All Time ODI Cricket Draft <---Shravis uppp

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Out of 45-50 tbch. Someone like Ponting would be a 45, a Clarke would be 42, White would be 38, etc.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
I always felt using averages was dodgy. Someone like Gilchrist or Sehwag averages 35/34, which definitely isn't their full value to a team.

Num

Club Cricketer
Just use the averages. Cricsim works on Bowling and Batting averages anyways.

Does it work on strike rates as well? That would bring the players Gazza mentioned, Gilchrist and Sehwag (as well as other players) closer to their full value to a team.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
No strike rates, but players with lower batting averages are usually more explosive, and with higher bowling averages more economical.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It's just pointless if there are no strike rates. This is an ODI draft. I'm out.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Agree with Shrav. It's largely pointless if strike-rates aren't taken into consideration. Someone else can sim it if they like, but I'm not going to bother.

Num

Club Cricketer
I guess a poll for members to vote for what they consider to be the best team is the way to go then?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
You could just multiply average by strike rate/100.
Sehwag would get 34.25 x 1.0351 = 35.45
Michael Clarke by comparison would get 42.31 x 0.7747 = 32.78

But then you've got the problem of adjusting for eras too. I mean take my #4 Allan Lamb who's strike rate of 75 was a pretty decent one back in the 80s. Now it would be below average. And for bowlers it's worse. Joel Garner's RPO was a smidge above 3. The modern day bowlers are greats if they get below 4 RPO.

If someone has a set of ratings from another source we can steal I'd like to see a sim done just for fun. But honestly, creating a set of ratings from scratch sounds like way too much effort just so we can declare someone a winner...

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Just bumping this one, as we have another two coming up. New drafters can look through this and find out how we did it last time.

I think it's fair to say I 'won' this one :p

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Just bumping this one, as we have another two coming up. New drafters can look through this and find out how we did it last time.

I think it's fair to say I 'won' this one :p

Not really. All teams can claim to be the best except for Cricketman and Stinky.

Matthew Hayden
+ Adam Gilchrist
Mohammad Azharuddin
Mohamamd Yousuf
Martin Crowe
Javed Miandad
Kapil Dev
Mitchell Johnson
Andy Roberts
Dennis Lillee
Saqlain Mushtaq

That was mine.