noob questions

douglas93

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fairly new, only got this game for xmas so bear with me. First impressions are the batting is really good, actually feels good when you hit the ball. However I tend not to bother with bowling on cricket games as I dont have that much gaming time !

I have therefore been simulating the opponents innings, this seems to generate really low scores (this is in tests on hard). Playing against Pakistan/Sri Lanka etc seems to generate a score less than 200 nearly every time. At the moment this is ok as I am not scoring big runs myself, however once I get the hang of batting it could become too easy. I am on PS3 - is this just the way it is? seems a shame as the chances of a test going to 5 days are pretty slim.

also I seem to get out a lot trying to drive at balls that are wide of off stump, starting leaving them for now, is this a timing issue or do you have to wait until your batsmans been in a while (this was the case on the last EA version). Thanks for any help.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ Its is both. You have to time to ball close to perfect if you are new to the crease. When the batsman is settled,you can get away with poor timing and even get 4 runs.

D

Dutch

Fairly new, only got this game for xmas so bear with me. First impressions are the batting is really good, actually feels good when you hit the ball. However I tend not to bother with bowling on cricket games as I dont have that much gaming time !

I have therefore been simulating the opponents innings, this seems to generate really low scores (this is in tests on hard). Playing against Pakistan/Sri Lanka etc seems to generate a score less than 200 nearly every time. At the moment this is ok as I am not scoring big runs myself, however once I get the hang of batting it could become too easy. I am on PS3 - is this just the way it is? seems a shame as the chances of a test going to 5 days are pretty slim.

also I seem to get out a lot trying to drive at balls that are wide of off stump, starting leaving them for now, is this a timing issue or do you have to wait until your batsmans been in a while (this was the case on the last EA version). Thanks for any help.

Yes you need to play yourself in. Wait until your confidence level is "confident" or better. Unfortunately tests wont go for five days very often. In the beginning you get out cheaply; later on you bowl them out pretty cheaply. Thats just the way it is with games I suppose. once you are used to it you know the tricks. I would ahve a go at bowling though as it can be quite fun in itself and quite entertaining to try and weedel the batsmen out. Good luck!:)

Users who are viewing this thread