AI patch is now ready - Need testers

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Any volunteers for the AI patch?

The possible list of changes are :

1. More swing, seam for Test cricket. Now you can see some balls seaming and flying past the bat as in real life.

2. ODI CPU batting update : No more crash, bang, wallop style of cricket from CPU in 50 overs ODI matches. The CPU will pace the inning quite well; will not try and heave every other ball.

3. Less number of edges, the edges now at times carry and at times not. No more easy catches to the Wicket Keeper alone, the edges may fly anywhere in the slips region and taking off any close fielders may prove costly.

Plenty more changes like Direction of shots, variety of direction for a shot et al. This may not be the final version of the patch but is a heads up to what may come in future.

We are needing testers for this patch who have time for providing feedbacks on the patch and are quite versed with Cricket 2004 on hard mode.

Cheers.

Add to this also may be field changes after having consulted with Phil, so its all going good for now guys. :cool:

Last edited:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by sangam
count me in

Sure will mate, maybe we wont really need too many to start with given the early days. We can do with couple of admins, lets see if there are many wanting to have a go at all.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I want to test the patch

Hi Ravi,

Please do send me the patch and I will test and send you the feedback today as I have on off from Job today. Is the patch for HARD Mode or for all the mode. Do send me the patch at [email protected].

BABAI

Note:If you want to enjoy Cricket 2004 play in easy mode :D

crick4life

International Cricketer
Hi Babai,

You will need to wait a day or two more to get the patch. This is to ensure it wont wreck havoc on your current copy, please oblige.

Cheers,

Ravi

Hero

Club Captain
I am also ready to test your patch.My email id is [email protected] you should also save the original files in case of any one who wants to go to original although it is crap in some aspects if possible.I really appreciate your efforts.Thanks in advance.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Thanks for all your reply guys, will send you all a copy. Just waiting to sort of couple of issues before sending it to you guys.

Rahul

International Cricketer
btw ravi u found how to edit the fields yet???

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by rahulm5
btw ravi u found how to edit the fields yet???

Yes and no Rahul, presently am able to change the default field for CPU. What CPU right now does is based on number of shots played in one direction, it moves one extra fielder from the outfield to the position where runs are coming from. Unfortunately the developers also continued to plug runs behind keeper(byes) by employing a Long Wicket Keeper which is simply mindless. The reason I am bringing this up is because right now I am able to change the field to employ a slip and a short backward point in the first few overs for the edges when CPU bowls but at times the CPU is moving one from close in to outfield which is not too good. Still a bit of work needed on this one as the numbers denoting field has simply changed in Cricket 2004 as compared to Cricket 2002 as well.

In short the field settings are a possible change and wont be long before we guys unlock it. :cool:

tutsipoppy2

International Coach
i'm finding the game quite challenging even on the normal mode.

can u plz add ODI CPU Batting Update for 10 and 20 overs coz i like playing short games rather than long 50 overs game.

also can u reduce the time it takes to bowl every ball. like in batting we can press button 1 to speed up the bowling process but while bowling we have to wait for atleast 5 sec. or so before we can bowl a ball. can u also change that coz its really painfull.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
the first gmaeplay patch seemed to change the cpu pacing for 20 and 10 over games...they got about 90 in a 60 over match on hard so it was very fun

unlike bout 140 or so before

this is on hard mode btw

Users who are viewing this thread