An Apology from Wisden Cricinfo to Justin Langer

bomber

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
During the ball-by-ball scoring of the ING Cup match between Western Australia and Queensland on Friday 13 February 2004 an offensive comment regarding Justin Langer briefly appeared on the Baggy Green website, which is powered by Wisden Cricinfo.

Wisden Cricinfo immediately removed the comment and instigated an investigation into the circumstances under which it was published.

It appears that the scorer responsible for commentary of the match inadvertently uploaded part of a private internet conversation onto the site. As soon as he realised the error he took steps to remove it, but the publication process meant that it was live for approximately 65 seconds. The person responsible has been removed from our list of contributors with immediate effect. The comment was the personal opinion of the individual and in no way reflects the views of Wisden Cricinfo.

Wisden Cricinfo deeply regrets the error and apologises to Justin Langer and his friends and family for any distress the comment caused.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Anyone else believe that his (the scorer's) excuse was p*ss poor?

In the Daily Telegraph (Sydney) today CricInfo state that it was accidently entered....hmmmm

Apparently, the scorer has been suspended for the rest of the season.

madmattg

International Cricketer
Interesting comment.

Funny when you there is a slip and you see what is going on behind the scenes.

SteveG

Club Cricketer
Like most of you, I check out CricInfo scores when I can't get to the telly (usually when I'm at work) and from time to time there are comments made that are biased. Not very professional from Wisden/CricInfo...you expect a little bit more than that from them.

Whether Langer is a 'brown nose gnome' or not... :)

Users who are viewing this thread