TENNIS AO Tennis

grkrama

National Board President
Wow GTA in the top 10 after all these years. Essentially a ps3/x360 game too

they simply have no proper competition to them, watch dogs,saints rows or sleeping dogs dont come anywhere close to them, the only game i know that competes on the same technological level is witcher 3 but its a medieval fantasy game, though its the best on its own.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Big ant said on their twitter big improvements in a patch coming this week they will post patch notes hopefully new players

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Constantly referencing percieved failures elsewhere seems unnecessarily vitriolic. Surely a review's focus should be on the product and not the company?

I understand the two are linked to a point, but to make it the central point makes it feel like a very personal attack.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

It's a very bad review, but expressed in such intemperate language its hard to take seriously. I know i know the overall message is consistent with other reviews, but when it reads like a hatchet job it really comes off as unprofessional[DOUBLEPOST=1517385167][/DOUBLEPOST]
Constantly referencing percieved failures elsewhere seems unnecessarily vitriolic. Surely a review's focus should be on the product and not the company?

I understand the two are linked to a point, but to make it the central point makes it feel like a very personal attack.

Yup thought the same. If you read that and hadn't read any other reviews, you'd just assume Ross shagged his girlfriend.

passarapin

Associate Captain
AUS..
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I
It's a very bad review, but expressed in such intemperate language its hard to take seriously. I know i know the overall message is consistent with other reviews, but when it reads like a hatchet job it really comes off as unprofessional[DOUBLEPOST=1517385167][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yup thought the same. If you read that and hadn't read any other reviews, you'd just assume Ross shagged his girlfriend.

I agree with all of you, that the review is pretty unprofessional and seemingly biased.
However, the fact that it was on the splash page of news.com.au, which is a site that people from all walks of life frequent.
So some of those casual people who wouldn’t classify as a “gamer” or nessecarily know what a good review is, or where to find it. Might take this half baked review as gospel?

I’m not sure. But surely it can’t have had any good impact.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I

I agree with all of you, that the review is pretty unprofessional and seemingly biased.
However, the fact that it was on the splash page of news.com.au, which is a site that people from all walks of life frequent.
So some of those casual people who wouldn’t classify as a “gamer” or nessecarily know what a good review is, or where to find it. Might take this half baked review as gospel?

I’m not sure. But surely it can’t have had any good impact.
You're 100% correct.

I don't know if people are still taught Media Studies in high school any more, but we were at least taught relatively young to spot the BiaS from objective journalism. I think Facebook has killed that for 99% of people.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't think that's a bad review, I mean in the sense of the content or how it's written. He's no Margaret Atwood but it covers the gameplay and the flaws that the reviewer sees. Most of them exactly what is stated in other reviews. There's no great depth but that's not what you expect from anything other than proper gaming sites. Talking about the developer adds context, and unlike a lot other reviewers, shows that writer must be familiar with Big Ant's other games.

The worst thing about is he thinks it's funny to use Jelena Dokic's abusive father as a punchline for one of his bad jokes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread