AC09 gameplay edit - First 'LOL' Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitterman

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay Patch BETA BY Hitterman

2-3 People asked me to do something with the gameplay file hence I tried something. I haven't tested it deeply. Please do post your feedbacks and also report bugs if you want me to work further.

Features:

*Improvements in the running between the wickets
*Improvements in the shots timing.
*Changes made in bowling variations and speeds.
*Changes made to edges and bowl swing & seem.
*Changes made to computer run rates.

Instructions:
Import global.wad in your startup/startup.wad archive using BIG Editor.

NOTE:Please use this at your own risk. This is the BETA version and the patch maker won't be responsible for any damage.

Credits:
Made by Hitterman

PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP OF BIG.W32 before installing this patch.

Last edited:

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
its global.db not global.wad

sounds good as it is the first patch
really thanks:hpraise
i can only test this in demo as i dont have full game here :(
anyway have you made an editor or you have edited using hex editor?

Viral Shah

International Coach
hey its was working. i have tried in the game.first time the game ran fine but now the game doesn't load only

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I find your work highly entertaining.

Who are the people that asked you "to fo with the gameplay file"? You have certainly done that job well.

hey its was working. i have tried in the game.first time the game ran fine but now the game doesn't load only
Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

Hitterman

International Coach
anyway have you made an editor or you have edited using hex editor?
I have used a custom byte writer which is something like Hex editor.

Who are the people that asked you "to fo with the gameplay file"? You have certainly done that job well.
One guy who asked me is the first person to reply in this thread ;)

Basically, the game may crash sometimes. Hence I want to know where the game crashes so that I can do something. Can someone please actually test it and post it whether there are any improvements or not? I was't able to test deeply.

Hitterman added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

@Sachin: you destroyed my game:p. The startup.wad file you sent me a week ago is from the demo and has corrupted my game:p

Anyways, I have re-installed again ;)

sachin_phoenix

Club Captain
hitterman i have tried your patch
the game is almost the same
timing and bowling is same
u should elaborate the improvements so that i can see the changes clearly
the v zone of the batsman is same

Hitterman

International Coach
Thanks phoenix for telling me that. I also wasn't expecting much changes but I have modified the values a bit. Don't know for what those values were.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I guess you didn't catch my drift. This is the opposite of a patch. Its more likely to create a hole than patch anything up.

You have modified dwords that precede strings that represent the name of a gameplay parameter thinking that they represent the value of that parameter. Well, they dont. If you were an astute observer, you would notice that they actually store the length of the string. The values are stored way below after some 77000 odd bytes.
I would not be surprised if your "patch" manages to crash the database serialiser.

To paraphrase, this patch does not work. It is so off the mark that it might even crash the game.

Last edited:

blaizeken007

School Cricketer
@phoenix-he's right...but the patch is good...it can be made loads better...good work hitterman...all reps to you...:hpraise to make the patch better,...
abbh can help:D

Hitterman

International Coach
I guess you didn't catch my drift. This is the opposite of a patch. Its more likely to create a hole than patch anything up.
I guessed it hence I sent you VM:p
You have modified dwords that precede strings that represent the name of a gameplay parameter thinking that they represent the value of that parameter. Well, they dont. If you were an astute observer, you would notice that they actually store the length of the string. The values are stored way below after some 77000 odd bytes.
I would not be surprised if your "patch" manages to crash the database serialiser.
Yeah, I thought that it's like the roster. The difference of bytes was also same hence I was confused. Do you have any idea how the values are stored? Are the values stored as characters or as dwords?

Hitterman added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

I think you and ABBH should combine and make a great gameplay patch.
AbBh alone can create something better than me:p. He don't need anyone else for help.

Hitterman

International Coach
But it can be better and you can also learn some new things from him and then you can make on your own.
I don't think so. He can make a good one himself but I think he may be busy atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread