South Africa tour of New Zealand, 2023-24

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
South Africa travel to meet the one-time World Test Champions in a Test series without any of the players selected to play in their own domestic league. It's a bold strategy, Cotton...

Neil Brand makes his debut today as his team's captain, opening batter and main spin bowler. What a time to be alive.

Will edit this post with relevant details later on, unless of course I forget.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
New Zealand have three. :lol

Saw the first session. Moreki and Paterson bowled well but it just looked like Williamson was biding his time to score a 100.

Does Mount Maunganui have a good record for spinners? I believe there are a couple of grounds where spinners are borderline useless in New Zealand, not sure if this is one of them.

SA’s strength lies in their batting with this team which is a very unusual thing to say of their team in a long time. They’ve further gone with three bowlers and two all-rounders to augment that.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Does Mount Maunganui have a good record for spinners? I believe there are a couple of grounds where spinners are borderline useless in New Zealand, not sure if this is one of them.

SA’s strength lies in their batting with this team which is a very unusual thing to say of their team in a long time. They’ve further gone with three bowlers and two all-rounders to augment that.
Mominul Haque averages 6.5 with the ball at Mount Maunganui. Clearly this has informed the selection.

Phillips has probably earned his place as an all rounder, Ravindra is there to primarily bat. Santner ahead of Wagner is perhaps the curious pick with those two in the side, given that Wagner has an excellent record there.

Bevab

Staff Member
Mominul Haque averages 6.5 with the ball at Mount Maunganui. Clearly this has informed the selection.

Phillips has probably earned his place as an all rounder, Ravindra is there to primarily bat. Santner ahead of Wagner is perhaps the curious pick with those two in the side, given that Wagner has an excellent record there.

Think Wagner’s been cooked for a long time. Those spells against the Lankans and your boys last year somehow kept his reputation from completely tanking. Santner in for him is a bit weird though.

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
I get that this team is new, but come on

1707106256766.png

Bevab

Staff Member
Fortuin really is a Proteas version of Bharat.

How on earth did Qeshile not play ahead of him?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I was expecting NZ to score 500 again in the 2nd essay and set a target of 1000 to SA.

Users who are viewing this thread