TENNIS AO Tennis Playface

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anybody shed any light on how to use PlayFace please?

Without a guide it surely restricts its usefulness?

TIA

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Yes thats one part of AO Int Tennis that for me is a real shambles.

The so called guide tells you about Adobe Photoshop and the PSD template etc, I have messed around in Photoshop with the layers trying to add images over the PSD and its a real "if you know already how to use Photoshop to merge them you will probably be fine", otherwise the guide is pathetic.

Thank God for Llewelynf and that he has sussed out how to use it.

I think the sheer fact that there are (or were last time I checked a week or so ago) only a handful of Academy players downloadable with (PlayerFaces on them) that have been created by our Community proves that hardly anyone knows exactly how to use it. Questions were asked on a handful of posts in the BigAnt forums and hardly any advice in terms of how to use it was given as a response.

I know MikeyMerren though, as ever, has been really helpful generally, and he did resolve an issue with the sharing of PlayerFace created players, but even so, I can bet there are still only around 20 people in the world who know how to use the PSD template files properly in Photoshop.

Would love to be corrected on this...

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Can anybody shed any light on how to use PlayFace please?

Without a guide it surely restricts its usefulness?

TIA

Mike Merren said this a while ago, but I assume it's not high up on the list of things to do:

We've talked about doing a "how to" guide, It certainly needs some better info and I hope we can improve the way this is done going forward. I'll have a chat to the guys and see what we can do to improve the info we've given on how to do the faces.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Mike Merren said this a while ago, but I assume it's not high up on the list of things to do:

We've talked about doing a "how to" guide, It certainly needs some better info and I hope we can improve the way this is done going forward. I'll have a chat to the guys and see what we can do to improve the info we've given on how to do the faces.

Ok thanks for that. Shame nothing out there, will have to stumble in the dark then....

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok thanks for that. Shame nothing out there, will have to stumble in the dark then....
Have a look at a guy on YouTube called defract. His faces work on wwe but are pretty much the same principle. In the steam common apps folder are templates and basic guide.

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Here just to make life a little easier

Attachments

• playface.rar
    7.9 MB · Views: 251

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
The only not right on those templates are the eyes. They seem to have forgotten to add them. Here is my Murray and another template I made to show how the eyes work.

temp.jpg upload_2018-6-23_20-8-13.png

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Thank you so much for this, can now attempt to put my mug shot in the game when get the time :thumbs

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
The contents of the rar here from Llewelynf are the same as I downloaded a while back after he posted the same archive on the BigAnt forums.

The bit i cannot understand is how to stretch the photo image of a real player (or our own face) as Lleweynf has done for his Murray Playface, and I can state 100% that the job he did for Murray is excellent, I use the Murray Playface he created in my PC version of the game.

So Llewelynf, how on earth do you stretch the original face image to be the same proportions as the PSG template, as I think I can suss the Photoshop layering process out after i ran some tests a month of so ago but gave up in the end, its just knowing how to get the face stretched like this in the first place before applying it in Photoshop over the template.

Help! ;)

(just noticed the "defract" guy in YouTube you mentioned Llewelynf, I will check out what he demonstrates which i will assume explains the face stretching part of the process)

Okay I just checked out this video, and I noticed the face he blends in doesn't at any stage "stretch" out horizontally (maybe the WWE import method doesnt need the image stretched as per AOIT's method), so i am unsure how you managed to put Murray into the above stretched template format, I mean I can resize and stretch and edit photos as most of us can, but its knowing how you managed it in terms of the face in game then looking correctly proportioned and of course looking stretched in the PSG format,and of course when the process is done correctly once, it will work for all images that would be suitable in the game.

So any tips, Llewelynf, on how you created the above Murray importable face, would be very much appreciated!

Last edited:

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
So Llewelynf, how on earth do you stretch the original face image to be the same proportions as the PSG template, as I think I can suss the Photoshop layering process out after i ran some tests a month of so ago but gave up in the end, its just knowing how to get the face stretched like this in the first place before applying it in Photoshop over the template.

Help! ;)

I don't stretch it, but rather cut and paste individual features in the right place. It seems to work out better that way.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
CazCat will be all over this, imagine her mug beaming back at you from the other side of the net........makes one want to stand well behind the baseline!

Bloody hell, the real ugly face of modding surfaces if that was the case!!

Only kidding Cazcat!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
The contents of the rar here from Llewelynf are the same as I downloaded a while back after he posted the same archive on the BigAnt forums.

The bit i cannot understand is how to stretch the photo image of a real player (or our own face) as Lleweynf has done for his Murray Playface, and I can state 100% that the job he did for Murray is excellent, I use the Murray Playface he created in my PC version of the game.

Help! ;)

(just noticed the "defract" guy in YouTube you mentioned Llewelynf, I will check out what he demonstrates which i will assume explains the face stretching part of the process)

Okay I just checked out this video, and I noticed the face he blends in doesn't at any stage "stretch" out horizontally (maybe the WWE import method doesnt need the image stretched as per AOIT's method), so i am unsure how you managed to put Murray into the above stretched template format, I mean I can resize and stretch and edit photos as most of us can, but its knowing how you managed it in terms of the face in game then looking correctly proportioned and of course looking stretched in the PSG format,and of course when the process is done correctly once, it will work for all images that would be suitable in the game.

So any tips, Llewelynf, on how you created the above Murray importable face, would be very much appreciated!
Thanks for the wwe video. It would be better if they can give options to adjust the parts after uploading the face. I mean similarly like wwe.

Users who are viewing this thread