• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just checking guys, I have had to further tweak it quite a lot to finally arrive at one that's good for test cricket.
Few teething issues like the bad balls from spinners not being punished enough, not playing many strokes at the beginning
of the inning, keeping up with a healthy run rate (as in current international cricketing trend), batsmen going beserk after scoring 50 et al have been sorted in the one on my pc for some time. I just didn't bother to publish the current
version thinking everyone pretty much will have their own settings thanks to Prakash for making it easy to customize the CPU.
I suppose there will not be too many using my patch what with newer and better patches available on this forum as well.

Last edited:

brad352

Executive member
Just checking guys, I have had to further tweak it quite a lot to finally arrive at one that's good for test cricket.
Few teething issues like the bad balls from spinners not being punished enough, not playing many strokes at the beginning
of the inning, keeping up with a healthy run rate (as in current international cricketing trend), batsmen going beserk after scoring 50 et al have been sorted in the one on my pc for some time. I just didn't bother to publish the current
version thinking everyone pretty much will have their own settings thanks to Prakash for making it easy to customize the CPU.
I suppose there will not be too many using my patch what with newer and better patches available on this forum as well.
I don't play at all because all the patches are way too easy and it's not worth the effort to edit the configs myself

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
Would you mind releasing another version of your patch with your current setup. I have tried modifyiing myself but theres a lot I don't understand. Your v10 is what im using at the moment so if you've improved it then that would be great if you could release it.

Many thanks

tommyhorn33

School Cricketer
would love for u 2 release patch in same
formula as I am a bit thick and cannot
install these new patches since tutsi 5.3

Radaga

International Coach
I was playing your for a while Ravi, but i started making my own patch then i stopped.

I edited the batting a bit because i found it a bit easy.

I liked using it, just the main problem for me was that i could bowl the CPU out cheaply by using spinners a lot.

crick4life

International Cricketer
I am assured the spinners issue is supposedly sorted. I will upload it sometime today. Maybe it will need a little bit of tweaking to personally suit you guys. I have tried few new tweaks in the current version like probability of CPU going for pull shots when pitched short of good length. It feels very good as I play with a software called !xspeed that fastens the game starting from 1.14 x to 256 x. The ideal one I have found is 1.51 for test matches and 1.41 for ODIs. I suggest you guys use the software mentioned as well to ensure the game will be tough enough. Each time the game starts growing on you, you can up the speed by .10. The software moves the cursor around quite a bit making it hard to find a good spot every ball when bowling. It?s an achievement if you are able to bowl 2 balls in a row on the same spot. Even for batting you will have less time to execute a shot making it hard to time the shot. You may find it really hard to start with even when set to 1.14 but you will get used to it after a while. Then you can up the speed by more to keep it interesting. I will upload the new setting sometime today.

Prakash

Executive member
i use them although i feel that the advance power shots are way too powerful

tomcress2000

Club Cricketer
Originally posted by crick4life
I am assured the spinners issue is supposedly sorted. I will upload it sometime today. Maybe it will need a little bit of tweaking to personally suit you guys. I have tried few new tweaks in the current version like probability of CPU going for pull shots when pitched short of good length. It feels very good as I play with a software called !xspeed that fastens the game starting from 1.14 x to 256 x. The ideal one I have found is 1.51 for test matches and 1.41 for ODIs. I suggest you guys use the software mentioned as well to ensure the game will be tough enough. Each time the game starts growing on you, you can up the speed by .10. The software moves the cursor around quite a bit making it hard to find a good spot every ball when bowling. It?s an achievement if you are able to bowl 2 balls in a row on the same spot. Even for batting you will have less time to execute a shot making it hard to time the shot. You may find it really hard to start with even when set to 1.14 but you will get used to it after a while. Then you can up the speed by more to keep it interesting. I will upload the new setting sometime today.

Good stuff mate, will give it ago when you release it

msamina

Club Cricketer
Thanks for releasing another patch. I have been using yours for quite sometime. I tried Radaga's. It is a bit too hard for me. I tried Tutsi's. It is bit easy for me. I find that your patches suits me well even though the back-foot straight drive seems to behave like a cover drive.

Are you going to release it for a no-kits GOB? I do not have any installed.

crick4life

International Cricketer
How are you Murali, been some time since you posted. I agree with the back foot straight drive from Ver 10. There's quite a lot of changes this time around including the back foot straight drive which can now be hit between extra covers to widish mid on.

On the other hand thanks to Prakash for that awesome import/export option he has introduced in the latest config editor we will not need to bother what GOB file you have right now. We won't need a fresh GOB and the size of the file to download will be less than 100 kb.

I am sorry for not having released it yet but there were few things that needed tweaking prior releasing. I only want to make sure everything is covered as much as possible and then release it rather than go around fixing it every other day. Also Ragada will be taking over this patch from me and will be carrying on with any changes to it in future. I want to give it my best shot and then sign if off for one last time (hopefully ;) )

Last edited:

msamina

Club Cricketer
I am fine, thank you, Ravi. How about you? I do visit the forums quite often, but I was just not posting too much. I guess you have been quite busy. Have not been seeing you around the forums lately.

Glad to hear that we are getting more changes (patches) from you. I forgot about Prakash's Config editor with the Import/Export option.

I guess it is fair to say that a few of us are eagerly waiting for your patch. I also sincerely hope that you continue your good work instead of signing off ;) .

wilsonyonex

School Cricketer
Use your patch and would be delighted to get update with the tweaks you have mentioned, am not up to playing with the editors myself.

Users who are viewing this thread