• AB de Villiers

Votes: 34 64.2%
  • Ian Bell

Votes: 19 35.8%

• Total voters

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why do you need these? And if you are going to post them at least put your views in the post aswel

adyhorn

County Cricketer
de Villiers is more exciting and can see off preasure better.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Ohh Mr Argumentative. If you want my opinion De Villiers as he not only is a good batsmen but is an excellent fielder and keeper.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
De Villiers because he's a very handy player as he can bat as well as keep and field equally well. De Villiers still has a fair way to go though and will most probably have been a much better cricket than Ian Bell at the end of both of their careers. That said, when Ian Bell is in hot form, his consistency is second to none and I do not think even a De Villiers in the form of his life could match an in-form Bell. Still, an in-form Bell seems to come few and far between and therefore, once again, I have to say, AB De Villiers > Ian Bell.

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
If you've got nothing better to add to this topic then I suggest you either don't open this thread or not post in it.

holdenator's right. You've just opened two other threads like this...and, you haven't even given your point of view. My two cents would be to just open ONE THREAD...and, keep changing the two batsmen who you want to compare over time, say weekly, so you won't be needing several threads. And, it's just advice - I'm not saying you have to do it.

I think De Villiers' versatility is what gives him the edge over Bell. Both are classy players, but, I feel De Villiers has a bit more consistency and is one of those players who can bat at any position successfully. Plus, being one of the world's best fielders(imo, he is) isn't very harmful either, is it? Bell can bat everywhere too, but I just don't see him as a successful opener, but he's definetely been one of the most improved players over the last few seasons. De Villiers for me though.

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Ab Devilliers is class but Bell has more tempermant as we saw on day 3 for example. De Villiers was under the pump and was under a lot of pressure and played a lose shot in the air. Yes it was a fantastic catch to get him out but thats beside the point. Ian Bell scored 199 in about 8 hours I think it was. He made sure he and KP got England to a comanding position.

India2011

Club Cricketer
Ian Bell has a fantastic technique, one of the best in the world in my opinion.

But he doesn't have the consistency of AB Devilieres. And I think AB is also a more complete, all round batsman.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Bell. This could be because he always plays a big innings against Pakistan so I've seen the better of him. I don't know about his other records but he looks to have the right technique.

Users who are viewing this thread