TENNIS AO Tennis

Joe Bloggs

School Cricketer
@Ross or Mike

Thank you for the latest patch.

Can you please! confirm once and for all if you are ever going to address the awful ping pong ball sounds in the game? if there's one thing that hurts the feel of AOIT "IMO" it's the awful sound of hitting the ball, please change this to a proper tennis ball sound so the shots in the game sound better and more realistic when you hit them, currently the sound in the game is more like the sound you get in Rockstar's old Table Tennis game, truly think it hurts the feel of the game and I'm pretty shocked it's still an issue after 20+ patches.

D

Deleted member 46200

@CazCat okay, do your thing. Anyway back to the tennis.....how far are people into their careers?
Being rubbish at futures events and need to improve... It's annoying but in a good way... Makes me wanna play more... Winners feel like achievements and aces make me feel wow... I feel the learning curve is long. The reason I'm crap is my fault and I have to do better... And will.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Ross or Mike

Thank you for the latest patch.

Can you please! confirm once and for all if you are ever going to address the awful ping pong ball sounds in the game? if there's one thing that hurts the feel of AOIT "IMO" it's the awful sound of hitting the ball, please change this to a proper tennis ball sound so the shots in the game sound better and more realistic when you hit them, currently the sound in the game is more like the sound you get in Rockstar's old Table Tennis game, truly think it hurts the feel of the game and I'm pretty shocked it's still an issue after 20+ patches.

Frankly, it's a disaster, the sound completely sucks and it's an embarrassment. It's actually top of my list to get on top of starting Monday.

Yep I see everything. Some do deserve an unblock, but spoil it.
But, To be fair, I wouldn't really care if I was blocked by certain "people" :-

I try to get them first - as the great Billy Connolly's dad says "get yer retaliation in first"... anyway whom is it that I should unblock?

adammonghan

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah the sound does need huge work fix that and the atmosphere would completely go up for reference go have a look at Top Spin 4's sound it's incredible you can hear spectators shouting names of players etc and the racquet noise is great. TWT also seems to have decent noise as well. The net noise in AO is really awful atm and probably can use a revamp as well.

I would also like to see improvements made on clay as well in sound and in slides the slides are pretty pathetic and could do with a bit of refining again for reference have a look at TS4 a bit of clay rising up with the slide would help if you guys could do it and the clay affecting players clothing would be a nice touch as well.

Also I would like to let you guys know when the ball hits the net for a fault don't have the umpire call fault just have the beep as that is how it is in real life surprised nobody has mentioned it here tbh.

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
Yeah the sound does need huge work fix that and the atmosphere would completely go up for reference go have a look at Top Spin 4's sound it's incredible you can hear spectators shouting names of players etc and the racquet noise is great. TWT also seems to have decent noise as well. The net noise in AO is really awful atm and probably can use a revamp as well.

I would also like to see improvements made on clay as well in sound and in slides the slides are pretty pathetic and could do with a bit of refining again for reference have a look at TS4 a bit of clay rising up with the slide would help if you guys could do it and the clay affecting players clothing would be a nice touch as well.

Also I would like to let you guys know when the ball hits the net for a fault don't have the umpire call fault just have the beep as that is how it is in real life surprised nobody has mentioned it here tbh.

Better still, for the Clay court, the TS4 bit of clay rising is nothing compared to Grand Slam Tennis 2's Clay courts that RETAIN all the footprints and slidemarks throughout the entire match (it looks really organic as its never the same each time obviously), checkout my Roland Garros 4K upload in the GST2 thread. Doing the same for the Clay courts in AO Tennis would be amazing, but I do realise it would affect the framerate and amount of objects on screen will rise dramatically if the court has to retain footmarks, and it might not even be possible at all with your game engine depending on how you render the court textures themselves.

Would be lovely though.

Joe Bloggs

School Cricketer
Frankly, it's a disaster, the sound completely sucks and it's an embarrassment. It's actually top of my list to get on top of starting Monday.

I try to get them first - as the great Billy Connolly's dad says "get yer retaliation in first"... anyway whom is it that I should unblock?

Thanks! so much Ross, delighted to hear this, I've been wanting the ball sounds to be fixed/improved since release, thrilled your going to work on this next, I believe it will totally be worth the effort as I'm sure it will instantly make the gameplay feel better if you can get this right. Cheers!

D

Dutch

Better still, for the Clay court, the TS4 bit of clay rising is nothing compared to Grand Slam Tennis 2's Clay courts that RETAIN all the footprints and slidemarks throughout the entire match (it looks really organic as its never the same each time obviously), checkout my Roland Garros 4K upload in the GST2 thread. Doing the same for the Clay courts in AO Tennis would be amazing, but I do realise it would affect the framerate and amount of objects on screen will rise dramatically if the court has to retain footmarks, and it might not even be possible at all with your game engine depending on how you render the court textures themselves.

Would be lovely though.
In AO there are foot marks on the courts...grass at least that remain and the court gets gradually worse during a tournament...

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
In AO there are foot marks on the courts...grass at least that remain and the court gets gradually worse during a tournament...

Aha didnt realise that, does that happen in Casual match mode too then, as I have only played Casual, I'm not one for Career/Tournament mode.

Users who are viewing this thread