AFL Toyota 2006 Premiership season (3 Footy Tpisters needed)

Roofrom50

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
AFL Toyota 2006 AFL Premiership Season

The 2006 AFL Premership season will kick off under way tonight at the M.C.G with Collingwood and Richmond battling it out under lights. The awaited 2006 footy season is here and what a weekend it is going to turn out to be. The AFL is ready to get Australia back on track and excited about the 2006 Premiership season under way.

The Off season

Kangaroos and the Gold Coast

Alot of contreversy over the Pre Season this year. The Kangaroos have been approved by the AFL that they can play 8 matches at the Gold Coast. The AFL agreed to this bid that the Kangaroos have been trying to produce for a few years now. Kangaroos coach Dean Laidley had this to say "Well, you know we are excited to be playing 8 matches up in the Gold Coast this year, we would like to thank the AFL in giving us this oppourtunity, and we urge for Kangaroos memebers to get up and go to those matches, we would like a big crowd up there. You know we will get alot of wins up there". Laidley was asked if the Kangaroos would like to officially move to the Gold Coast, and said this. "Well we are just happy at the moment getting 8 matches up there, so we will take it one year at a time, but we are trying to produce good scores and crowds up there so the AFL would look further into the issue. But sure, we would like to, some day be training and playing all our home matches at the Gold Coast".

Channel 7 outbids Channel 9

Channel 7 will be back to hosting the AFL in season 2006. Channel 7 who has been out of the AFL for 5 years, has come back and wants to call the AFL again. Over the Pre Season, it was a bidding war for 7 and 9, but in the end, Channel 9 gave up and Channel 7 will now host the AFL. Foxtel has also got into the bidding, with earlier in the year saying that they would like to have a break from calling the AFL, but now they have also got rights to hosting games this year. Channel 7 will host the Friday Night matches, and the Sunday Afternoon matches. Channel 10 will hold a Saturday Night Match, Sunday Afternoon Match and a Saturday Afternoon Match. While Foxtel will take a Saturday Afternoon, Saturday Night and a Sunday Afternoon Matches. The Channel 7 team will be led by Bruce McAvaney, Dennis Cometti (Who came from Channel 9) David Schwarze and Liam Pickering doing the boundary.

So all things have been going on in the off season, i think that the AFL would just like to get the footy started and forget about the whole off season, and just get on with the footy. And so would the crowds. And it kicks off tonnight at the M.C.G with Collingwood taking on Richmond Round 1 action......... stayed tuned

2006 AFL Captains

Adelaide: Mark Ricciuto

Brisbane: Simon Black

Carlton: Brendon Fevola

Collingwood: James Clement

Essendon: Matthew Lloyd

Fremantle: Peter Bell

Geelong: Cameron Ling

Hawthorn: Shane Crawford

Kangaroos: Adam Simpson

Melbourne: David Neitz

Port Adelaide: Warren Tredrea

Richmond: Kane Johnson

St.Kilda: Nick Riewoldt

Sydney: Barry Hall

West Coast: Chris Judd

Western Bulldogs: Brad Johnson

captainsrs0.jpg

Last edited:

Roofrom50

International Coach
Thanks mate. I just thought of something aswell. I would like 3 people to sign up for the Footy Tipping in the game. This way people can get involved with the story and all. I will give rep points out to people who gets the highest score for the week. The Rules are, pick your tips, and for the friday night match, pick the winner and how much you think the're gunna win by. 1st 3 poeple to say there in, can participate. People who do sign up, will have to visit this story constantly. Because i will be updating alot lol. Even if u dont know squat about AFL, give it a go, and earn some Rep points :rolleyes:

1. Pinchinator
2. Etho11
3. Tobes

Last edited:

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
put me down for it

Roofrom50

International Coach
Ok well we have our 3 tippers. Get ur tips in asap so we can get started

Roofrom50

International Coach
Round 1

Friday
Richmond vs Collingwood - M.C.G

Saturday
St.Kilda vs Carlton - M.C.G
Geelong vs Essendon - Telstra Dome
Port Adelaide vs Kangaroos - Aami

Sunday
Sydney vs Brisbane - S.C.G
West Coast vs Fremantle - Subiaco
Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide - Tesltra Dome
Hawthorn vs Melbourne - M.C.G

Mr. Kurns

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Friday
Richmond vs Collingwood - M.C.G Collingwood by 23

Saturday
St.Kilda vs Carlton - M.C.G St Kilda by 42
Geelong vs Essendon - Telstra Dome Geelong by 5
Port Adelaide vs Kangaroos - Aami Port Adelaide by 32

Sunday
Sydney vs Brisbane - S.C.G Sydney by 59
West Coast vs Fremantle - Subiaco West Coast by 3
Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide - Tesltra Dome Bulldogs by 15
Hawthorn vs Melbourne - M.C.G Hawthorn by 21

etho11

International Cricketer
Collingwood 35 Points
St.Kilda
Geelong
Port Adelaide
Sydney
West Coast
Adelaide
Hawthorn

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Geelong's Skipper is Tom Harley, Ling is the vice captain. I just got your PM, but it seems as if you have enough, so I'll just read this instead, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread