Review Planetcricket.net Official Review

alfa_beta

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
You could read that from the beta threads.

Call me lazy but I don't want to spend too much time going through all the posts and threads to figure out what's there in a patch. I would rather go through a couple of reviews to get all the info.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
I say we just wait till the patch is released, then maybe someone could review the game again. :)

And by the way there is a lot to read in the threads about the patch, but trust me it is all very intresting.

kishores_bin

School Cricketer
LBWs are pathetic. I think the codemasters total forgot the concept of lbw while designing this game I guess. The fileders appeal even when the ball hits way way outside the stumps. Probably a ball can hit the pads only at such directed balls I guess. :eek:

kishores_bin added 15 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

If codemasters are seeing. Stepping myself into a debugger shoes will point out the following blunders which need immediate attention to keep the game going crazy:-

1) Runout blunders.
2) How can I get out LBW in the game!!! Why do they appeal for a ball pitched yards away from the stumps.
3) Good length is not the half-volley region. I can hit the so called good length balls in this game through covers for 4 all day practically.
4) AI is pathetic. There are several instances where the CPU places aggressive fields when not required at all. For ex:- when i was at 101/0 after 6 overs and the field restictions off, there is only 1 fielder outside the ring. This make game players loose then interest in the game. Same with CPU batters pacing their innings.

+ lot more blunders. But the above 4 need to be addressed as soon as possible to make this an interesting game.

10dulkar

Club Cricketer
LBWs are pathetic. I think the codemasters total forgot the concept of lbw while designing this game I guess. The fileders appeal even when the ball hits way way outside the stumps. Probably a ball can hit the pads only at such directed balls I guess. :eek:

kishores_bin added 15 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

If codemasters are seeing. Stepping myself into a debugger shoes will point out the following blunders which need immediate attention to keep the game going crazy:-

1) Runout blunders.
2) How can I get out LBW in the game!!! Why do they appeal for a ball pitched yards away from the stumps.
3) Good length is not the half-volley region. I can hit the so called good length balls in this game through covers for 4 all day practically.
4) AI is pathetic. There are several instances where the CPU places aggressive fields when not required at all. For ex:- when i was at 101/0 after 6 overs and the field restictions off, there is only 1 fielder outside the ring. This make game players loose then interest in the game. Same with CPU batters pacing their innings.

+ lot more blunders. But the above 4 need to be addressed as soon as possible to make this an interesting game.

All these will be addressed in AC10 (not announced officially yet). Which is the quickest you can get.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
An excellent and very well written review. Looks like I'll be getting this soon.

Anyone in India got this? I would like to know the cost and where I can buy it. Unfortunately my father doesn't approve using his credit card online. And where can I get the beta patch once i buy it? Or does anyone recommend that I wait for AC 10? :)

EDIT: Downloading the demo right now. Can't wait to play it! :D

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cost in India is Rs. 500/-

Many guys here from Chennai have bought it. Contact Suren, he might be of help to you.

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Cost in India is Rs. 500/-

Many guys here from Chennai have bought it. Contact Suren, he might be of help to you.

Wow thanks man! I was expecting it to be more but 500 is an amazing price! How can I reach Suren by the way? I'm not that much of an active member over here to know many people. :D

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That's him. And he is online most of the time so shouldn't be a problem. :)

diimaan

School Cricketer
you can get it from landmark/odyssey or any malls...

i bought it from spencers landmark... :)

saiyaman

Club Cricketer
Thanks guys, finally got it now. Refreshing change with great controls after playing a lot of EA Cricket. :D

Panther

School Cricketer
dude it's not realistic thats all i'm gonna say.CPU plays test and odi as t20's in t20 they are playing like test and most of all the good length is the worst length and the slip catches never carries and the fake LBW appeals Crazy run outs i'm regretting buying this game i wish bought cricket revolution << graphics maybe bad but the gameplay is good and thats what i want codies u failed the task:doh

Users who are viewing this thread