TENNIS AO Tennis

D

Deleted member 46200

I think anywhere past pro and veteran difficulty the window or amount of time you have to time your serves and shots has been shortened. Unfortunately you really have to practice that side of your game because that’s what causes a lot of unforced errors and a lot of faults on serve.
AI have been improved as well, they seem to reach most balls a lot easier and place there shots better making it harder to get into rallies. Also the amount ball speed and power they seem to have now on some shots can be way too over powering, making it hard to reach the shot or even make a well timed defensive shot back..
I think some tweaking may be needed to tune back AI alittle but yeah I’ll keep trying and practicing or just stick to playing on pro lol
You're making me look silly, I find this game hard on easy but I do agree practice makes for a better experience... I'm just wondering if there is a quicker way to level up. Or can we implement a quicker way to level up... ?

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Not impossible... Tinker with things find an equal balance until they read your comment and work on solutions x
Well said, just keep practicing, keep trying and you will find the balance that suites you. If something within the game needs improvements or changes, big ant are here and they will do what they can. Don’t loose faith :)

CraigMc24

Club Captain
You're making me look silly, I find this game hard on easy but I do agree practice makes for a better experience... I'm just wondering if there is a quicker way to level up. Or can we implement a quicker way to level up... ?
Not trying to make you look silly, it’s on of those things that you really need to practice :) , it’s like Ashes cricket, you really really need to get your timing correct and choose the right shot and placement at the right time and that in itself at times can be hard to master, but it takes abit of patience. Same with AO tennis how it takes time to work out your timing, might have to go back to free practice tutorials etc but start low and then slowly move up once that difficulty becomes too easy for you. Don’t stress you will get there.
And on your point about a quicker way to level up, I’m not sure that’s something they want to add into the game as they want to keep the game to a simulation style of game where you really have to practice and earn your way up through learning and getting the wins on the board. Having that option to possibly level up quicker would be nice for the people that are finding it hard to just pick up and play the game but I don’t think that will happen just yet unfortunately.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I feel like balance seems to be the hardest thing to get right in the game, anytime sometime is adjusted with a patch, it seems to become either too easy or too hard, obviously regardless not everyone is going to be happy with various tweaks, but I think after this patch it's the most I've seen people come out and say something about it.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
I feel like balance seems to be the hardest thing to get right in the game, anytime sometime is adjusted with a patch, it seems to become either too easy or too hard, obviously regardless not everyone is going to be happy with various tweaks, but I think after this patch it's the most I've seen people come out and say something about it.
I think there was always going to be a patch release that was divisive ether way but yeah totally agree, I think a lot of people have been rather strong about the tweaks to AI and to the difficulty of the game this time around. I know from personal experience that these areas of the game have been something, from the outside looking in seems possibly the hardest thing to get right and too a point where it pleases everybody. I think with alittle bit of fine tuning, it will get there in the end.

D

Deleted member 46200

Not trying to make you look silly, it’s on of those things that you really need to practice :) , it’s like Ashes cricket, you really really need to get your timing correct and choose the right shot and placement at the right time and that in itself at times can be hard to master, but it takes abit of patience. Same with AO tennis how it takes time to work out your timing, might have to go back to free practice tutorials etc but start low and then slowly move up once that difficulty becomes too easy for you. Don’t stress you will get there.
And on your point about a quicker way to level up, I’m not sure that’s something they want to add into the game as they want to keep the game to a simulation style of game where you really have to practice and earn your way up through learning and getting the wins on the board. Having that option to possibly level up quicker would be nice for the people that are finding it hard to just pick up and play the game but I don’t think that will happen just yet unfortunately.
Sorry, forgot to add... Lol x

Screamfan

School Cricketer
Blue and green clay are looking good too :)

1532265137-ps-messages-20180722-151202.jpg

1532265141-ps-messages-20180722-151207.jpg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Ok so was tempted to pick this up over the weekend but have held off after reading this chat for a bit. Got 6 weeks off so no rush..

The conversation about difficulty intrigued me and as some may know I worked a lot on Ashes Cricket and people discussed difficulty over and over in that forum but it was more a sense that Legendary was too hard and they were not prepared to move down..

Is this the case with Tennis? Or is it more of a I’m playing on rookie mode and don’t see myself ever being able to move up within the forseable future situation?

I’m no tennis expert but from seeing a few videos mainly from @JohnnyDGaming89 the game looks alright...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Skill level is a pure elitist thing

I am playing on amateur in career and will only move up when I consistently win easily

As long as I am having fun/challenge on my current skill level that’s all I care about

I don’t find the aiming method in this game intuitive at all (unlike cricket games ) and AI still needs tweaks but overall it’s a recommendation from me

D

Deleted member 46200

Ok so was tempted to pick this up over the weekend but have held off after reading this chat for a bit. Got 6 weeks off so no rush..
Is this yo (Mr Liberal
Is this the case with Tennis? Or is it more of a I’m playing on rookie mode and don’t see myself ever being able to move up within the forseable future situation?

I’m no tennis expert but from seeing a few videos mainly from @JohnnyDGaming89 the game looks alright...
It is hard but praqctice makes perfect my comments were about the high learning curve but in true Big ant style they've put sliders in... It is worth a smile...

Johnny's vids are amazing such a nice guy x x x x

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In Offline multiplayer, it will be nice if players switch sides alternatively or after two games. Please consider this. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread