What would you like to see patched?

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Guys I have some news, this was the reply I got today from codis to one of my mails about getting the game patch. Maybe they are working on it ?.

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Ashes Cricket 2009.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we have passed them on to the producer of the game and our design team.

Unfortunately at the current moment in time we don't have a release date for a patch.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

{|CALLID|}=02095748

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards
Jorn
Codemasters Customer Services

diaskasun added 8 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

guys keep up on pushing them we all can make this happend, email them call them if you can as much as possible ,, we'l get the patch out in no time

Eon

Club Cricketer
yea we wont a good patch... one that fixes things and doesnt mess up other things... if anyone has ufc undisputed 2009 and have gotten the patch... its pretty poo

dawack1

School Cricketer
Hi everyone, I'm a new user here :).

Well other than all the common things people have mentioned, I must say it really puts me off that you can't simulate multiple overs at a time (like you could with EA Cricket 07). You only have the option of simulating ONE over or a whole innings or match. Am I missing something here? PC version btw...

Also, I think they need to reduce the fielding fumbles - every time a player has to pick up the ball on the bounce, they fumble it. Quite unrealistic I reckon, they should only fumble sometimes.

Let's hope we get a patch soon.

dawack1

School Cricketer
We need the ability to simulate more than one over at a time!

sarkazm

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Wishes

Hi.

Full tournaments for T20 & 50 over games (World Cups).
Fully customizable content to create your own tours.
Improved animations in gameplay.
A cricket ball that actually looks like it's travelling over the ground.
Better camera angles.
Variation in ball travel for sixes - they don't all 'loop' over the boundary.
A cricket game that actually advances on the good points of previous titles instead of just applying icing and decorations.
The ability to play straight drives that go past the bowler and fieldsmen.
Better AI.

And, an ability to not be suckered in by the advertising because of my desperate need to own a decent cricket game!

Have Codies or EA ever released a patch for their cricket titles? I don't think so and I doubt very much if they'll start now. Codies have just cashed in big time - sales of the game show that. For them it'll be an indication that they've produced a good game. For us, it'll be, Oh no suckered in again.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi.

Better camera angles.
A cricket game that actually advances on the good points of previous titles instead of just applying icing and decorations.
Better AI.

And, an ability to not be suckered in by the advertising because of my desperate need to own a decent cricket game!

Have Codies or EA ever released a patch for their cricket titles? I don't think so and I doubt very much if they'll start now. Codies have just cashed in big time - sales of the game show that. For them it'll be an indication that they've produced a good game. For us, it'll be, Oh no suckered in again.

No chance. Everything you've asked for belongs in a wishlist thread for future games.

As for straight drives past the bowler, they are possible, you've just got to get the placement spot on.

I'm adding this to the first post:

After five or six overs, my bowlers are already losing stamina. The AI's bowlers on the other hand seem to be permanently rested.

The AI don't usually slog for too long, in my experience. Usually just a few overs, in my case. Maybe there's been a 'powerplay' trigger incorrectly implemented in Test Matches?

Last edited:

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
Hi.

Better camera angles.
Better AI.

You can play a straight drive. The only shot I have not been able to play has been the reverse sweep which is not a big deal.

Not all sixes loop over the boundary, you just have to learn to time and direct it better.

I think it is the best ever cricket game so I personally give them 8/10 for the game. Once the minor things are patched, my rating will go up to 10/10 .

My major issues with the game are:

1. Online players quitting without any penalties, it is not fun when you are playing a T20 game and the other player leaves when 9 wickets down and no hope to win. You have just wasted an hour or so.

2. The ability to move the bowling cursor, there is too much abuse online. Once it is fixed it should not be allowed to move to give the batsman a fair chance to play a decent shot. This combined with the abilty to swing/cut/spin etc. makes it hard for the batsman. The batsman could be preparing to play an on drive but the ball is moved from leg side to outside off stump at the last moment. Plus there should have been some sort of confidence meter so the bowler can not bowl the whole range at anytime. In real cricket you can not swing/spin at will.

Still a very enjoyable game, well done Codemansters and Tranmission!

Eon

Club Cricketer
In real cricket you can not swing/spin at will.

the rest i agree with but... when ever i want a ball to swing... it generally swings... spin not so much but i couldnt turn a ball on a 5th day pitch in kolkata lol

but yea if the ball has any kind of shine... it will swing for me. thats all

back on topic now haha

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
What I meant was that you can not swing it both ways at will. You may bowl out swinger or an in swinger as your normal delivery but you will find it very hard to swing it boty ways. Whethe you can bowl out swing or in swing will depend on you bowling action, that is side on or chest on and the way the ball leaves your hand etc. I would have like to see limited skills for each bowler in the game so the batsman can coutner attack better, the ability to bowl almost every ball in the book is a bit too unrealistic.

The only player I have seen in the history of test cricket to swing both ways on a regualr basis is perhaps Wasim Akram from Pakistan.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
The only player I have seen in the history of test cricket to swing both ways on a regualr basis is perhaps Wasim Akram from Pakistan.[/QUOTE]

Thats almost slanderous!!!:D

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This game has way too many problems to all be sorted by a patch, but I would settle for them sorting out the fact when you bowl what should be a good length it bounces two foot over the wicket.

But they are never going to sort that, just wish the developers knew what a good length was before they created the game.

P.S. A good length is not two feet away from the batsmen and a foot outside off stump, thats a half volley that should be spanked for four, game ruined, nuff said.

x Punjabi Killa

Club Cricketer
superfreddie, you could always move the bowling marker and bowl where it makes you happy. Bounce has nothing to do with good length, a good length is ball where the batsman is not sure to play at the front goot or back foot, he is caught in between. This will vary as the where the batsman stands in front of the batting crease. For example a good length ball to many batsman will be slightly overpitced to Matthew Hayden because he stands so far out of his batting crease.

Users who are viewing this thread