dismissals are catches in the cover area needs patching even more than the AI's runrates. I haven't had a single thin edge to keeper and I've hardly had a catch to slip. One or two LBWs, no clean bowled dismissals.

I have three at slip with a space between each one and i produce catches there at least 2 3 times each innings.

jamershepp added 13 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

What the main things i want sorted out are;
The ai run rates(fed up of having to save every over).
Maybe another difficulty or improve the ai batting and bowling.
The little gitches example;running past stumps to bowl and stumps come off and batsmen stands still, if on target you have just got a free wicket.
Also make the ai play more sensibly especially in test matches(my favourite matches).
The fielders glitches; AI fielders both leave the ball for each other, what the hell?
Fielders dive to prevent boundaries, surely they would dive when few inches from ball right? but no you would be wrong.

Of course theres more things to add unfortunately, but cant think of more of the top of my head. Im also very happy tho by the news of comments from codemaster/transmission who ever deals with the emails ect. I do believe if these issues are sorted it will be a brilliant top class cricket game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Another annoying thing is once a bowler reaches 'timid' it's tremendously difficult to get him back up to even confident. Surely, at the beginning of a spell, especially at the beginning of a day, a bowler's minimum should be 'confident'? If a wicket is taken, that should immediately put him up to confident as well.

Users who are viewing this thread