Profile Flag
India
@AsadRM Go ahead with your pick. VC is late

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Rohit Sharma, aka The Hitman. Scorer of three double centuries in ODI cricket, but don't let his lazy elegance fool you - he is also India's most prolific six hitter of all time with a total of 423 sixes from 364 matches in all formats, and prior to Eoin Morgan's brutal onslaught against the hapless Afghans, held the record for the most sixes hit in an ODI innings with 16. I can think of no better man to open the innings in a format such as this. And did I also mention that he has an IPL hat-trick to his name?

VC's XI

1) :ind: :bat: Rohit Sharma
2)
3) :jam: :ar: Andre Russell
4) :saf: :ar: Lance Klusener
5)
6)

@AsadRM

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kl Rahul
The Indian wicket keeping batsman is my next pick. Rahul is one of the most versatile cricketers you would ever see. His flair and finesse is outstanding and surely he is destined for an illustrious career.

Asad's XI:
:ind: Kl Rahul :wkb:

:saf: AB de Villiers :wkb:
:pak: Abdul Razzaq :ar:

@Yash.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
My pick, to open alongside Gilly, would be the six machine, Chris Lynn

No one, I repeat, No one in the world can hit sixes to fast (even the fastest bowlers) bowlers, with such ease as Lynn hits it, whether it Launching The Wild Thing, out of the Gabba, and then replying with a wink.
Or
Hitting 5 consecutive sixes to Ben Hilfenhaus, at the world’s largest ground

Whenever the Lynnsanity hits, the balls don’t stay inside the boundary.

1. :aus: :bat: Chris Lynn
  2. :aus: :wkb: Adam Gilchrist
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. :wi: :ar: Sunil Narine
  6. ?
[DOUBLEPOST=1589964391][/DOUBLEPOST]@Aislabie its your turn.
Also, in the first post, you have mentioned that I picked McCullum, whereas I picked Gilly.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Kl Rahul
The Indian wicket keeping batsman is my next pick. Rahul is one of the most versatile cricketers you would ever see. His flair and finesse is outstanding and surely he is destined for an illustrious career.

Asad's XI:
:ind: Kl Rahul :wkb:

:saf: AB de Villiers :wkb:
:pak: Abdul Razzaq :ar:

@Yash.

Err... I'm not sure if that is a wise choice unless you intend to give an over to AbD...

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
64265.jpg

:aus: :ar: Ian Harvey

T20 stats
: SR: 156.21, b/6: 22.40 in 54 matches
Peak performance: 100* (50) and 4-0-24-1 vs Warwickshire, 2003

Ian Harvey, affectionately known as "Freak", was an energetic Action Man of an all-rounder never content with not being the most exciting player on the field. Never was this more apparent than against Warwickshire in 2003; on a difficult two-paced Edgbaston track, the home side had stumbled their way to a total of 134 from their 20 overs. Only Jonathan Trott, Collins Obuya and Graeme Wagg managed to score at over a run a ball. In reply, Ian Harvey strode out and flayed an unbeaten century from 50 balls at the top of the Gloucestershire order. Although not the most prolific six-hitter, preferring to hit over and around the infield into unusual areas, he still has one of the highest Twenty20 strike rates of all time and finished the 2003 season with an average over 60 and a strike rate over 170. His bowling, full of clever changes of pace and the like, will be very useful too,

@Aislabie 's VI:
1. :eng: :bat: Graeme Hick
2. :nzf: :wk: Brendon McCullum
4. :aus: :ar: Ian Harvey

@Bevab

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:aus::ar:Shane Watson

One of the greatest all-rounders in limited overs cricket, Watson will offer my team the brutal ability to predominantly score off boundaries that will be required in this format firstly. An even bigger reason for his inclusion will be his ability to bowl either upfront or at the death. He has been the best player in both a T20 World Cup and the IPL, two of the biggest exhibitions of destructive cricket and would no doubt be the MVP in this format too, particularly given the shortness of it which would help his fragile body from breaking down.

@CerealKiller

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Err... I'm not sure if that is a wise choice unless you intend to give an over to AbD...
No way....I completely forgot that. :(

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Tony Greig

tony-grieg-1_2438891b.jpg

With this pick I intend to make other teams "grovel". During his time he was one of the best batting all-rounders to play the game. Could score quickly and bowl both medium pace and spin

1. :wi: :ar: Chris Gayle
  2. :eng: :ar: Tony Greig
  3. :ind: :wkb: MS Dhoni
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

@El Loco you have the next two picks

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
For all the thought that I've put in to what a cricketer's individual finesse could bring to the team, this is after all Cricket Sixes and it's now time for some heavy hitters, away with the fundamentals.

lloyd.jpg

He might be more well-known for his astute captaincy responsible for masterminding the West Indies' rise to a Test cricketing powerhouse, since his playing ability was often overshadowed by the incredible amount of sheer talent he had at his disposal. However with a huge 6'5" frame and powerful shoulders built for destruction, Clive Lloyd was a flamboyant destroyer of bowling attacks famed for his big hitting, he smashed no less than 77 sixes in his career.
It was this impressive penchant for hitting that rescued his team from the lurch at 50/3 against Australia in the 1975 World Cup final. Rohan Kanhai played anchor at one end while at the other, Lloyd took control of the scoreboard single-handedly by scoring a century off 82 balls, Kanhai did not register a single run for 11 overs.

He will also chip in with an over of part-time albeit useful medium pace.

1. :sri::ar: Sanath Jayasuriya
2. :eng::wk: Jos Buttler
5. :wi::bat: Clive Lloyd :c:

Second pick to follow.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
TShaw.jpg

What an exciting player this man could be on his day, his crowd pleasing style suits this format down to the ground. He broke the record for the most sixes in an innings twice over his career, the first time he did this he smashed 152 off 55 balls against Sussex, the highest T20 score ever in England with a whopping 16 sixes.
Plus let's not forget the nifty line in seam bowling that complements Graham Napier's hard-hitting batting. His stock delivery frequently reached 90+ mph and he regularly banged in yorkers at the death that even the most accomplished of batsmen would find difficult to dispatch in the closing overs.
Napier was almost the complete one-day cricketer and it is a massive shame that injury proneness meant that an England appearance ultimately evaded the Essex legend.

Now for the innings in question:

1. :sri::ar: Sanath Jayasuriya
2. :eng::wk: Jos Buttler
4. :eng::ar: Graham Napier
5. :wi::bat: Clive Lloyd :c:

@ahmedleo414

Users who are viewing this thread