Afro-Asia Cup

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can you please tell me the time and date.

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
fardin said:
Can you please tell me the time and date.
I think you haven't read the first page.... :rolleyes:
The matches will be played in South Africa on 17, 20 and 21 August and have been awarded full ODI status.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The squad has been changed heavily cause of some injuries and withdrawals. I hope Kemp will play for Africa. It will be entertaining to see him.

This is the current squad now:

Africa Graeme Smith (capt), Shaun Pollock, Boeta Dippenaar, AB de Villiers, Jacques Kallis, Ashwell Prince, Mark Boucher (wk), Monde Zondeki, Jacques Rudolph, Nicky Boje, Justin Ontong, Steve Tikolo, Collins Obuya, Thomas Odoyo, Heath Streak, Tatenda Taibu, Dale Steyn, Justin Kemp.

Asia Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Virender Sehwag, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Sanath Jayasuriya, Yousuf Youhana, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzak, Muttiah Muralitharan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza, Anil Kumble, Shoaib Akhtar.

http://content.cricinfo.com/afroasiacup/content/story/215652.html

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
ZexyZahid said:
This is the current squad now:
Asia Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Virender Sehwag, Kumar Sangakkara (wk), Sanath Jayasuriya, Yousuf Youhana, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzak, Muttiah Muralitharan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mashrafe Mortaza, Anil Kumble, Shoaib Akhtar.
Still No Ganguly :eek:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
& I think Dravid has opted himself out.

Last edited:

scorpion_rulezz

Club Cricketer
bharat said:
& I think Dravid has opted out himself.
yes
Afro-Asia Cup hit by more withdrawals
The inaugural edition of the Afro-Asian Cup, to be played in South Africa this month, lost more sheen following the withdrawal of Rahul Dravid who withdrew from the three-match series citing personal reasons. SK Nair, the Indian board secretary, said that Dravid had informed them of his unavailability, and that the board had asked the Asian Cricket Council to make a suitable replacement in the Asian team.
http://content.cricinfo.com/afroasiacup/content/story/215652.html

jeromedascorp

Club Cricketer
I like the idea of this tournament. I think it give a but more focus on africa in cricket.

But I dont like the idea of these tournaments being included in the same stats. I think should be separate like a separate column for "Asian XI ODIs" Same thing when they have world 11, etc. Just dont think that the players play with the same amount of true pride and seriousness. Most of the time in these matches you see players having fun even when they are getting whipped.

Ryand

Club Cricketer
Cant wait to see collins obuya again,but he has stiff competition from boje.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
jeromedascorp said:
I like the idea of this tournament. I think it give a but more focus on africa in cricket.

But I dont like the idea of these tournaments being included in the same stats. I think should be separate like a separate column for "Asian XI ODIs" Same thing when they have world 11, etc. Just dont think that the players play with the same amount of true pride and seriousness. Most of the time in these matches you see players having fun even when they are getting whipped.
Agreed. Having these matches and the Tsunami relief game, and the Super Series included in official ODI stats just makes a mockery of the whole thing. Especially when the Association of Cricket Statisticians disagrees with the ICC of this. Some have even said that if any records are broken, they won't count them.

It's even more ridiculous when you consider than the matches played as part of World Series Cricket do not even have first class or list A status.

I say, have a new column for Super Tests and Super ODIs (unless a better name can be come up with), and add in all the games mentioned above, along with the World Series Cricket games.

hassan

International Coach
Its good to give them ODI Status and i hope they play like ODI with competetion...and to replace dravid what about Tendulkar or Ganguly

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
No Jayasuriya too.

And i agree with andrew...
The Icc should have a diff column for the records of super tests and all as i see them becoming a regular feature in the near future.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Has any1 found out what channel is broadcasting?

All I know is the SuperSport is broadcasting the match on SuperSport 7, but I only get SuperSport 1, 2, and 3

Any Ideas?

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
zMario said:
Has any1 found out what channel is broadcasting?

All I know is the SuperSport is broadcasting the match on SuperSport 7, but I only get SuperSport 1, 2, and 3

Any Ideas?
Zee TV as well.

Users who are viewing this thread